Waardenburg Syndrome

Irish Devil Dog

Reaction score
Have any of you heard Waardenburg Syndrome before??
Explain?? Or how did u know about it or have u see anyone have them?

I do have one since I born.. Many deafies never heard it before... I'll say 95% of deaf people have them and 5% of hearing people have them. I am curious everyone's saying in this thread.. If u never heard it before..
The link u can check out at:
http://www.nidcd.nih.gov/health/hearing/waard.asp

I have W.S. but i dont have the similiar to what you have -- i have Type 1 of W.S. and you have type 2 -- im not sure if u knew there were two different types of W.S.? I have blue and brown eyes, thats about it.

258~ I never knew about this kind of syndrome exist.

Hey, now I'm curious... what color are your eyes to be exact? How about your hair, is it blonde like in your signature?

How do you feel about this Waardenburg Syndrome? I'm not trying to be offensive... but if I am, I'm sorry and please don't bother to answer this if it is not comfortable for you. (I know few people with "Down Syndromes" and I asked them few simple questions and they got offended by these simple questions and I don't mean to do that... I let them go without answering my questions.) That's why I said don't answer if you don't feel comfortable with my question. :D

:lol: its okay -- i dont feel offensed at all because I dont have type 2 -- no offense to people who have type 2 kind.. i only just have blue and brown eyes - u can see my eyes in my signature -- and i dont have blonde hair?> where did u get that silly idea from? lol.. i have brown hair, thats it :) theres nothing for me to FEEL about having W.S. its just all part of natural.. my mom has the same thing.. she has one eye FULL blue and another eye FULL brown... mine is different from my mom... one eye is HALF BLUE, HALF BROWN and another eye is ALL brown with TINY BLUE SPOT on the top, its hard for you to see, i can post a pic of my another eye if you want to see.

Originally posted by ChelEler
258~ I never knew about this kind of syndrome exist.

Hey, now I'm curious... what color are your eyes to be exact? How about your hair, is it blonde like in your signature?

How do you feel about this Waardenburg Syndrome? I'm not trying to be offensive... but if I am, I'm sorry and please don't bother to answer this if it is not comfortable for you. (I know few people with "Down Syndromes" and I asked them few simple questions and they got offended by these simple questions and I don't mean to do that... I let them go without answering my questions.) That's why I said don't answer if you don't feel comfortable with my question. :D

It doesnt even bother me at all. it's nothing to me but juz proud of who I am. My naturally color of hair are blonde, white, brown.. Yeah you noticed I mentioned white which is partly of W.S. Yeah D.S. are big different than W.S... I feel I'm normal as human being tho. Offensive--None taken =).

LOL---:wave: at sheild again!

Originally posted by KeWoOLeE
:lol: its okay -- i dont feel offensed at all because I dont have type 2 -- no offense to people who have type 2 kind.. i only just have blue and brown eyes - u can see my eyes in my signature -- and i dont have blonde hair?> where did u get that silly idea from? lol.. i have brown hair, thats it :) theres nothing for me to FEEL about having W.S. its just all part of natural.. my mom has the same thing.. she has one eye FULL blue and another eye FULL brown... mine is different from my mom... one eye is HALF BLUE, HALF BROWN and another eye is ALL brown with TINY BLUE SPOT on the top, its hard for you to see, i can post a pic of my another eye if you want to see.

Ah, thanks for your answer, however I was asking IDD. :thumb:

Originally posted by Irish Devil Dog
It doesnt even bother me at all. it's nothing to me but juz proud of who I am. My naturally color of hair are blonde, white, brown.. Yeah you noticed I mentioned white which is partly of W.S. Yeah D.S. are big different than W.S... I feel I'm normal as human being tho. Offensive--None taken =).

LOL---:wave: at sheild again!

Cool. :) Your eyes?

By the way my eyes both are navy blue lol. Sorry heh.

Beautiful! :D

I'm curious... do you learn things in normal ways as deaf people learn? I know individuals with DS learn things in more challanged way than most individuals. That's why I wonder if WD affects the brain learning process too.

Chel, look up I already gave an answer for my eyes lol...

Thanks, sheild.. Been here since anyways :D (If off topic.. go to Psst thread, sheild) lol

Originally posted by ChelEler
Beautiful! :D

I'm curious... do you learn things in normal ways as deaf people learn? I know individuals with DS learn things in more challanged way than most individuals. That's why I wonder if WD affects the brain learning process too.

Never mind about my last post.. U posted faster before me lol...
To answer to your qq.. No it doesnt affect brain learning process at all.. I do know what you mean that D.S. does have those but not W.S....

Unless I am behind on this info.. Pls add it up :D

Never mind about my last post.. U posted faster before me lol...
To answer to your qq.. No it doesnt affect brain learning process at all.. I do know what you mean that D.S. does have those but not W.S....

Unless I am behind on this info.. Pls add it up :D

Awesome! Thanks for sharing your experience with me! :thumb:

oopps, sorry cheleler pfffffft

hey irish!! I LOVE YOUR DAFFY SIGNATURE!! i fucking love daffy duck too! i can even draw daffy :)

Originally posted by KeWoOLeE
oopps, sorry cheleler pfffffft

hey irish!! I LOVE YOUR DAFFY SIGNATURE!! i fucking love daffy duck too! i can even draw daffy :)

Haha me too.. I have tattoo of daffy too.. You can check it out in Photos and U'll notice about pireced and tattoos.. If off point go to Introduce and find my user name and ask me ANY qqs :D

No plms your welcome, CHEL :D

Back