Want a seperated forum for birthdays and special announcements?

Want a seperated forum for birthdays and special announcements?

• Yes

Votes: 42 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters
i like vampy's idea. under celebrations -- seems to make sense...

celebrations

sub forums for birthdays, weddings, newborn, other announcements
whatever u want to name it?? something like that...

It was not even Vampy's idea from the begin it was JLFWildKat, It seems like some members like to take the credit for someone's idea, and JLFWildKat's thread been ignored since Oct of last year. It amazing me that his thread been ignored for all those months until yesterday when someone else brought up the exact same idea as JLFWildKat. :roll: I don't even see any fairness in this forum lately, it's bunch of BS!

Calm down, children, let's not get overly excited here.

If I remember correctly, there was another member who first brought up the idea of seperating special announcements way before JLFW even mentioned it. Back then I turned down the idea because there weren't many special announcements, but since I started noticing more and more of these type of threads these days, I figure I'd reconsider and let my members vote.

:ugh3:

Calm down, children, let's not get overly excited here.:

Why did you even call us children? Does it give you an idea that we have feelings too? Should our feelings count or it doesn't to you, Alex.

That would be a good idea... certainly would save us a lot of time from having to "Sticky" every birthday thread all the time. ;)

Oh yeah, make sure you also add a note so that people don't abuse it for other reasons.

ANNOUNCEMENT! It's his birthday! (This is acceptable)

ANNOUNCEMENT! My dog died! (This would go under "Pets")

ANNOUNCEMENT! I'm gay! (This would go under "The Closet")

ANNOUNCEMENT! I'm awesome! (This is invalid)

ANNOUNCEMENT! I'm getting married! (This would go under "Marriage")
That makes sense a lot of sense. If a member's pet died and he/she wants to announce it, it should be posted in the Pets forum. If someone got married, it should be in the Marriage forum, etc., etc.

Let me say again that I'm not going to create multiple sub-forums, I'm only going to create 1 single sub-forum for celebrations and special announcements, and that sub-forum will be under the "Announcements" forum you see on the front page.

Why did you even call us children? Does it give you an idea that we have feelings too? Should our feelings count or it doesn't to you, Alex.
Because that's how some of you are acting in this thread, isn't that obvious?

It was not even Vampy's idea from the begin it was JLFWildKat, It seems like some members like to take the credit for someone's idea, and JLFWildKat's thread been ignored since Oct of last year. It amazing me that his thread been ignored for all those months until yesterday when someone else brought up the exact same idea as JLFWildKat. :roll: I don't even see any fairness in this forum lately, it's bunch of BS!

whoa cheri, take it easy. we dont read everything we want to read threads. my apologizes.

Alex said:
Let me say again that I'm not going to create multiple sub-forums, I'm only going to create 1 single sub-forum for celebrations and special announcements, and that sub-forum will be under the "Announcements" forum you see on the front page.

Ok, what about those threads that asking for a prayer or if someone passed on?...

Ok, what about those threads that asking for a prayer or if someone passed on?...
I'm sorry but those type of threads will be in the special announcements forum. I'm thinking about naming it "Member Announcements" or something like that.

I have a suggestion to make --

What about posting all of those milestones, birthdays, engagement, wedding, death, so and on in the Announcement Forum instead of making a sub-forum?

The Announcement Form is already there and it is meant for these types of announcement. Since AllDeaf already has the Announcement Forum, Why don't we use that forum and make the best of it?

It would be much easier on both of us (The Admin/Moderators and Members) since we can't make every thread go "sticky" for the time being and members would not have to look at every and each forum to see all those sticky threads being there. All those would go in the announcement forum (and it is to be categorized as one forum for all of those announcements to be seen there) to save our time and the hassles.

Just adding my 2 cents in this. ;)

I'm sorry but those type of threads will be in the special announcements forum. I'm thinking about naming it "Member Announcements" or something like that.

Oh..I like that title! More general that way. :)

What about posting all of those milestones, birthdays, engagement, wedding, death, so and on in the Announcement Forum instead of making a sub-forum?

The Announcement Form is already there and it is meant for these types of announcement. Since AllDeaf already has the Announcement Forum, Why don't we use that forum and make the best of it?

It would be much easier on both of us (The Admin/Moderators and Members) since we can't make every thread go "sticky" for the time being and members would not have to look at every and each forum to see all those sticky threads being there. All those would go in the announcement forum (and it is to be categorized as one forum for all of those announcements to be seen there) to save our time and the hassles.

That sounds like a really good idea.

I like your idea Jolie.. Great idea!!!

That makes sense a lot of sense. If a member's pet died and he/she wants to announce it, it should be posted in the Pets forum. If someone got married, it should be in the Marriage forum, etc., etc.

No ALex. I like the annoucement of pet death or wedding go into annoucement insead of pet or marriage thread. Its much easier. So we can SEE it at the annoucement forum. Separate is waste time!

that i would like that

oh well i guess so hope someone will find it the threads

Hi Jolie. You do realize that if I made the Announcement forum available for all types of announcements, either my important threads there will get lost with other announcements or they will have to remain sticky, right?

Hi Jolie. You do realize that if I made the Announcement forum available for all types of announcements, either my important threads there will get lost with other announcements or they will have to remain sticky, right?

I see where you're coming from, Alex.

If you think a sub-forum in the annoucement forum would be better then I have no complaints either but if all of those announcements are in the Annoucement Forum then you can let it remain 'sticky'.

It just couldn't hurt to try to share some ideas though.

I know you mean good, Jolie, and are trying to come up with a solution, I appreciate that. Let's see how this whole thing turns out. I'm just too tired right now and I'm going to bed. So, good night y'all. ;)

Back