WANTED: Blackberry cellphone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a difference?

See, this whole greedy "you can only play by our rules" shit is the very reason why I will never get an iPhone. Fuck Apple, and fuck ATT. You fork out the money for the product and it becomes yours, and if you want to use it with a different carrier or plan, or even shove it up your ass, that's none of their concern.

The HTC Evo with sprint dhh data only plan is looking pretty damn good to me right now...
There is actually no difference, however jailbreaking is a risk of destroying or something that could lose data. Unlocked phones means that ANY SIM card from any carieer can work with the iphone - my iPhone is NOT under a iPhone plan at the moment under my network, because i couldn't be fucked to call up and change, it is currently under the blackberry plan and it still works like a beaut. I am sure if you can get a Apple iPhone directly from the apple store however I am NOT sure in U.S stores of Apple Inc they lock these iphones under AT&T - however it is a worth the try to ask if it is really unlocked if purchased directly from Apple - would work with any network in U.S however it is not my doubts, I am just guessing my handiwork - it works like a charm down here though

Eh, no offense, but you're very much wrong, Chevy. If Jake's iPhone is properly jailbroken, he can pop in an already-activated gophone SIM, or any SIM for that matter. You just have to make sure the SIM is activated with a different phone before placing it in the iPhone. Read here: Iphone GoPhone Prepaid Service: Unlimited Text, Internet + 200 Minutes

Jake, no need to buy an extra phone, just have a friend in US buy you a cheap gophone with SIM, activate it, and then mail it to you ahead of your departure date.

I disagree with you. AT&T Gophone is not good. Must be jailbroken iPhone. No way. AT&T sucks. Should be other carrier like T-Mobile. Sprint and Verizon plans cannot work with GSM unlocked cell phones in US. Sprint and Verizon are CDMA network. T-Mobile is GSM network.

Looks like I have found the solution - I can use the GoPhone SIM card onto my unlocked iPhone, only if YOU don't tell them you're using the iPhone - just get a old or cheap ass phone as a back up so you can get the IMEI number for the SIM card

Source: iPhone in the USA - Optus - iPhone - Whirlpool Forums

Have a good read.

Looks like I have found the solution - I can use the GoPhone SIM card onto my unlocked iPhone, only if YOU don't tell them you're using the iPhone - just get a old or cheap ass phone as a back up so you can get the IMEI number for the SIM card

Source: iPhone in the USA - Optus - iPhone - Whirlpool Forums

Have a good read.

Yeah. You try to get AT&T GoPhone SIM cards. Fingers crossed.

You may read AT&T forums
Australian iphone on GoPhone? - AT&T Wireless Community

http://djsteen.com/wp/2010/03/12/iphone-australia-usa/

Last edited:
I disagree with you. AT&T Gophone is not good. Must be jailbroken iPhone. No way. AT&T sucks. Should be other carrier like T-Mobile. Sprint and Verizon plans cannot work with GSM unlocked cell phones in US. Sprint and Verizon are CDMA network. T-Mobile is GSM network.

Yes, this is all fairly common knowledge: ATT blows, etc. etc. I was talking about the fact that YES, one can put a gophone SIM into an iPhone. Not saying it's ideal, but just saying...

It should be OK - as long the IMEI is regsitered to an old cheap ass cellphone and you're good to go.

I have Blackberry from Sprint, how much are you willing to pay for it ? I got it replace and it is good condition, I just change my mind so I bought other one with camera on it. My old device do not have camera so do you take that ? I am keeping my sim card so no sim card available.

I have Blackberry from Sprint, how much are you willing to pay for it ? I got it replace and it is good condition, I just change my mind so I bought other one with camera on it. My old device do not have camera so do you take that ? I am keeping my sim card so no sim card available.
How old is it?
Is there a prepaid SIM card available from Sprint?

Fairly new, about month old since I got it replace it from Sprint, I do not know about prepaid SIM card have to go find out about that one. I will have to call them and see what they say about that.

Fairly new, about month old since I got it replace it from Sprint, I do not know about prepaid SIM card have to go find out about that one. I will have to call them and see what they say about that.
What model is the blackberry? Sorry about the questions.

And thanks for doing that - prepaid details is what I need to know if it is suitable.

It is 8330 Blackberry I will get back to you for further details OK?

How old is it?
Is there a prepaid SIM card available from Sprint?

Well, Sprint doesn't use sim cards. They are a CDMA provider. T-Mobile and AT&T/Cingular are the two main GSM providers in the US which use GSM also. Try Boost Mobile which uses sim cards for Blackberry

Sprint:

AT&T or T-Phone blackberry have prepaid sims cards.

Well, Sprint doesn't use sim cards. They are a CDMA provider. T-Mobile and AT&T/Cingular are the two main GSM providers in the US which use GSM also. Try Boost Mobile which uses sim cards for Blackberry

Sprint:

AT&T or T-Phone blackberry have prepaid sims cards.
I forgot that Spring is a CDMA network, my bad but is there an option where you recharge prepay to use the service under Sprint?

What model is the blackberry? Sorry about the questions.

And thanks for doing that - prepaid details is what I need to know if it is suitable.

YES they said you should be able to get it from the Boost.com where you can buy the prepaid SIM card, they said it should work for this model 8330 so I look at my paper it was on April 30 when I got this replace cell phone. You are getting this cell, battries, charger, case for that. So this cell phone is pretty new as over month old so my offer is $100 dollars for everything.

I had stopped to Sprint store to ask about prepaid sim card. he said Blackberry 8330 doesn't have sim card. BB 8830, Tour or Bold can use sim cards but Sprint doesn't have prepaid sim card. Verizon has it. Most prepaid sim card will will run in a Blackberry as long as it is a GSM mobile network. You can buy one and activate it. Good choices for mobile coverage are AT&T and T-Mobile.

Why don't you get pre-paid cellphone? It's much cheap and pay for once time to run out of crap plan

Why don't you get pre-paid cellphone? It's much cheap and pay for once time to run out of crap plan
I would want access to my email - because it saves the credit over TXT however these pre-paid cellphones under AT&T is ricdicously cheap. I have options to decide from.

mtnlady - that is the offer I am after, however I need to think about it first.

My cousin may buy Sprint HTC EVO 4G. Her Blackberry Curve will be not activated. Do I mean that you get American BB to buy Sprint pre-card data sims?

Doesn't matter whether it may be Sprint or AT&T - I am looking for a prepaid (or pay as you go) SIM card to go with the Blackberry so I can use this device to keep in touch with my friends while I am in America.

Sprint do not have SIM.

SIM is for GSM network only.

VZ and Sprint are CDMA network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back