Web Programs

Just to point out that some of u complained abt Illustrator's question. He may just interested and wanted to know which web tools is best to build a webpage?

Is that what u meant?

Although I use Dreamweaver MX, its a fab stuff tho! save half a time to build a webpage in my opinion! :D and also easy to build data-driven with DWMX

Originally posted by knoble
Although I use Dreamweaver MX, its a fab stuff tho! save half a time to build a webpage in my opinion! :D and also easy to build data-driven with DWMX

I have been using DWMX for long while as I mentioned earlier but have not bothered to look into database feature DW offers. I have seen the fuss about database driven websites on magazines but didn't make it out what its all about.

I would like to know what is it used for and is it useful? ;)

Thanks!

Originally posted by barnettgs
I have been using DWMX for long while as I mentioned earlier but have not bothered to look into database feature DW offers. I have seen the fuss about database driven websites on magazines but didn't make it out what its all about.

I would like to know what is it used for and is it useful? ;)

Thanks!

Way back ago I did thought of what you've just said! although all my colleagues suggested me to try it out and learn! so I did and learned from the websites.

Now I thought it is extremely useful! ... so useful for what? well there's many things you can do, like guestbook, messageboard, thumbnail images, questionnaires, portifolios, online comments and many more ...

I'm telling ya it is worth to learn!

ciao

only if you have plenty of time, then thats fine.

For busy web designer or developer (like me) will have the benefit using Dreamweaver.

Originally posted by illustrator
ha ha, be nice.

by the way... buy Mac! :o
navfindero08282002.gif

Anyway... anyone have experience with GoLive?
i hate mac!

Originally posted by VamPyroX
Dreamweaver's okay... it's best to go by hand.

Then make your own website - I want to see you website update by next day. :P

I alternate Dreamweaver and Homesite and they both work well together. Dreamweaver leaves utterly mess sometimes even there's a button for "clean up html", but it doesn't always clean up as it suppose to. I let Dreamweaver do all the work for me then I use homesite to clean up manually.

I am familiar with Dreamweaver and use version 4 right now. MX sounds good! I also like to save time. I use Photoshop 7.0/Image Ready to make mockups and animation, and to create graphics for my pages. I alternate with A. Illustrator for the graphics if I don't want bitmap. I just focus more on the design and layout aspects rather than the technical aspect. ;)

A notepad is fine, if you feel that benefits you more.

BTW Mac rules! :cool: Windows just a knockoff and hackers make more viruses for that all the time. Just ask Steve Jobs and the astronomers in Hawaii.

You know PC means Piece of Crap. Buy Mac. It's the way to go when editing images and film/DVDs. I have heard new computers with XP crashing more often than the new Macs.

I use notepad, could whip up a basic homepage in 5 minutes.

For me with notepad, 3 minutes flat.. to make a boring and basic homepage. Dreamweaver complete with Photoshop add that extra dimension for me... ;)

PC is good..PC is God (sort of..), PC is Marvelous!! :bowdown: :laugh2:

It's the OS you need to worry about...anyway, PC is good..PC is God (sort of..), PC is Marvelous!! :bowdown: :laugh2:

MOD: Don't use too much smilies-icon. thank

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Katzie
I alternate Dreamweaver and Homesite and they both work well together. Dreamweaver leaves utterly mess sometimes even there's a button for "clean up html", but it doesn't always clean up as it suppose to. I let Dreamweaver do all the work for me then I use homesite to clean up manually.

I don't have problem with Dreamweaver with mess code in there. I don't bother use "clean up html" button.

Maybe you need to make plan careful before build the web page. Use sketch on the paper before doing on the computer. :D

Prepare plan is important. So, you don't have problem with webpage.

Originally posted by kevbo
I use notepad.

True web designers use notepad.

notepad better.. save $$ for many different kind program..
use your hand type on notepad isnt hard it easy to ttyping

Originally posted by hacker
notepad better.. save $$ for many different kind program..
use your hand type on notepad isnt hard it easy to ttyping

no... not really...

Back