Webcam to Sorenson Cam?

IloveVP said:
Do you know any IP address or domain name to get SorensonVRS via Netmeeting.

SorensonVRS IP Address: 12.152.166.162

In the same meantime, there is no such "hold.sorensonvrs.com"....
Except I could see hard document on:

GALILEO.SORENSON.COM 12.152.166.131
KEPLER.SORENSON.COM 12.152.166.130

Good luck ! Geez, I do NOT even have any VPs yet...

how about Vista computers webcam and Sorenson VPs?

Hi. I too am a hearing person and am getting a webcam shipped to me. I have a few deaf friends who I'd love to chat with on video. So my question is that I have a Windows Vista Premium computer and a Logitech QuickCam Messenger webcam (coming soon) and so how can I talk to my deaf friends with the pc and webcam I have with their Sorenson VPs? Software (non-Mac of course..only Vista). Thanks.
Heidi
P.S. I do know sign and don't want to do relay at all. Thanks. :)

I'm on the site now and it looks like it is a relay software. I am looking to talk to my deaf friends directly with no relay as I know sign language. Thank you anyway...unless I'm misinterpreting what the site is saying then I apologize. I have bad reading comprehension.
Heidi

I'm on the site now and it looks like it is a relay software. I am looking to talk to my deaf friends directly with no relay as I know sign language. Thank you anyway...unless I'm misinterpreting what the site is saying then I apologize. I have bad reading comprehension.
Heidi

Dudeeeeee.... you can use that software to call directly to your friend's VP, I have done it millions of times, you don't need to use VRS. Just download it and use it as your computer based VP. Comprendo??????

Hi. I too am a hearing person and am getting a webcam shipped to me. I have a few deaf friends who I'd love to chat with on video. So my question is that I have a Windows Vista Premium computer and a Logitech QuickCam Messenger webcam (coming soon) and so how can I talk to my deaf friends with the pc and webcam I have with their Sorenson VPs? Software (non-Mac of course..only Vista). Thanks.
Heidi
P.S. I do know sign and don't want to do relay at all. Thanks. :)

You can download HOVRS VideoSign 2.5 software to call in any videophone by public ip address only. www.hovrs.com See "VideoSign" on bottom bar.

Thanks so much for the info. When I get my webcam (and if it works and stuff) then I'll try the software. I hope they know what their IP address is on their VP. Hehe. Thanks again.

Jclarke,
Thanks for the info. The way the site looked, I thought it was a VRS only software but now I know (thanks to you) that I can call my friends directly. :D And it says it is Vista compatible too. So we'll see. Thanks again.
Heidi

Yeah, Viable Vision OR HOVRS VideoSign 2.5 - either way, both works.

Which of the two would you recommend or is better? Or are they both the same thing really (only with different company/org. names)?? They book look really good. Thanks again.
Heidi

Which of the two would you recommend or is better? Or are they both the same thing really (only with different company/org. names)?? They book look really good. Thanks again.
Heidi

Don't matter to choose one of two. If you are hearing, you don't need to join up HOVRS purple member. You can use VideoSign 2.5 program.

My uncle got me a Logitech 961608 Quickcam Messenger. I am only worried that when I sign to my friends, that my signing will be too pixelated and blurry and they won't be able to understand what I am saying. This is my first webcam too. Anyone have any thoughts/experiences on this? I mean has anyone who has a VP experienced someone signing to them from a so-so webcam and if so, are you able to understand what they are saying to you? Just curious is all. :)
Heidi

It depends on the fast internet which can help cleaing the images, but with a so-so webcam, if you are not happy with it, sell it and get a Logitech QuickCam 9000 instead.

My uncle got me a Logitech 961608 Quickcam Messenger. I am only worried that when I sign to my friends, that my signing will be too pixelated and blurry and they won't be able to understand what I am saying. This is my first webcam too. Anyone have any thoughts/experiences on this? I mean has anyone who has a VP experienced someone signing to them from a so-so webcam and if so, are you able to understand what they are saying to you? Just curious is all. :)
Heidi

This logitech is CMOS sensor that this type of sensor may slow down your videoconference capabilities.
Be sure to buy Logitech with a CCD sensor. Logitech Quickcam for Notebook Pro, Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000 or 5000, or best one.

This logitech is CMOS sensor that this type of sensor may slow down your videoconference capabilities.
Be sure to buy Logitech with a CCD sensor. Logitech Quickcam for Notebook Pro, Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000 or 5000, or best one.

What? Logitech?! I wouldn't suggest that.. I would suggest is MS Webcam is well work than what Logitech does. Logitech is using too much stuff when it is not needed.

I bought various product each day. I took product back to store and get another one each day until I found that MS webcam. I put that MS as last choice but it did went well.

What? Logitech?! I wouldn't suggest that.. I would suggest is MS Webcam is well work than what Logitech does. Logitech is using too much stuff when it is not needed.

I bought various product each day. I took product back to store and get another one each day until I found that MS webcam. I put that MS as last choice but it did went well.

Logitech webcam is better quailty than MS VX 3000

Warning: Some logitech webcam (Logitech 961608 Quickcam Messenger or cheap webcam) is CMOS sensor that this type of sensor may slow down your videoconference capabilities.

Best quality webcam must be CCD sensor.

Require CCD sensor webcam below.
Logitech
Quick Cam Pro 4000
Quick Cam Pro 5000
Quick Cam for Notebooks
Quick Cam Fusion

Microsoft
VX Series

Creative
NX Ultra
Live Ultra
Notebook Ultra

If you may buy another brand webcam, watch out different type of sensor!!

Well I don't know what censor thing my webcam has. Just got it today. I've tried using Viable Vision and it wouldn't even start up on my pc and even got someone on AIM that works for the company and they couldn't help me. So I tried HOVRS software and that started up on my pc but haven't been able to test it on anyone yet as they must not be home or something. Anyway, this is the webcam I'm stuck with for now. As I said, I can't afford to buy a nice one and I didn't even buy this one. My uncle got it on amazon.com and had it shipped to my house but he paid for it. So hopefully it won't be too bad. We'll see. Thanks for everyone's help. :)
Heidi

Well I don't know what censor thing my webcam has. Just got it today. I've tried using Viable Vision and it wouldn't even start up on my pc and even got someone on AIM that works for the company and they couldn't help me. So I tried HOVRS software and that started up on my pc but haven't been able to test it on anyone yet as they must not be home or something. Anyway, this is the webcam I'm stuck with for now. As I said, I can't afford to buy a nice one and I didn't even buy this one. My uncle got it on amazon.com and had it shipped to my house but he paid for it. So hopefully it won't be too bad. We'll see. Thanks for everyone's help. :)
Heidi

Great!!!

Hey.

I am hearing, and communicating with my Deaf friends back home is essential now that I moved away to college. I can no longer see them daily and using the phone, of course, isn't an option. I have found an AMAZING service, Viable. You can download Viable Vision and it's free, and amazing. If you have problems, you can press Help and they will help you and they are just amazing. You need their IP address to call them. One thing to make sure is that you get their PUBLIC IP, not Private. That won't work.

-Jess

Back