Welfare recipients live in mansion

Awww.. I need to get on SSI so I can live in a million dollar home and not stress out every day. Lol

Geez - If only........ I must be doing something wrong.

Seattle welfare recipient lives in million-dollar home | The Sideshow - Yahoo! News

This is part of what's wrong with our government today! Welfare recipients living in a mansion, traveling the world and getting food stamps?

Dude. First thing you need to keep in mind: this is only a 2500 sqft house. Hardly a "mansion." This home also happens to be in Seattle which makes the $1mil tag a bit overwhelming for you and your midwestern mindset.

I understand perfectly why and how this happened. The $1mil and world travel may be shocking to some. Doesn't faze me one bit.

really? many welfare recipients are living like this?

Not many, that's for sure. I'd worry if most people on welfare lived like this. I read more of the article and it sounds like they took advantage of a loophole.. and I think there must have been a scam going on on their part.

From what I read, what this person has done seems to be illegal. So, no way anyone would do that while government knows. There may be charges for this. It said still under investigation.

From what I read, what this person has done seems to be illegal. So, no way anyone would do that while government knows. There may be charges for this. It said still under investigation.

What was illegal? They reported that they lived at the address and such.

Dude. First thing you need to keep in mind: this is only a 2500 sqft house. Hardly a "mansion." This home also happens to be in Seattle which makes the $1mil tag a bit overwhelming for you and your midwestern mindset.

I understand perfectly why and how this happened. The $1mil and world travel may be shocking to some. Doesn't faze me one bit.

It is different being in Seattle and on the lake. In Texas we have 2500sqft game rooms! YEEEEEHAWWWW

Why police are involved? From my understand that wefare does count resources, and I am not sure if they report valuation of resources, or other information they might hide.

Obviously some people just don't get it. It is wrong pure and simple.

Why police are involved? From my understand that wefare does count resources, and I am not sure if they report valuation of resources, or other information they might hide.

police is not involved because this is a federal matter. As far as I'm concerned, they have not been charged with anything.

I was wondering the same thing. The only explanation that I can think of is that they must have been doing scams and that's why the Feds came to their house..

The link that the op provided doesn't say why the feds raided them. It's not against the law to take advantage of loopholes so there must be more to it than that.

Where I live it'd be shocking too. :P

Exactly, not 100% clear on it. I believe there is more to the story behind this. Feds don't raid just for no reason. Feds are required to have warrant for any raids.

I was wondering the same thing. The only explanation that I can think of is that they must have been doing scams and that's why the Feds came to their house..

The link that the op provided doesn't say why the feds raided them. It's not against the law to take advantage of loopholes so there must be more to it than that.

Back