We almost lost little G

zookeeper4321 said:
The number one cause of poisoning in little ones is grandparents pills. Well, G ate some the other night. My parents room is supposed to be locked when the kids are there. They forgot and he ate 3 blood pressure pills and 3 nerve pills. We rushed him to the ER and he is ok now. My parents went out and bought a lock box for the pills. I only wish they had done it sooner. Dad is on 6 different medicines and he had just filled the pill box. We are so lucky that he only ate a few and spit most of it out. I spent a night in the hospital with G on IV becaues someone was careless. Please be careful around the little ones. I really hate that he had to go through this. I am so glad he is still here. The lock box was $10.00 at Wal-Mart.
I am happy everything turned out ok. It is sad when that happens. Make sure to show your kids that pills are not candy. Talk to them about it. Really the only way to prevent somthing like that or anything with children is to talk to the about things.

wow glad ur G is ok now.. its happens my twins nieces ate medicine as they thought its candy while my ex sister in law talks on phone long hours hours.. and she feels funny where is twins girls are cuz of dont see or notices around the house..after she done chatted her friend on phone she go looking around the house and found ths girls in bathroom and SAW medinice on sink or floor she alert call poision something.. she was soooo panic and worry bout girls cuz of not sure how much they took these pills . next day girls are ok alright..she knows its aint much pills kind of fews left over. now she learns her lesson put other cabinet way high so twins can't reached it up.

Iam glad Little G is alright. better be safe next time. I know it's not funny to kids thought it was candy.

Please watch your own kids to be safety and be with God bless.

Wow, glad to know that your little G is okay now. Whew. Thank you for the warning. I kept all medicine way up high above the toilet in the bathroom. So far, nothing happen to my boys. Knock on the wood. I pray nothing will happen either.

A lock box is a very good idea!! :thumb:

i always hide pills somewhere while my god daughter visit or stay with me... but my god daughter is very smart know not near pills..

i am glad that G is doing good.. thanks for warn!

SB_GB_4ever said:
I am happy everything turned out ok. It is sad when that happens. Make sure to show your kids that pills are not candy. Talk to them about it. Really the only way to prevent somthing like that or anything with children is to talk to the about things.

That's the problem with Little G. He doesn't understand sign or speech. I virtually have no communication with him and he is a very active toddler. He does recognise the sign for no so if you catch him in the act it's ok. He is very fast though.

Thanks everyone for your love and support.

zookeeper4321 said:
That's the problem with Little G. He doesn't understand sign or speech. I virtually have no communication with him and he is a very active toddler. He does recognise the sign for no so if you catch him in the act it's ok. He is very fast though.

You appeared winded when you wrote that . . . I'm sorry if I came on a bit strong toward you earlier. Now I know more of the story and that the grandparents DO have to have their bedroom door locked, literally.

How old is your toddler?

zookeeper4321 said:

SB_GB_4ever said:
... Really the only way to prevent somthing like that or anything with children is to talk to the about things.
That doesn't work until they are old enough to understand.

Yike. that is really scary experince for every parents who have children taking some dangerous pills!! I'm so happy to hear little G is okay! Whew.. im sure your parents felt so bad about this. But glad they got it taken care so it wouldnt happen again.. Sometime our parents didnt really think about this because they are no longer taking care of little kids and all suddenly they are taking care of their own grandchilden and forgot small things even if its really important.. anyway!! glad that little G is ok!!! hugs!

LisaMarie said:
Yike. that is really scary experince for every parents who have children taking some dangerous pills!! I'm so happy to hear little G is okay! Whew.. im sure your parents felt so bad about this. But glad they got it taken care so it wouldnt happen again.. Sometime our parents didnt really think about this because they are no longer taking care of little kids and all suddenly they are taking care of their own grandchilden and forgot small things even if its really important.. anyway!! glad that little G is ok!!! hugs!

Good point you got there. I never thought about that and it does make sense. :gpost:

i am glad that your G is ok whew

i remember one time when my parents were gone my brother was cerious about our grandma's vitaims she was taking and took on and put it in his nose and unforunity it got stuck in his nose grandma tried to get it out but wouldn't when our parents came home and the next day mom took him and me (i was home sick from school with fever) to the doctor and the nurse took me to get some candy while doctor get the vitaims out i came in the exam room in time to see that piece out EEEWW
but thanks god his nose was not damaged whew and he was ok

that was so scary !!!

Back