Violent "sonic bomb" alarm clock bed shaker.

miles11we

Reaction score
I have an alarm clock that has a "bed shaker" that is just a large vibrating puck you put under your mattress. (i am very very hard to wake up but with the bed shaker thing going i wake up pretty fast and im not too annoyed by it after i wake) i was actually very surprised by how violent it vibrated, the puck would bounce around my table wen i was testing it out. it does have a regular audio alarm that supposedly gets extremely annoying and loud very quick, but you can turn that function off wile still having the bed shaker work. i found it on thinkgeek.com, im sure u can find it elsewhere

ThinkGeek :: Sonic Bomb Alarm Clock with Bed Shaker

:lol:

I consider all alarm clocks that interupts my deep slumber to tell me get up for work. To be violent!!

I always torture myself by hitting that snooze button....just to get that same violent awaking again and again til I just give up!

:giggle:

I was having serious problem while getting up from the bed once I have slept then I thought to give a try to this Sonic Boom alarm clock. It sounds like an M-80 going off and also has a vibrating pad that you put under your pillow. Great clock and no more problems now.

I have one. Far better than the one with strobe light. The strobe light usually put me in a cranky mood.

same my alarm clock really bother me. I am patient learn annoy sometimes. hearing doorbell belong my alarm door. I am surprised Great

......................it does have a regular audio alarm that supposedly gets extremely annoying and loud very quick,........................
When you are as deaf as a brick you really don't need the audio function. It is the shaker that you would gain benefit from.

I have same bed shaker that got in 2007 after old bed shaker with light strobe broken.

Wirelessly posted

I occasionally hook up the alarm function of my stereo to a bass amp. It will play a custom disc that pumps out LOW octave soound at F# from the cab, I feel it in my gut and wake up in a rockin'' mood! LOL (Very similar to the bass line to Symphony of Destruction, only heavier!)

I need one that is a catapult. One that will catapult me into my clothes and right in my breakfast dining room chair.

Maybe I should invent one ..... :hmm:

Nah ... liability issues.

Wirelessly posted

Head for Barksdale Air Force Base and make a procurement request for a couple of B-61s.

Last edited:
I have an alarm clock that has a "bed shaker" that is just a large vibrating puck you put under your mattress. (i am very very hard to wake up but with the bed shaker thing going i wake up pretty fast and im not too annoyed by it after i wake) i was actually very surprised by how violent it vibrated, the puck would bounce around my table wen i was testing it out. it does have a regular audio alarm that supposedly gets extremely annoying and loud very quick, but you can turn that function off wile still having the bed shaker work. i found it on thinkgeek.com, im sure u can find it elsewhere

ThinkGeek :: Sonic Bomb Alarm Clock with Bed Shaker

You reminded me of my roomate who had homebuilt bed vibrator, it's pretty violent because it uses washing machine motor mounted on narrow wooden plywood board. His bed is on floor. the motor is at head of the bed with board underneath it. He's heavy sleeper. I can feel vibration on my waterbed from two rooms away (my bedroom, bathroom then his bedroom). I got annoyed and I had to get up and walk across the hall and in his bedroom and kicked him (not hard but I wish I could). he woke up dazed and realizing the violent bed vibrator was running.

I was thinking about getting one but I don't want to annoy my wife. So Sonic Alert Travelling alarm clock (white puck like clock) is good enuf for me.

Catty

I had a Sonic Boom alarm clock. The shaker broke twice within three months of getting it. Thankfully I'm getting a replacement from another brand.

oh yeah that kind of clock with that wacko disk.. man that one was enough to piss me off when I woke up... really spooky enough that disk is... geez..... but it is worth it if I am lazy to wake up after a long sleep.. lol

oh yeah that kind of clock with that wacko disk.. man that one was enough to piss me off when I woke up... really spooky enough that disk is... geez..... but it is worth it if I am lazy to wake up after a long sleep.. lol

you are a sleepy head?:giggle:

I've had my Sonic Boom Alarm Clock for ... 15years now and it still works fantastic! Now Sonic Alert makes many different kinds of Sonic Boom alarm clock - some have very big numbers, are "cute" for young kids, are "high tech" looking etc. Also they have a pitch and volume adjustment for those who are Hoh (or have hearing SO) as well as the "shaker" and a plug for a light to make a flasher/visual signaller - all these things make it perfect for everyone including Deaf, Hoh and hearing that are very very heavy sleepers!

Sonic Boom is from Sonic Alert (make lots of different visual signallers for doorbell, phone, baby cry, computer etc - very cool!!)

I like that my Sonic Boom alarm clock works with all my other Sonic Alert signallers - so if the doorbell rings and I'm in bed, the Sonic Boom will Shake, flash lights or both, whatever I want :)

My sonic boom is one of the most important Hoh things I own !!
I'm profound +120db deaf on my right, & have mild/mod hearing loss on my left. Usually I sleep so that my right ear is up which means that I am totally deaf then. Without the sonic boom there would be no way I would be able to independently get up at a specific time for work, school,nap etc. Also it means I can relax because I know that if the doorbell or phone rings at night while I am asleep that my Sonic Boom will let me know :)

I'd actually probably benefit from getting one of these. I'm hearing, but even with 2 cell phones that vibrate and play loud alarms under my pillow and my regular alarm clock next to my head, I STILL don't wake up!

Back