Washington DC area events?

LOL, am I drunk? Not while working (although RavenSteve would disagree ;) )

Some social situations I do fine in..comfortable talking to people. Having never been to a deaf event, and having poor signing skills at this time, I would be a bit nervous. Thats why I recommended having a friend there.

Taylor said:
LOL, am I drunk? Not while working (although RavenSteve would disagree ;) )

Some social situations I do fine in..comfortable talking to people. Having never been to a deaf event, and having poor signing skills at this time, I would be a bit nervous. Thats why I recommended having a friend there.

:sure:
cops do sneaky things anyway!! :P

Actually, BooBoo is an old nickname...but sheesh. So much for playin' nice ;)

Nah...back when I was kid....a little too daring at times...things like going high on the swings....jumping the big ramp when I was a kid...crap like that. Way too many stitches over the years LOL

aikifrodogrrl said:
Hi,

I live near DC are there any events going on there? I'm kind of new to this place and would like to meet other HOH/Deaf people.

thanks

I miss Rockfest at Washington DC few years ago because that time I have no car. I would go to there Washington DC. :ugh2:

Taylor said:
Nah...back when I was kid....a little too daring at times...things like going high on the swings....jumping the big ramp when I was a kid...crap like that. Way too many stitches over the years LOL

:giggle: whats wrong with calling the TAYBABE the BOO BOO?? :naughty: :giggle:

Edit: Err. I think it is best for me to not tease both of you (Taylor and zesty) like that... so I removed my post.

Last edited:
Magatsu said:
Edit: Err. I think it is best for me to not tease both of you (Taylor and zesty) like that... so I removed my post.

awww.. as long it is nothing provoking like with raven and TTT.. we are all having fun in here.. arent we!?!? hmmm? :thinking:

I think it is better to not say in the public unless you want me to, I can pm you what I posted before I removed it.

Magatsu said:

LOL...Sheesh. Now I'm curious. You have my permission to post it...hopefully zesty will agree (if not, drop me a PM).

Taylor said:
LOL...Sheesh. Now I'm curious. You have my permission to post it...hopefully zesty will agree (if not, drop me a PM).

yea me too!! spill it magapoo!! :P

Magatsu said:
I think it is better to not say in the public unless you want me to, I can pm you what I posted before I removed it.

ok PM it to us then!! :D

my my!! i got the world saying SHEESH like me!! sheesh!! LOL guess i am UNIQUE!?!? :angel: :giggle:

zesty said:
my my!! i got the world saying SHEESH like me!! sheesh!! LOL guess i am UNIQUE!?!? :angel: :giggle:

Hey...I copyrighted the word *sheesh* in 1984 ;)

Feeling comfortable at events

Hi all,

I sign pretty good (not turbo-speed or fluent total yet). I'm just really really shy. With everyone. I think a lot of it has to do that I grew up without understanding people so I felt stupid a lot. I kind of felt isolated. I'm also a bit nervous cause I grew up oral w/out HA's and I dont have the same experiences as others.

Anyways if anyone does meet me I'm the painfully shy short girl looking vaguely embarrassed. I figure I might as well try to socialize a little. I need to try and get over this shyness. I think most people are probably nice and if I try maybe it will be okay.

Back