Washington DC area events?

aikifrodogrrl said:
Hi all,

I sign pretty good (not turbo-speed or fluent total yet). I'm just really really shy. With everyone. I think a lot of it has to do that I grew up without understanding people so I felt stupid a lot. I kind of felt isolated. I'm also a bit nervous cause I grew up oral w/out HA's and I dont have the same experiences as others.

Anyways if anyone does meet me I'm the painfully shy short girl looking vaguely embarrassed. I figure I might as well try to socialize a little. I need to try and get over this shyness. I think most people are probably nice and if I try maybe it will be okay.

I would be more than happy to help you there and would make you feel at ease but unfortunately I live over 3,000 miles away but I am sure that there are many like me who will be down to earth and help you around without added pressure :)

aikifrodogrrl said:
Hi all,

I sign pretty good (not turbo-speed or fluent total yet). I'm just really really shy. With everyone. I think a lot of it has to do that I grew up without understanding people so I felt stupid a lot. I kind of felt isolated. I'm also a bit nervous cause I grew up oral w/out HA's and I dont have the same experiences as others.

Anyways if anyone does meet me I'm the painfully shy short girl looking vaguely embarrassed. I figure I might as well try to socialize a little. I need to try and get over this shyness. I think most people are probably nice and if I try maybe it will be okay.
Which state do you live in?

Like what Meg said, I'd love to help you out but which state do you live in?

Meg said:
I would be more than happy to help you there and would make you feel at ease but unfortunately I live over 3,000 miles away but I am sure that there are many like me who will be down to earth and help you around without added pressure :)

me too!! :) .. and i also used to live in the area too.. sometimes i come down to see my friends.. i am pndering about relocating to the area as a matter of fact... so if i ever do.. i can look you up if you want? :)

zesty said:
she lives in the metro dc area..
DUH!!!!!!!! I forget what she said in her first post. Boy, I feel dumb.

I am stuck in California, sorry aikifrodogrrl :/

Magatsu said:
DUH!!!!!!!! I forget what she said in her first post. Boy, I feel dumb.

I am stuck in California, sorry aikifrodogrrl :/

awww.. you are not dumb.. you simply forgot.. i forget small stupid things too... :hug:

Site not working

I just tried to go to the weblink below and it's not working. Maybe it's just my internet connection.

next event is tonite -- DPHH in Virginia -- link: Account Suspended

1201 South Joyce Street
Arlington, VA 22202
703-414-3601

enjoy if u plan to go! :D

Signing practice

I am hearing and I'm not fluent because I don't get out and go to deaf events. I would love to hook up and practice or even go to deaf events with you. I, too, feel a bit shy and uncomfortable. It's hard to step outside the box when you feel like you might be judged for not signing correctly

Hi all,

I am hearing and I'm not fluent because I don't get out and go to deaf events. I would love to hook up and practice or even go to deaf events with you. I, too, feel a bit shy and uncomfortable. It's hard to step outside the box when you feel like you might be judged for not signing correctly

DeafDC for Washington DC Deaf Professionals - DPHH

Here is a current link for you. :wave:

Hi if your looking for upcoming events go to Gallaudet universities website and click the link for upcoming events they usually have a bunch of stuff

Hello AllDeaf!
I wonder that have you any deaf events in VA area? i live in Woodbridge, va. i would like to meet them and enjoy chat and fun!! I hope that you will info me any deaf events. Thank you...

Back