Vocational Rehabilitation

Fly Free said:
for not doing her work properly and too many complaints from clients

Oh I see. Interesting...

Okay, I have e-mailed him with CC to his supervisor. I hope that works. The supervisor never answered my first e-mail too, so I am not that greatful about him either. I think my counselor will get some balls to respond because someone told me to go up to the office a while back, and he came out and went to his office to talk. Basically, he said a bunch of BS that I don't even remember crap. I think he was just spooked at my precense (is this spelled right?) I didn't think they would act quick and orderly when I showed up lol That was before summer.

Instead of asking for just a job, have you described clearly what kind of a job you want? Have you thought about what jobs you want to do, and in what area you would like to work in? It's better to ask such questions than "broad" questions that leads to nowhere.

Hi, well that's the question. I am not really sure what to do. I asked the counselor if the have people called Job Coach to help you in answering interview questions and open you up to other jobs I have not have thought of. They should have more resources.

VR Update

Well, it's Tuesday Morning, and I think I e-mailed the counselor on Saturday again with a CC to the supervisor. I haven't heard back from him. I am going to try again searching for jobs on my own. I don't want him to get away with this, but who do I complain so that they know what a lousy service he is?

this is a repost, it would be ideal if you added update to your own previous thread.

TiaraPrincess said:
Well, it's Tuesday Morning, and I think I e-mailed the counselor on Saturday again with a CC to the supervisor. I haven't heard back from him. I am going to try again searching for jobs on my own. I don't want him to get away with this, but who do I complain so that they know what a lousy service he is?
Hmm... Saturday? That might delay your responses again. Anyway, keep trying... and keep CCing the emails to your counselor's supervisor. After your 2nd or 3rd try, email your supervisor directly and ask him instead since you aren't hearing from your counselor.

If your counselor is on vacation, he should inform everyone that he will be out of town and who to refer to if he or she has any questions. I'd hate to be sending emails and get replies from his secretary or assistant... or get nothing at all.

Thanks. He replied on Tuesday. He said he was out of town. I was wondering the same. It they are on vacation, they should have those auto-response e-mail on. I guess I should CC every one of my e-mails from now on. Oops, but I didn't do when I responded to confirm my appt. LOL--will try to remember now.

TiaraPrincess said:
Thanks. He replied on Tuesday. He said he was out of town. I was wondering the same. It they are on vacation, they should have those auto-response e-mail on. I guess I should CC every one of my e-mails from now on. Oops, but I didn't do when I responded to confirm my appt. LOL--will try to remember now.

Oh, good. Now are you happy? :D hehe..

TiaraPrincess said:
Am I happy? Well, I am nervous, but I want to know how this stuff work, so I'll see how it is soon.

Oh I see. That's all right. Lol. Smile. :)

Maybe some of them are good, but the one I went to wasn't!

I went to the VR for 1 1/2 years. They wouldn't do anything until I found a job that I could do. So I brought the information to them. Then said that they would pay for equipment, after I did training. I did that and paid for it myself and this involved traveling. Then they wanted me to make calls in the area and in the US to get information on how they were doing. I did that. Then they wanted me make up a business plan and a cash flow plan. I did that. Then they wanted me to go the business and find out everything about the business. I did that, it cost $800 for expenses and I paid $500 for a deposit (which I have lost). Then they couldn't find a SBA person to go through, so I waited for four months. Finally, I got another appointment. The SBA person didn't show up. Another month passed. Another appointment. Then they told me that they won't help me because the SBA would give me a loan. They won't give me a loan, because I don't have a job and because my income is well below living standards! I think they were well aware of my circumstances before I started this! I'm not happy!! I'm in very desperate need of a homebased job that doesn't involve telemarketing or sales or some type of income. If anyone has any suggestions, PLEASE contact me!!!!!!!

You can file complaint against your counselors with his/her area managers. IF that does not work, go and complain with Regional directors. Counselors are powerless if there are numerous complaints. That is how I got one counselor fired.

I did call the VR "boss" and the bosses' boss. Unfortunately, they were very snide and were trying to dismiss me with comments like "Well, we can't get a job for you, you have to do that yourself", etc. So, I fell for the bait and yelled. No response so far. Guess I didn't loose anything anyway.

Does any have anyone have any suggestions for a home based job or business?????? Please no MLM, telephone sales or telemarketing please. I don't need vacations, I don't need a jillion dollars a day, I don't need to drive a shiny new car, I don't have any more money to "invest" or to get "training" - Just about anything that I could do to be able to living on would be good. It's hungry here.

My vp is no longer for me. cuz i have a job. :zzz:

If I can give some input on this issue, its not entirely the VR's responsibility to find you a job. You're expected to meet them at some point, show some progress on the job search on your own. That is what I am currently doing, searching on my own without the aid of my counselor. However I might be one of the lucky ones, got an counselor that is a bit of a hard-arse that very pressed for details that gave me some insight on the process of VR. They expect you to actually show some effort on the job search, they are also responsible for more than several cases so their workloads might be a lot. My counselor had a load of almost 200 students.

Just get out there and look for something that interests you and don't depend on VR for everything.

Also, if you get a job, VR can provide you work clothes, gas money, and 100 hours of interpreter service. I know the policy and what they can do.

But, the truth, I never got any of those. I simply updated my resume daily and applied over 10k jobs that I can think of. Then I showed them that I can do without any "accomdations" because I am THAT GOOD.

The VR doesn't do shit for me or you, in fact. You have to do it yourself.

Where do you get such policy? My counselor previously told me that the policy vary depending on each person.

Yes, I know that they expect you to show your effort in searching for a job. It's just difficult to get them to help you the way you want them to.

no such thing as free bread.... and if you're complaining that it's taking too long to find a job.. well it's because there are 10000000 other people in same situation as you. it sucks oh well.

Also, if you get a job, VR can provide you work clothes, gas money, and 100 hours of interpreter service. I know the policy and what they can do.

But, the truth, I never got any of those. I simply updated my resume daily and applied over 10k jobs that I can think of. Then I showed them that I can do without any "accomdations" because I am THAT GOOD.

The VR doesn't do shit for me or you, in fact. You have to do it yourself.

What's wrong with doing it yourself?

One of the goals that VR teaches individuals with diabilities is self-empowerment.

Back