We almost lost little G

zookeeper4321

Reaction score
The number one cause of poisoning in little ones is grandparents pills. Well, G ate some the other night. My parents room is supposed to be locked when the kids are there. They forgot and he ate 3 blood pressure pills and 3 nerve pills. We rushed him to the ER and he is ok now. My parents went out and bought a lock box for the pills. I only wish they had done it sooner. Dad is on 6 different medicines and he had just filled the pill box. We are so lucky that he only ate a few and spit most of it out. I spent a night in the hospital with G on IV becaues someone was careless. Please be careful around the little ones. I really hate that he had to go through this. I am so glad he is still here. The lock box was $10.00 at Wal-Mart.

Oh goodness!

Thank you for that warning. I'm so glad Little G is alright!

This hit home for me. When I was four, I was almost poisoned by prescription cough syrup that had been left on the bedside table in my parent's room. Someone had left it there thinking I wasn't able to get to it, but I crawled into their room, pulled myself up to where the medicine was, and I opened the bottle and drank. I don't know how much I ingested, but enough that I ended up getting a dose of syrup of ipecac. I'll save you the details, but suffice it to say, it wasn't a pleasant experience for me. I also learned never to touch anything on Mommy's bedside table again!

Best safe place Cabient w/lock..

My teenagers are knows about medication at the cabient.. unless have to ask me first before take it..

I'm glad G is Alright!!!!

I will have to show my mom and my sister this one because she has the grand children at her house all the time. I am glad nothing bad further happened and God Bless ..... :angel:

Oh my goodness, I'm just really glad he's okay now, good thing that you found out sooner than later...When I was little, my sisters and I took couple of those Flindstones vitimas which taste like candy, my dad found out and took us three to the ER and they made us vomit by putting a stick down our throat..

I agree that medicines should be locked up or put it up somewhere where a child can not reach...

Oh wow your little G was so lucky. Glad you got new lock box to stay away from little G.

when I was 2 yrs old I drank gasoline which I dont know what it is so I drank it and my mom saw me that I drank so she took me to hopstial in a RUSH!!!!!! then after hopstial I was doing better. wow I didnt know I drank gasoline oh yikes!!!!!!

Oh my I am glad your sweet one is ok. :hug: are for your little one. Glad that your parent or grandparent got the locked box. My son is 10 yrs old and knows better not to get into it. I have never had a problem with him but knock on wood. I will be sure to lock it up if I had any little kid in my house. Surely will put it in my bedroom and lock it up before my cat get stuck in there. LOL

I'm so glad that he is OK. Whew!

whew! glad he is safe and sound...when I was little girl...my family were all in living room chatting...I went in the kitchen..I saw the bottles on bar top of the sink...I climbed and grabed it...opened it and took one..but I choked it - my grandpa ran and helped me...good thing the pill came out of my throat!

Whoa!!

Please don't blame the grandparents, as the parents should always have control of their kids and, in no uncertain terms, grandpa's and grandma's bedroom is off limits unless invited and the grandkids understand this. Fortunately, this was caught before tragedy struck and you may have been planning a funeral today instead of hugging little G. Also, grandparents shouldn't have to lock their bedroom door. Sorry I was stern with you.

I remember while growing up, our family had rifles in the house and the ammunition stored elsewhere. Dad always told us boys, in a mean and stern voice, "The guns are to be left in the closet and not to be touched when we are not home!" I showed a friend of mine's the gun I used, but dad never found out about it. Back then, gun locks really weren't on the market as they are today.

Poor little G.

I take a lot of medications and it's better to put the pills up high somewhere so the kids won't get it.. A lock box will help but still put the medications up high or in a closet with a lock on it. Me and my sister does it all the time so kids can't get into it, its for there own safey... I'm glad he's going okay now... Good thing he is alive becasue pills can harm you big time. So be careful next time!!!!!! :)

True; kids can get into almost anything.

When my daughter was a toddler, we lived in a townhouse. The bedrooms were upstairs. The bathroom where we kept our aspirin was downstairs. During the early morning, while I was still asleep, my daughter snuck downstairs, pulled a tall stool from the kitchen across the hall, and into the bathroom. Then, she climbed the stool to reach the medicine cabinet. She opened the cabinet, found the bottle of aspirin, and got down. She took the bottle of aspirin into the hall, and opened it. I came downstairs and found her playing with the aspirin. (In those days, there were so "childproof" containers.) I didn't know if she ate any, so I took her to the emergency room. They made her vomit there. The doctor didn't think she actually ate any because there were so many left on the floor, and he didn't see any traces in the vomit. But the doctor said just keep an eye on her for the rest of the day, just to be safe. She was fine but it was a scary situation.

Back