Want a seperated forum for birthdays and special announcements?

Want a seperated forum for birthdays and special announcements?

• Yes

Votes: 42 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters
Well that must of been long before I even joined when someone asked about it. Remember I only recently joined back in July '06.

The only point I'm trying to get acrossed is at that time in Oct. I was still learning how to use AllDeaf & didn't know at that time how to make a poll & You &/or whoever I asked to make one for me when I requested it through PM. If you would have answered me & many others could have even given you more ideas on how to create this thing with threads like that including death in families/friends, news in families, etc..Not just for Posts, Birthdays, etc..

That was my only disappointment. A simple no would have been fine or I'll think about it, ya know what I mean? Ya answered alot of other threads in that area (Forum Feedback & Suggestions) but not mine. Of course ya did now putting that link on there just recently.. But oh well like it matters anymore.

Still do want you to lock up my thread "Celebrations" Its not really needed anymore & no since it sitting in the "Forum Feedback & Suggestions" then later on resurface after collecting so much dust..

So I'm calm now daddy thank you!!
Me-->>:fart:<<--Alex
Well now I am even better LoL:lol:

Calm down, children, let's not get overly excited here.

If I remember correctly, there was another member who first brought up the idea of seperating special announcements way before JLFW even mentioned it. Back then I turned down the idea because there weren't many special announcements, but since I started noticing more and more of these type of threads these days, I figure I'd reconsider and let my members vote.

:ugh3:

I have a suggestion to make --

What about posting all of those milestones, birthdays, engagement, wedding, death, so and on in the Announcement Forum instead of making a sub-forum?

The Announcement Form is already there and it is meant for these types of announcement. Since AllDeaf already has the Announcement Forum, Why don't we use that forum and make the best of it?

It would be much easier on both of us (The Admin/Moderators and Members) since we can't make every thread go "sticky" for the time being and members would not have to look at every and each forum to see all those sticky threads being there. All those would go in the announcement forum (and it is to be categorized as one forum for all of those announcements to be seen there) to save our time and the hassles.

Just adding my 2 cents in this. ;)

I like your suggestion.

That would be a good idea... certainly would save us a lot of time from having to "Sticky" every birthday thread all the time. ;)

Oh yeah, make sure you also add a note so that people don't abuse it for other reasons.

ANNOUNCEMENT! It's his birthday! (This is acceptable)

ANNOUNCEMENT! My dog died! (This would go under "Pets")

ANNOUNCEMENT! I'm gay! (This would go under "The Closet")

ANNOUNCEMENT! I'm awesome! (This is invalid)

ANNOUNCEMENT! I'm getting married! (This would go under "Marriage")

I like Jolie´s suggestion but I find your suggestion better, too...

May I suggest?

"Announcement" in each section (Pets, Parents, Marriage, The Closet) should stay Sticky. The members can click Sticky "Anouncement" in different sections to make their annoncement...

Birthdays? That´s one what Jolie suggestion... and Alex suggest "Annoncement Member".

What do you think?

I'm sorry but I disagree, I thought we were going to vote on a sub-forum being add in the Announcement Forum for " Celebrations and special announcements " because for one thing, I've noticed there has already been threads created by Alex in the Annoucement forum that are far more important, such as rules and etc, I don't want to see it mixed up along with the other threads....

That's my opinion...

Good point Angel--in the Announcement forum, it's more to do with important details, announcements pertaining to AD and should stay that way. Creating either a sub-forum or entirely new forum for special announcements/celebrations, etc...would be better off placed elsewhere in the Forum.

~RR

Good point Angel--in the Announcement forum, it's more to do with important details, announcements pertaining to AD and should stay that way. Creating either a sub-forum or entirely new forum for special announcements/celebrations, etc...would be better off placed elsewhere in the Forum.

~RR

Right, I agree Roadrunner.....

Yes I´m agree that it would be nice to add new section "celebration"... but I stand my opinion that sticky "Annoncement" should be add in each sections (pets, parents, marriage, etc.) and add new "celebration" in Annoncement Form.

Go for it. As right of now, high % of aders support the idea having separate forum. What re we waiting for ? :afro:

Alex, you mentioned asked me another thread about sub-forum category.

Okay, Let's see..

Example
Birthday/Anniversary and other.. goes in ONE section under sub-forum. Will not going be wasted.. Goes for sticky.

Pets: Proud new/Death announcement includes one merge under one sub forum.. depend sticky or not sticky... unless AD'ers want make it so sticky.. you'll put it up the sticky.

other kind of announcement really not necessary sticky... Depend case!

Much easier and lesser..

Than spread lot of sheets all swarming the mess..

Up to your choice on call!

Umm....I'm sort of confused here, I thought Alex made it clearly that these threads will no longer be sticky, that why he set up a poll to add a sub-forum in the Announcement Forum for " Celebrations and Special announcements " for ALL threads such as : birthdays, anniversaries, congratulations, announcement of engagement and marriage, prayers, death, etc etc ...

And that what I based my voted on....hmm....

That would be a good idea... certainly would save us a lot of time from having to "Sticky" every birthday thread all the time. ;)

Oh yeah, make sure you also add a note so that people don't abuse it for other reasons.

ANNOUNCEMENT! It's his birthday! (This is acceptable)

ANNOUNCEMENT! My dog died! (This would go under "Pets")

ANNOUNCEMENT! I'm gay! (This would go under "The Closet")

ANNOUNCEMENT! I'm awesome! (This is invalid)

ANNOUNCEMENT! I'm getting married! (This would go under "Marriage")

I second that !

The only point I'm trying to get acrossed is at that time in Oct. I was still learning how to use AllDeaf & didn't know at that time how to make a poll & You &/or whoever I asked to make one for me when I requested it through PM. If you would have answered me & many others could have even given you more ideas on how to create this thing with threads like that including death in families/friends, news in families, etc..Not just for Posts, Birthdays, etc..

That was my only disappointment. A simple no would have been fine or I'll think about it, ya know what I mean? Ya answered alot of other threads in that area (Forum Feedback & Suggestions) but not mine. Of course ya did now putting that link on there just recently.. But oh well like it matters anymore.

Still do want you to lock up my thread "Celebrations" Its not really needed anymore & no since it sitting in the "Forum Feedback & Suggestions" then later on resurface after collecting so much dust..

So I'm calm now daddy thank you!!
Me-->>:fart:<<--Alex
Well now I am even better LoL:lol:
I apologize if you felt like I ignored you. I did not mean for you to feel that way. I should have responded to you sooner, so I take responsibility.

Thanks for bringing up the idea of seperating special announcements, and for your continued support of AllDeaf.

I will close the "Celebrations" thread per your request.

See ya around. :)

Just want to add that I will work on the new sub-forum for member announcements after I move AllDeaf to the new server.

Thanks.

Umm....I'm sort of confused here, I thought Alex made it clearly that these threads will no longer be sticky, that why he set up a poll to add a sub-forum in the Announcement Forum for " Celebrations and Special announcements " for ALL threads such as : birthdays, anniversaries, congratulations, announcement of engagement and marriage, prayers, death, etc etc ...

And that what I based my voted on....hmm....

Me too... Lol! ;)

I voted YES,,,,,BTW.. GalaxyAngel I love your sig... it is sooo cute!!!!!

Back