Video phones cause stage fright?

I had a little stage fright on VP100 years ago and it was awkward to use for the first few times. I didn't know what to start with after calling VP Operator. It had to do with video timing delay (It was pretty bad at that time) and I was kinda rusty on ASL.

I'm used to VP now.. I made sure that I have enough lighting for deafie to see me on other end of line on VP. It's annoying when you are dealing with video timing delay when you talk to friend and watch them respond to you in 5 seconds that still causing awkward communication.. Sometime it was funny when you say one thing then switch to another in last minute before you stop and watch them nod then shake head at the last. :rofl:

There are deafie out there still nervous about VP camera when it's not in use. They cover it with cloth, len cap or object so they can feel better walking around. I have few friends who are like that and they hate the feeling that they're being watched while it's not in use. I told them VP200 and other VP products are better now. I recalled VP100 had a flaw (programmer's goof) that they left "answer automatically when incoming calls." I recalled that I left it set on VP100 and later forgotten that it was still set that way and I was watching TV with my sons. I had a feeling that my friend was trying to call me (it had been quiet for some time that I normally get lot of VP calls) and I checked, sure enough my friend was laughing and waving at me. He asked me why I set it that way. I told him that I did left a note with "John Hancock" writing and taped it to back of the chair facing VP100 so friend can call and see my message while I'm gone and forgotten about it.

That explain that some deafie are paranoid about VP because they heard a rumor that someone caught other walking around naked through VP100. :eek2:

Now we have Video Messaging and it is so much better!!

Catty

Back