Washington DC area events?

aikifrodogrrl

Reaction score
Hi,

I live near DC are there any events going on there? I'm kind of new to this place and would like to meet other HOH/Deaf people.

thanks

next event is tonite -- DPHH in Virginia -- link: http://www.dphh.net

1201 South Joyce Street
Arlington, VA 22202
703-414-3601

enjoy if u plan to go! :D

Thanks!

Thanks Flyfree,

I cant go tonight (raging ear infection -yeech) but I will make plans to go next month! :cheers:

ok great! hope ur ear heals! :(

if i find other event info and etc ill pass it on to u! :D

glad she gave you the link!! i was out all day today.. boy i got so much reading to catch up on! grrr lol

you will enjoy the deaf professional happy hour in the metro dc area.. it is on the first friday of the month.. it might be overwhelming at first.. but you will find some oralists there and so forth .. hopefully!! most of them are professionals and intelligent people..

hope you feel better girl!! :thumb:

Just out of curiosity, are hearies welcome at many of these deaf events?

I see that they are welcome at the DPHH events, but was wondering about other events :)

YES, hearing people are encouraged to attend. Many sign language interpreters and other hearing professionals enjoy attending DPHH as it is an opportunity to meet old and new friends and to improve signing skills. If you are not a signer, you may want to bring a friend as the DPHH environment can sometimes be overwhelming!

Taylor said:

I see that they are welcome at the DPHH events, but was wondering about other events :)
SHOULD be or I will be pissed off at these deafies.

TAYLOR: Just out of curiosity, are hearies welcome at many of these deaf events?

I see that they are welcome at the DPHH events, but was wondering about other events

Magatsu said:
SHOULD be or I will be pissed off at these deafies.

:cheers: MAGABOY!!

Taylor said:

YES Taylor! go on down to a DPHH event and enjoy urself! :D

zesty said:
and pick up women.. (a good way of getting them to teach you signs!) :giggle:

LOL....We'll see. I really need to improve on my skills otherwise I'd look like even more of an ass than I already do :)

Taylor said:
LOL....We'll see. I really need to improve on my skills otherwise I'd look like even more of an ass than I already do :)

thats a good way of getting a female tutor!! (wink)
your body gestures will suffice it!! :rofl:

zesty said:
glad she gave you the link!! i was out all day today.. boy i got so much reading to catch up on! grrr lol

you will enjoy the deaf professional happy hour in the metro dc area.. it is on the first friday of the month.. it might be overwhelming at first.. but you will find some oralists there and so forth .. hopefully!! most of them are professionals and intelligent people..

hope you feel better girl!! :thumb:

not very many oralists at the DC area DPHH events -- most are signers with combined ability to speak but most of them generally dont based on my observations when i have attended the DPHH events in the DC area -- theyre fun too cuz i get to meet up with the few old friends i knew from wayyyy back and catch up on some news and etc etc :)

Fly Free said:
not very many oralists at the DC area DPHH events -- most are signers with combined ability to speak but most of them generally dont based on my observations when i have attended the DPHH events in the DC area -- theyre fun too cuz i get to meet up with the few old friends i knew from wayyyy back and catch up on some news and etc etc :)

well i have old friends who come from the similar backgrounds who live in the dc area.. they are now fluent in signing other than speaking.. meaning they do both like i do... so i am sure aiki will have no plm with that.. as she goes along.. i have always wanted to attend DPHH but never had a chance.. hope to go soon when the weather warms up.. grrr

I'll have to meet somebody going to an event...at least I'll have a friend there to easy my tension LOL

Taylor said:
I'll have to meet somebody going to an event...at least I'll have a friend there to easy my tension LOL

awww!! i can guide you like a cute and shy lil boy when i am in the dc area?? heehee

Hey now....play nice ;) I suck in some social situations...others I do quite well ;)

Taylor said:
Hey now....play nice ;) I suck in some social situations...others I do quite well ;)

how so?? care to elaborate?? :naughty: hey!! i am playing nice!! are u drunk?? :giggle:

Back