Walmart opens store at school for the deaf.

cool scary guy

Reaction score
I was at SCSDB this morring and it looks like walmart is putting in one of the new mini walmarts on campus.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Wal fart on a school campus?!?!? Where's a valid link for that proposal?

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Alright :)

ok I got the full story.

It's not a real Walmart. It's going to be part of the schools real world tanning center. wall mart just supplied the ,racks, counters , signs , pretty much every thing for the inside and the people to set it up. and so far there's NO Walmart signs in the class.

The "store" is going to have moc receiving , sales floor , warehouse and display design center.

This is how it looks so far its supposed to be finished on Friday.
wal2.jpg

wall.jpg

"It's going to be part of the schools real world tanning center."

What?

I get the impression that Wal-mart opened up a "tanning" center at the deaf school. I assume one of the posters meant training center and that Wal-mart simply supplied some stuff for training.

Training for future jobs at Walmart? Or general sales?

"It's going to be part of the schools real world tanning center."

What?

The school has a career training center. kinda like a tech collage but with classes in ASL. The store is just one part of it ,

Its for "general sales" but not just for sales its every thing to do with retail . from marketing alll the way to retail sales.

Training for future jobs at Walmart? Or general sales?

Dunno. There's not enough info. Most likely general sales or even more likely it's part of a living skill development program at the school aimed at teaching deaf students real world skills.

The school has a career training center. kinda like a tech collage but with classes in ASL. The store is just one part of it ,

Its for "general sales" but not just for sales its every thing to do with retail . from marketing alll the way to retail sales.

Ah thanks.

Just to point out that the local walmart this has a purity good rep for haring "hearing impaired" employees .

I wonder if this training is provided by Walmart that once students complete it, if they will push the students to take jobs at Walmarts in their home neighborhoods. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the goal - getting students employed at Walmart, at least on the Walmart end of things.

I worked at Walmart for six months, I didn't like it. The hours were crazy and my supervisors treated me like a dog at best.

Wirelessly posted

Cool beans. I think that would encourage readers to think it is all right to hire them as long as some to few Deaf needs are needed to be there.

Walmart is not handaling the traning. They are just remodeling the building , and all walmart logos are being removed from the fixtuers.

Also Coke is helpeing now.

Just concept as I saw Barnes & Noble place at college campus. It's pretty neat. NOt only bookstore but several different stores are eager to place for their business to boost from student's money.

Wow, that's really neat. Sounds like a training center for future jobs?

Back