Water high of lead content in Flint, Michigan

This is disgusting ,kids now have lead poisoning b/c the pubic was not told
'Not to drink the water b/c lead was in it and they needed to use a filter .
:( :mad:

Most people over the world new apart from Americans not only lead.fish been dying long time it problem that effects all the country but as you Americans you won't be told.It means bottled water going be sold and that means Florida will suffer.in other words you going to pay for water you already own which as yet not polluted and it won't be because the ones polluting are the ones getting money from bottled water.
It was on tv awful situation.the lake nearly dead

Most people over the world new apart from Americans not only lead.fish been dying long time it problem that effects all the country but as you Americans you won't be told.
I'm not sure what you mean. In America we do know about pollution in the water. Water clean-up programs have been active since the 1960's.

It means bottled water going be sold and that means Florida will suffer.in other words you going to pay for water you already own which as yet not polluted and it won't be because the ones polluting are the ones getting money from bottled water.
Why would Florida suffer from people buying bottled water?

It was on tv awful situation.the lake nearly dead
Which lake?

As bad as it is I just want to remind people that it is in the City of Flint. It is not the whole state of Michigan as the title may make people that did not read closely think.

As bad as it is I just want to remind people that it is in the City of Flint. It is not the whole state of Michigan as the title may make people that did not read closely think.

Yah, no problems my way. Other than a neglectful governor.

The accepted level is 15 ppb (parts per billion). According to Wikipedia, some homes were found to have 13,200 ppb.

It is important to note that there wasn't actually a large concentration of lead in the water source. The water source instead had highly corrosive properties and the corrosion of the water pipes caused a high lead concentration.

I say this not because it makes it better, but because Lead poisoning isn't the only problem it caused. There is also a significant increase in Legionnaire's Disease and other bacterial issues as a result of the corrosion. Part of the reason Flint cant just switch to good water and be done with it is because their pipes are faulty now.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2016/01/legionaires_disease_spike_disc.html

there been 10 fatal from Legionnaire's Disease so far all b/c people weren't told how bad the water was . This is totally unacceptable and someone has to be held accountable for the death of these people and all the children that have lead poisoning . I wouldn't want my child to drink any water in Michigan .

You have got it wrong! It is NOT all of Michigan but the Flint, Michigan area (water system).

Where's Michael Moore when you need him? ;)

Back