weather?

Shel,

LOL! I know exactly what you mean about ASU! :) When I visited Tucson in 2001, I took a tour of the ASU campus and couldn't believe how *huge* it was!

After the tour, a friend and I stopped in an ice cream place near campus. I can't remember the name of the establishment, but the ice cream was *so* good! Just thinking about it makes my mouth water. LOL!

Phoenix must be *really* hot if you're able to fry eggs on the sidewalk! <grin> In my area, the hottest it has ever been was 105 degrees.

121 degrees? Wow! I know people always think the heat in Phoenix isn't that bad because "it's a dry heat" but hot is hot -- period -- with or without humidity.

During the summer we have more of a problem with high humidity levels. Temperatures can be in the 80's and 90's with humidity of 90-100%. When the humidity gets that high, it's a little too hot for me! :)

I have a question for you: When you relocated from Phoenix to Maryland, did you have difficulty adjusting to the colder climate of Maryland?

U said when u visited Tucson, u took a tour of ASU..I think u meant UofA (University of Arizona) since it is in Tucson while ASU (Arizona State) is in Phx.

Well, I am not sure which I prefer..MD's summers or Phx's summers. I can NOT and still have NOT gotten used to the high heat and humidity here. I tried but I feel very restricted when the heat index rises. I think I am more likely prefer Phx's heat but for a short time. LOL!

As for the winters...in the last 7 winters, it hasnt been so bad. More mild winters than very cold winters. There has been a few bouts of extremely cold weather with temps near 0 but they dont last long. Most of the time the highs here during the winter have been like 35 to 55 degrees. I dont know if that is normal or going thru a warming trend? When it gets extremely cold..I stay inside. LOL!

It is cool today 45 degrees and still SUNNY.. another beauitful day! :)

It is rainy and windy with a temperature at 70 deg forecast for today. We have a cyclone up in the north/west which is pushing the wind and the rain down to us.

Shel,

LOL! I know exactly what you mean about ASU! :) When I visited Tucson in 2001, I took a tour of the ASU campus and couldn't believe how *huge* it was!

After the tour, a friend and I stopped in an ice cream place near campus. I can't remember the name of the establishment, but the ice cream was *so* good! Just thinking about it makes my mouth water. LOL!

Phoenix must be *really* hot if you're able to fry eggs on the sidewalk! <grin> In my area, the hottest it has ever been was 105 degrees.

121 degrees? Wow! I know people always think the heat in Phoenix isn't that bad because "it's a dry heat" but hot is hot -- period -- with or without humidity.

During the summer we have more of a problem with high humidity levels. Temperatures can be in the 80's and 90's with humidity of 90-100%. When the humidity gets that high, it's a little too hot for me! :)

I have a question for you: When you relocated from Phoenix to Maryland, did you have difficulty adjusting to the colder climate of Maryland?

Yeah, When My friend talk about fried egg cooked on the sidewalk or road whatever.. Likely I said, Oh bull... then showned me 110% proof.. My jawbone already wide open... whoa... it's really WORKED...
No wonder why My barefeet were burning when I walk on the sidewalk and cannot stand stay longer and kept continue jumping dance and trying to open the damnit door open and jump into the swimming pool... I learn my own lesson ever again barefeet. My friend say, "uh oh you're dumb tourist!" :giggle:
I'll be damned! *laughing*

Yeah, When My friend talk about fried egg cooked on the sidewalk or road whatever.. Likely I said, Oh bull... then showned me 110% proof.. My jawbone already wide open... whoa... it's really WORKED...
No wonder why My barefeet were burning when I walk on the sidewalk and cannot stand stay longer and kept continue jumping dance and trying to open the damnit door open and jump into the swimming pool... I learn my own lesson ever again barefeet. My friend say, "uh oh you're dumb tourist!" :giggle:
I'll be damned! *laughing*

Speaking of being barefeet...when my daughter was around 15 months old, she figured out how to open the door for the first time and I was doing the laundry in the other room. Of course, I couldnt hear so when I came out and found the door open, I panicked and ran outside. There she was on the driveway barefoot in the summer afternoon with 110 degree heat. I had to take her to the ER and she got 2nd degree burns on the bottom of her feet cuz she just stood there on the hot pavement frozen and wailing. She must have stood there for more than a minute so the damage occurred quickly. It was awful and I felt sooo guilty for a long time after that. Cant walk barefeet on a pavement in the summer! Will get serious burns.

Blizzard blog for snowbirds

here it did snow last night... about a foot of snow..I had to shovel the snow off the porch and later did use the tractor with snowblower to clear the rest.. whew I was done in 2 hours with the tractor

Here in KY it isn't bad. Mornings have been in 30s and 40s for the most part with highs near 60 - only one dusting of snow so far.

I lived in Berthoud, CO years ago and found this hilarious blog entry. It reminded me of the one time that I spent SEVEN hours trying to get to work. That's a story for another day. Enjoy.

Blizzard or Blessing? > Random > Blogs > Brighton > YourHub.com

Current Conditions
Updated: 3:38 PM CST on January 03, 2007

Observed at: KD5GMX Weather Network, Damascus, Arkansas
Elevation: 698 ft / 212 m

51.4 °F / 10.8 °C
Clear
Humidity: 55%
Dew Point: 36 °F / 2 °C
Wind: 6.0 mph / 9.7 km/h / 3.1 m/s from the South
Wind Gust: 9.0 mph / 14.5 km/h
Pressure: 30.18 in / 1021.9 hPa (Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

Up in here, it is a little over 40's in degree. Very warm and sunny. The snow is startin' to melt and it is makin' more puddles everywhere.

it rained all day and finally stopped earlier, whew.. it is now 50F .. too damp for me and my ankle and my hand both are achy.. sigh..

Dogs and Cats are heavy pouring here... I'm very happy because it's no snow... which it's good news! (chuckles)

from florida....

It can rain here too......:aw:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 5
It has been raining, raining, raining for the last couple of days now ....I'm waiting for some sunshine....

Raining here too. 51 Degrees which is not usually normal for Ohio at this time of year. Also under a flood statement and a flash flood watch for today.

Rainy today and in the 60s. Supposed to be sunny and 66 tmw. This is AWESOME weather for Jan! LOL!

It has been raining, raining, raining for the last couple of days now ....I'm waiting for some sunshine....

Yep same here! I hate it when I stand outside with my little one waiting for the bus while raining, I would get so wet and my hair would look yucky! I gave my son the umbrella, I thought he would need it more than I would. ;)

Boston is unseasonably warm. It will be in the mid 60s tomorrow. Very bizarre, indeed.

Third snowstorm in CO

I've been trying to keep up with AD and the ever worsening situation in Colorado. The folks up by Boulder/Longmont have been pounded by over four feet of snow just since weekend before Christmas. Farmers, ranchers, city budgets and small businesses are all taking a beating.

LongmontFYI - Another storm, another mess

Back