WANTED: Blackberry cellphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

JClarke

AD Veteran
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a blackberry cellphone. If you have a spare one that you want to sell or get rid of, I am looking for a blackberry cellphone device that works with AT&T or Sprint - Not T- mobile because I hate them. (pay as you go only)

The reason behind this is because I need an american cellphone that I can keep where I can use it again, and for my next trip back to the states in December. I am open to offers and I can give an negotiable price for the cellphone. I am also leaving behind my iPhone in Australia when I am in the States.

Feel free to say something here or PM me. This thread will remain open until October, just in case a blackberry comes up - I do not accept eBay suggestions - I have already tried it, they are ridiculous .

Thank you.

This is an update - I may will bring my iPhone, however will remove my SIM card and leave it behind such as I can use the iPhone which plays as a iPod however I am still standing for the look out of an spare Blackberry, remember you all have until October to help me. I must add, no sidekicks please.

This is considered an update bump :bump:

Thanks.

This is an update - I may will bring my iPhone, however will remove my SIM card and leave it behind such as I can use the iPhone which plays as a iPod however I am still standing for the look out of an spare Blackberry, remember you all have until October to help me. I must add, no sidekicks please.

This is considered an update bump :bump:

Thanks.

Maybe you could check out on ebay or ask friends that have a spare Telstra/Three Blackberry Bold 9700 or Bold 9000 that you could borrow. They will work on AT&T network... Plus Telstra Blackberry is unlocked. I dunno if Three Blackberry is unlocked.

Sprint - I think you would need to look for a CDMA blackberry.

Maybe you could check out on ebay or ask friends that have a spare Telstra/Three Blackberry Bold 9700 or Bold 9000 that you could borrow. They will work on AT&T network... Plus Telstra Blackberry is unlocked. I dunno if Three Blackberry is unlocked.

Sprint - I think you would need to look for a CDMA blackberry.
PLease read my original post on my last sentence - I do not accept eBay suggestions. I have a fucked up three blackberry in my desk drawer and it is dead. However, I'll try my best to find a blackberry around here and in the U.S - fat chance I'll find one.

PLease read my original post on my last sentence - I do not accept eBay suggestions. I have a fucked up three blackberry in my desk drawer and it is dead. However, I'll try my best to find a blackberry around here and in the U.S - fat chance I'll find one.

Oops I didn't see the ebay part...

How about this one? BlackBerry Bold 9000 | MobiCity

There's other Next G Blackberry on that site... it will works on AT&T. But I don't know what kind of price range of BB you are looking for.

As for your own Blackberry Bold is dead... are you still on current contract? (not out of 2 years contract on Blackberry) if so, you could take it to three store to get them check out the Blackberry and they could exchange it for another Blackberry Bold 9000.

What'd you do to brick your BB. Can try sending it in for repairs if still under warranty like SG mentioned.

If that's out of the picture, howardforums has a phone marketplace. It's bit cheaper than ebay because they don't have to pay fees. Paypal is generally a standard there though. If you plan to go that route, you might need to build street cred or buy off someone who has a good amount of posts/rep there.

A lot of those are enthusiasts, so most likely you'll be getting the unlocked phone. Be mentioned that it is mostly AS-IS sales unless it has manufacturer warranty.

My blackberry is good as dead and warranty is out. The contract for the blackberry is not due to expire until feb next year and my iPhone is currently over the BB plan, will contact them next month once the iPhone 4G is out so I can kick the BB plan out of the way. The BB is sitting in my desk dresser at work --- as a paper weight.

It doesn't have to be a specific Blackberry 9000 - it can BE any blackberry that works under the specific network I have requested

My cousin may buy Sprint HTC EVO 4G. Her Blackberry Curve will be not activated. Do I mean that you get American BB to buy Sprint pre-card data sims?

My cousin may buy Sprint HTC EVO 4G. Her Blackberry Curve will be not activated. Do I mean that you get American BB to buy Sprint pre-card data sims?
Doesn't matter whether it may be Sprint or AT&T - I am looking for a prepaid (or pay as you go) SIM card to go with the Blackberry so I can use this device to keep in touch with my friends while I am in America.

Can't you just put an ATT pay-as-you-go SIM into your iPhone? Have someone buy you a GoPhone card just before you leave. Why do you need a BlackBerry?

I use ATT GoPhone and get unlimited txting for 20$ a month, nothing else. You can buy data packages as well.

Can't you just put an ATT pay-as-you-go SIM into your iPhone? Have someone buy you a GoPhone card just before you leave. Why do you need a BlackBerry?

I use ATT GoPhone and get unlimited txting for 20$ a month, nothing else. You can buy data packages as well.
Actually, I was told from Chevy57 - that unlocked iPhone I have wouldn't work with AT&T but I doubt it, someone would be more generous to double check that however blackberry would be better off than using my iPhone.

Actually, I was told from Chevy57 - that unlocked iPhone I have wouldn't work with AT&T but I doubt it, someone would be more generous to double check that however blackberry would be better off than using my iPhone.

You are right. Get pre-paid sim card to use Blackberry device. Can use your iPhone in any hotspots area and shut off data roaming and 3G network. Rumor said that Portland s free city-wide WiFi network might be launched. I will ask my sister who lives in Portland about it.

You are right. Get pre-paid sim card to use Blackberry device. Can use your iPhone in any hotspots area and shut off data roaming and 3G network. Rumor said that Portland s free city-wide WiFi network might be launched. I will ask my sister who lives in Portland about it.
It wouldn't hurt if you double checked with them, they might change. however I doubt by the time I would have my unlocked iPhone - I might have the new iPhone 4G :dunno: but I can take it with me and play as a iPod device while I remove my SIM Card and leave it at home in Australia or put it in my wallet to avoid high level costs as last time I did it costs me $485!

I think an standard cellphone will be more than enough for me, to use - all I need is to use to TXT thats all. I had a look at the AT&T website - and I see cheap cellphones under GoPhone which I can just get one from the site and have it as my U.S version contact phone. Saves my money on Blackberry however a second hand blackberry from someone who is willing to give or sell at a reasonable price to me is another option.

It wouldn't hurt if you double checked with them, they might change. however I doubt by the time I would have my unlocked iPhone - I might have the new iPhone 4G :dunno: but I can take it with me and play as a iPod device while I remove my SIM Card and leave it at home in Australia or put it in my wallet to avoid high level costs as last time I did it costs me $485!

I remembered you were very upset to pay it in using GPS and some email messages. I will find out about international data plan sim card for your iPhone 4 (not 4G).

I remembered you were very upset to pay it in using GPS and some email messages. I will find out about international data plan sim card for your iPhone 4 (not 4G).
I wasn't upset but I had no choice to use it for emergency. But I was fortunate enough to pay the bill :)

Eh, no offense, but you're very much wrong, Chevy. If Jake's iPhone is properly jailbroken, he can pop in an already-activated gophone SIM, or any SIM for that matter. You just have to make sure the SIM is activated with a different phone before placing it in the iPhone. Read here: Iphone GoPhone Prepaid Service: Unlimited Text, Internet + 200 Minutes

Jake, no need to buy an extra phone, just have a friend in US buy you a cheap gophone with SIM, activate it, and then mail it to you ahead of your departure date.

Eh, no offense, but you're very much wrong, Chevy. If Jake's iPhone is properly jailbroken, he can pop in an already-activated gophone SIM, or any SIM for that matter. You just have to make sure the SIM is activated with a different phone before placing it in the iPhone. Read here: Iphone GoPhone Prepaid Service: Unlimited Text, Internet + 200 Minutes

Jake, no need to buy an extra phone, just have a friend in US buy you a cheap gophone with SIM, activate it, and then mail it to you ahead of your departure date.
I received a word from SG via facebook - she found some source from whirlpool site and the dude has a similar experience. He was ABLE to put the AT&T goPhone SIM card to an unlocked iPhone, but without telling them that it is for iPhone - it is a cheap trick and it works fine. just that AT&T is being greedy on GoPhone customers.

So in the meantime, I'll see if I can give my iPhone a go, however I am not sure if I would have the phone with me by the time I head back to the states - because I would want to get iPhone 4G --- by the way, my iPhone is not jailbroken - yet it is a unlocked phone, because I purchased it directly from the Apple store in Sydney.

by the way, my iPhone is not jailbroken - yet it is a unlocked phone, because I purchased it directly from the Apple store in Sydney.

Is there a difference?

See, this whole greedy "you can only play by our rules" shit is the very reason why I will never get an iPhone. Fuck Apple, and fuck ATT. You fork out the money for the product and it becomes yours, and if you want to use it with a different carrier or plan, or even shove it up your ass, that's none of their concern.

The HTC Evo with sprint dhh data only plan is looking pretty damn good to me right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back