Walmart opens store at school for the deaf.

Wow, that's really neat. Sounds like a training center for future jobs?

do people really need training to learn how to stock shelves, greet customers, clean the floors? :shock: :giggle:

I'm being a little silly, I know training is needed for positions like management, security, inventory tracking, money management, even cashiers need training.

do people really need training to learn how to stock shelves, greet customers, clean the floors? :shock: :giggle:

I'm being a little silly, I know training is needed for positions like management, security, inventory tracking, money management, even cashiers need training.

Yep lol. Training makes practice perfect into the real world. :)

Dixie;1928932 I worked at Walmart for six months said:
I know a deaf dude who works at WM where I shop. I even went to school with him in deaf program classes. He's been there since grand opening and that was 10 yrs ago. He is a janitor during the day time. He takes out trash, clean bathrooms. Fuck that. :lol: He really enjoys workin' there. He doesnt have a family of his own. He worked at Longaberger same time I was there and he got laid off and been with WM ever since. Very nice fella.

. .. He really enjoys workin' there. He doesnt have a family of his own. He worked at Longaberger same time I was there and he got laid off and been with WM ever since. Very nice fella.

The local Walmart hairs alot of people that other places wont .

Maybe they do training for how to run a store so the kids can learn business practices. I hope they will do that, not just train the kids to stock shelves, clean the aisles, and do transcations.

I once applied. There were articles in the paper about how wal marts and other places were begging for workers. I walked in, and some dumbass middle manager looked at me and said " There's no jobs available?!?!?!

I once applied. There were articles in the paper about how wal marts and other places were begging for workers. I walked in, and some dumbass middle manager looked at me and said " There's no jobs available?!?!?!

They had the same BS with me at Walmart too.

But I'm told they also fire a lot of people other places won't as well. I wasn't fired, but I put in my notice of quitting as soon as I found out I got the job at Tyson. I had like a 4 day mini-vacation. LOL. :lol:

This sounds interesting. It would be kinda cool if the local school would set up a mini- school store that sold things that are made right there in the school.
IE - The woodshop class can make birdhouses, the school newspaper can sell copies of the paper there, the graphic design class can sell calendars, the home ec class can sell gym bags, pillows, pot holders, etc. with the school colors/logo. The cheerleaders, band, and senior classes can sell spirit items such as T-shirts, towels, noodles, vevuzulas, etc. as an ongoing year-round fundraiser. It's basically the whole school working together on making the school store successful.

It also gives students an opportunity to have hands-on experience in what makes the economy work as well as how products go from raw materials to a finished product in the consumers hands.

Back