• Yes

Votes: 81 59.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 34.6%
  • I dont know

Votes: 8 5.9%

• Total voters
I vote NO.

I promise you, this is not involed with religous since Thomas Jefferson, the third president of US told that religious and govt shouldn't work together.

Here I go..

I felt that gay and lesiban shouldn't took advantage on benefit which reason it seem they want to be marriage. I don't see the point because they CANNOT provide the child(ren) to save cost. I do know that there are some marriage doesn't agree to have children but still, it's always goes first thing for male and female when they will have children to save their cost.

Same sex live together, help each other, and able to save cost. So, why need marriage to save benefit, if they are doing fine?

I'm sorry, if they want to feel so cool to be marriage in tear happy. Think of live together is like marriage experience than rather have actual marriage. It gonna be crazy thing in the world.

Other thing.. I wouldn't like to have kids to look at same-sex marriage and thought it would be okay to have same-sex marriage. That's part of umm... role model ideal that men might tried to explain. Who know? I have my own opinion.

And divroce, I would hate to see same-sex join with normal divorce and put rate go out of roof. More cost for lawyer, probably another big grin, they want money from gay/lesbain, too. I have the lesbian frought to get legal marriage in MA which was succesful. But later, they got divorce in... over year? You gonna to hear that.. .MA already bitter about it. That put more shame to give them big think and wouldn't trust to have legal same-sex marriage in future after both woman said they really mean to love each other want to be marry together forever. Pfffy.

Please, I don't need to have same-sex marriage unless scientific can make same-sex to provide child(ren).

U are saying the only reason for marriage is to produce children? Some straight people get married and have no children by choice so their marriages should be banned too?

Divorce has nothing to do with same sex marriages. If u think divorce is so wrong and costly then nobody should ever get married at all, right?

What do u mean that gay/lesbain people cannot provide the child to save on costs? What about teenagers getting pregnant and quitting school because they want to raise their children? Do they provide more for their children than a gay/lesbain couple who have great careers, a home, and the time as opposed to a teenager working a minimum wage job, maybe more than 1 job, cant afford a comfortable and safe home, and no time for their children due to working so much just to make ends meet?

U are saying the only reason for marriage is to produce children? Some straight people get married and have no children by choice so their marriages should be banned too?

Divorce has nothing to do with same sex marriages. If u think divorce is so wrong and costly then nobody should ever get married at all, right?

What do u mean that gay/lesbain people cannot provide the child to save on costs? What about teenagers getting pregnant and quitting school because they want to raise their children? Do they provide more for their children than a gay/lesbain couple who have great careers, a home, and the time as opposed to a teenager working a minimum wage job, maybe more than 1 job, cant afford a comfortable and safe home, and no time for their children due to working so much just to make ends meet?

meh, I said that in first place. duh.

I take that you haven't hear the news about the ladies from MA and got marriage, but got divorce in RI in over year later. You have no ideal how heavy terrible feedback is like in big news about their divorce that already prove that damage the public for MA.

Teenage have child and able to get either their parents or child support (from dude or dude's parents). Isn't that simple?

I felt that gay and lesiban shouldn't took advantage on benefit which reason it seem they want to be marriage. I don't see the point because they CANNOT provide the child(ren) to save cost. I do know that there are some marriage doesn't agree to have children but still, it's always goes first thing for male and female when they will have children to save their cost.

Ahh the old reproduction, I mean, children arugment.. Ya realize, all lesbians need is a turkey baster? Gay men still have viable sperm, they could go the surrogate birth mother route... or adopt. So that arugment goes out of the window already. But this argument also implies that infertile straight persons should be banned from marrying even if it was going to be "one man one woman". How about straight couples who have no intentions of ever having children? Ohhhh how about if a straight couple gets married.. and they want children BUT they find out one or both of them is infertile. Should they be forcibly divorced because the sole reason for marriage is children?

Nobody likes to say this out loud: this argument also effectively says that marriage is supposed to be a contract to farm out babies, not much different from livestock. Pleasant image eh?

Same sex live together, help each other, and able to save cost. So, why need marriage to save benefit, if they are doing fine?

There's many automatic LEGAL benefits and PROTECTIONS given to married couples NOT given to UNmarried couples. Inheritance, medical emergency, etc. Inheritance for example, if the couple was unmarried, the property by default goes to the BLOOD relatives, not the partner. In a legal marriage the default goes to the PARTNER. That's a huge difference right there and not "oh just to save a few bucks..". Imagine losing your whole house, land, cars, everything to your partner's family even though YOU and your partner owned, paid, worked hard for, lived in. The surving partner's life can be completely ruined by this major personal AND financial loss. For unmarrieds, if their partner got in an car accident and is unconscious, the partner has very little legal power. The family can just show up, kick out the partner if they want to and take complete control of the hospital decisions(and funeral processes too if it goes that way).

So you see theres so much more to it than 'saving costs'.

And divroce, I would hate to see same-sex join with normal divorce and put rate go out of roof. More cost for lawyer, probably another big grin, they want money from gay/lesbain, too. I have the lesbian frought to get legal marriage in MA which was succesful. But later, they got divorce in... over year? You gonna to hear that.. .MA already bitter about it. That put more shame to give them big think and wouldn't trust to have legal same-sex marriage in future after both woman said they really mean to love each other want to be marry together forever. Pfffy.

Sigh.. selective observation. Did you know the national average for STRAIGHT marriages is about 50%. Straight people are making a big mess, all on their own so far, if you must look at it that way. Gay marriage will NOT make the divorce go thru the roof- they are PEOPLE same as everybody else. Some will get divorced, some will not. Simple as that. You're just looking at that ONE lesbian example and yelling oh my what a mess! Same time you are not looking at the straight divorce rate, and you are not thinking of how many are NOT getting divorced.

Actually, in the Netherlands where gay marriage was given full legal recognition a couple years ago. They did a study on it recently to see what if any effects were.. they actually found that it had an postive effect on marriage in Netherlands. Marriage went UP- including STRAIGHT marriages. Read that again: Marriage went UP in general. I don't remember if divorce rates amongst straights changed any.. but they did find that the gay marriage a majority stayed married.

Sooo much for gay marriage "bringing about the downfall of society"....

As for the lawyers drooling or making money or whatever.. if that happens then it is only because of the inequality of the laws across the nation. If there were full, and equal, rights for straights and gays all across the states then it will be nothing exceptional and there shouldn't be anything for lawyers to get particularly excited about.. because it's the same all across except for Mr & Mr or Mrs & Mrs on the divorce papers. Got it?

It's the marriage being illegal or only given the status of civil unions in the various states that lawyers drool over. Civil unions is essentially giving gay marriages 'second class status' & given different legalities. So by creating those and creating inequality lawyers are getting their sweet dreams.

I take that you haven't hear the news about the ladies from MA and got marriage, but got divorce in RI in over year later. You have no ideal how heavy terrible feedback is like in big news about their divorce that already prove that damage the public for MA.

Teenage have child and able to get either their parents or child support (from dude or dude's parents). Isn't that simple?

I dont think u understood my question. U said gay people cant provide for their child by saving costs. I assume u meant that they cant financially raise children, correct? My question was what about those gay couple who have careers, own a home, and time on their hands? They are better qualified to provide for a child than a teenaged parents.

What so? Homosexual are SAME as heterosexual since they can adopt child or not, also doesn't make to save money or whatever.

Of course, Some of my friend are stright and doesn't want have child.

Ahh the old reproduction, I mean, children arugment.. Ya realize, all lesbians need is a turkey baster? Gay men still have viable sperm, they could go the surrogate birth mother route... or adopt. So that arugment goes out of the window already. But this argument also implies that infertile straight persons should be banned from marrying even if it was going to be "one man one woman". How about straight couples who have no intentions of ever having children? Ohhhh how about if a straight couple gets married.. and they want children BUT they find out one or both of them is infertile. Should they be forcibly divorced because the sole reason for marriage is children?

Nobody likes to say this out loud: this argument also effectively says that marriage is supposed to be a contract to farm out babies, not much different from livestock. Pleasant image eh?

Naw, child(ren) are most required to raise by The parents (male and female). That's why single parents are suppose forbidden to raise children. The high chance that children become succesful is raise by both man and woman, not double gender. Balance is nescessary such as good/bad.

There's many automatic LEGAL benefits and PROTECTIONS given to married couples NOT given to UNmarried couples. Inheritance, medical emergency, etc. Inheritance for example, if the couple was unmarried, the property by default goes to the BLOOD relatives, not the partner. In a legal marriage the default goes to the PARTNER. That's a huge difference right there and not "oh just to save a few bucks..". Imagine losing your whole house, land, cars, everything to your partner's family even though YOU and your partner owned, paid, worked hard for, lived in. The surving partner's life can be completely ruined by this major personal AND financial loss. For unmarrieds, if their partner got in an car accident and is unconscious, the partner has very little legal power. The family can just show up, kick out the partner if they want to and take complete control of the hospital decisions(and funeral processes too if it goes that way).

So you see theres so much more to it than 'saving costs'.

Oh! Are you tell us that gay don't know how to make legal with "partner" and decide to get mariage to make their living easy? Ha! There is alternative to sign up legal to share for both two people.

Sigh.. selective observation. Did you know the national average for STRAIGHT marriages is about 50%. Straight people are making a big mess, all on their own so far, if you must look at it that way. Gay marriage will NOT make the divorce go thru the roof- they are PEOPLE same as everybody else. Some will get divorced, some will not. Simple as that. You're just looking at that ONE lesbian example and yelling oh my what a mess! Same time you are not looking at the straight divorce rate, and you are not thinking of how many are NOT getting divorced.

Look at ONE straight example that never been divorced while rest are divorced. Of course, same-sex will always get divorce. It's America you're talk about!

Actually, in the Netherlands where gay marriage was given full legal recognition a couple years ago. They did a study on it recently to see what if any effects were.. they actually found that it had an postive effect on marriage in Netherlands. Marriage went UP- including STRAIGHT marriages. Read that again: Marriage went UP in general. I don't remember if divorce rates amongst straights changed any.. but they did find that the gay marriage a majority stayed married.

Who care? I live in America not in Netherlands!

Sooo much for gay marriage "bringing about the downfall of society"....

As for the lawyers drooling or making money or whatever.. if that happens then it is only because of the inequality of the laws across the nation. If there were full, and equal, rights for straights and gays all across the states then it will be nothing exceptional and there shouldn't be anything for lawyers to get particularly excited about.. because it's the same all across except for Mr & Mr or Mrs & Mrs on the divorce papers. Got it?

It's the marriage being illegal or only given the status of civil unions in the various states that lawyers drool over. Civil unions is essentially giving gay marriages 'second class status' & given different legalities. So by creating those and creating inequality lawyers are getting their sweet dreams.

hmm.. ok.

I don't think you are fully depicting the whole issue concerning this one divorce. You are making a mountain out of a molehole. What's happening is that since this couple got married in Massachusetts, but live in Rhode Island. Now they wanted to get divorced, but cannot because Rhode Island has no laws about same sex marriages, which did not recognise their marriage in the first place.

I think that it is invalid to state a higher rate of divorce amongst same sex couples, because oftentimes many heterosexual couples want to divorce, but stay married for the sake of their children. What is the rate of divorce amongst childless hetero married couples? I am sure it is comparable to that of childless homo married couples.

Here is an interesting read about marriage and divorce rate in Massachusetts two years after the gay marriage was passed. Massachusetts now has one of the lowest divorce rates in the nation.

Talk To Action | Reclaiming Citizenship, History, and Faith

divorce_2004_final.gif

An observation I have made: In the red states, the divorce rates are higher than the usual blue states. I wonder why!

Naw, child(ren) are most required to raise by The parents (male and female). That's why single parents are suppose forbidden to raise children. The high chance that children become succesful is raise by both man and woman, not double gender. Balance is nescessary such as good/bad.

Excuse me! Now, not only u are against gay marriages, u are against single parents too! Oh, if children will be successful when they are raising by both man and woman, why am I successful since I was raised by a single mother??

FYI...I am so happy that my parents got divorced cuz before the divorce my dad was NEVER home and NEVER spent time with us. AFter the divorce, we spent time with my dad every other weekend and it was those weekends that my dad did spend time with us. I have great memories of my dad AFTER the divorce. Nothing of him BEFORE the divorce so if my parents stayed married, I wouldnt know my father at all.

Get this...my half brother (my dad's son with his 2nd wife) has been in jail, drug treatments, and is an alchoholic at the tender sweet age of 18. He was raised in a man and woman-household so why did he come out that way?

That throws your arguement out the window right there.

I don't think you are fully depicting the whole issue concerning this one divorce. You are making a mountain out of a molehole. What's happening is that since this couple got married in Massachusetts, but live in Rhode Island. Now they wanted to get divorced, but cannot because Rhode Island has no laws about same sex marriages, which did not recognise their marriage in the first place.

I think that it is invalid to state a higher rate of divorce amongst same sex couples, because oftentimes many heterosexual couples want to divorce, but stay married for the sake of their children. What is the rate of divorce amongst childless hetero married couples? I am sure it is comparable to that of childless homo married couples.

Here is an interesting read about marriage and divorce rate in Massachusetts two years after the gay marriage was passed. Massachusetts now has one of the lowest divorce rates in the nation.

divorce_2004_final.gif

An observation I have made: In the red states, the divorce rates are higher than the usual blue states. I wonder why!

:gpost:

Excuse me! Now, not only u are against gay marriages, u are against single parents too! Oh, if children will be successful when they are raising by both man and woman, why am I successful since I was raised by a single mother??

You have no idea how single parent would admit and desperate that they DO need husband or wife to be a part of role to support with child(ren). No kidding. It's tough.

FYI...I am so happy that my parents got divorced cuz before the divorce my dad was NEVER home and NEVER spent time with us. AFter the divorce, we spent time with my dad every other weekend and it was those weekends that my dad did spend time with us. I have great memories of my dad AFTER the divorce. Nothing of him BEFORE the divorce so if my parents stayed married, I wouldnt know my father at all.

Get this...my half brother (my dad's son with his 2nd wife) has been in jail, drug treatments, and is an alchoholic at the tender sweet age of 18. He was raised in a man and woman-household so why did he come out that way?

That throws your arguement out the window right there.

It's nice to know of you and I'm sorry what happen to your. That's life when there is error and had to fix their problem.

That's my opinion what I believe what is right and best for future. We fear that gay marriage would ruin institute of marriage. And gay marriage would encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people makes you tall. (notice that gay/lesbian have jump fast within 10 years? I guess you don't)

divorce_2004_final.gif

Meh. This news is 3 years ago!

divorce_2004_final.gif

Yea, that great post... :)

Bible Belt has high percent of divorce, around 50%.

Oh! Are you tell us that gay don't know how to make legal with "partner" and decide to get mariage to make their living easy? Ha! There is alternative to sign up legal to share for both two people.

Sigh.. As I have tried to explain, it isn't that easy really and there is a huge difference between legal marriage and living together but not legally married. There are laws that no matter of "preparedness" a non-married couple can solve because the laws simply aren't there for them.

IT'S NOT EASY. Definitely not as easy as you seem to think it is.

Look at ONE straight example that never been divorced while rest are divorced. Of course, same-sex will always get divorce. It's America you're talk about!

Like I said, you're being extremely selective. I never said gays would never divorce.

Who care? I live in America not in Netherlands!

:roll: Yeah take the easy way out and refuse to think rationally about anything.

:giggle: I love that study. It also showed who has the lowest rate of divorce? Atheists.

One theory for the higher divorce rate amongst conservatives/Fundamentalists is because they get married earlier.. due to preaching of the 'no sex before marriage', the young couples hurry to get married so they can finally have sex. But they find out they don't really like each other or just are incompatible so they divorce later on. The lesson seems to be: Wait before getting married. And if you absolutely must have sex.. go ahead. (do it safely of course! Get educated on proper safe sex!)

You have no idea how single parent would admit and desperate that they DO need husband or wife to be a part of role to support with child(ren). No kidding. It's tough.

It's nice to know of you and I'm sorry what happen to your. That's life when there is error and had to fix their problem.

That's my opinion what I believe what is right and best for future. We fear that gay marriage would ruin institute of marriage. And gay marriage would encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people makes you tall. (notice that gay/lesbian have jump fast within 10 years? I guess you don't)

Yea, like I want to be gay cuz I hang out with my gay friends? That doesnt make sense.:laugh2:

My husband's mother is 6'3 and father is 5'7..guess his dad should have hung around his mom more often so he can be taller. Shame on him!

Oh I DO!!!! Dont tell us that we dont have any idea abt it? We children with single parent knew how they felt, the mothers or the fathers left us for stupid reasons. So we didnt want the mothers or the fathers to be in our life. I went thru with mine. My mother didnt want my father in my life at all. I didnt know till I found out WHY.. so Dont tell us we dont have any idea. YOU DONT KNOW NOTHING. You raised by BOTH parents.

As for the Gay marriage, the most percent is Hetersexual divorce more than gay marriage. Ive seen alot of my friends and strangers have divorce parents. Not a SINGLE gay couple divorced with a child(ren) that I see. You dont know NOTHING.. why dont you research and FIND out for yourself? Dont bash us abt this.

Oh I DO!!!! Dont tell us that we dont have any idea abt it? We children with single parent knew how they felt, the mothers or the fathers left us for stupid reasons. So we didnt want the mothers or the fathers to be in our life. I went thru with mine. My mother didnt want my father in my life at all. I didnt know till I found out WHY.. so Dont tell us we dont have any idea. YOU DONT KNOW NOTHING. You raised by BOTH parents.

As for the Gay marriage, the most percent is Hetersexual divorce more than gay marriage. Ive seen alot of my friends and strangers have divorce parents. Not a SINGLE gay couple divorced with a child(ren) that I see. You dont know NOTHING.. why dont you research and FIND out for yourself? Dont bash us abt this.

How do u know I raise by both parents? Did you nosy one of my chapter in daily book? Hahe

Have I go through experience and research? Answer is yes. I'm just put the general opinion, not specfic by you or the only that group, you thought u know.

I'm not bash it's because you disagree. I'm put the honesty opinion. I'm sorry if you thought I am.

I have questions...

Why does the married couple had children 10 years later and decide to divorce..... She becomes lesbain with kids.

How is that ??

I see nothing wrong with that.... that is just their decide not GOD or YOU. Their prefer act on their own.

Last Saturday, we stand for our friends in wedding. Our friends has 6 kids live with them and want to get married. She has 3 boys on her own by three dads that time she was straight. Her gf has 2 boys and 2 girls on her own marriage with MAN. Now ladies both become ONE.

Their wedding is cute and really simple... at their home. ;)

Back