Video phones cause stage fright?

jinxedkitten

Reaction score
This is not really a technical difficulty with video phones so I'm not sure where to post this thread ;)

This is going to be silly, so if you laugh... I shall be forced to use a mousetrap on your most cherished finger! (The one used to pick your nose with? :hmm:)

Ahem, I was just wondering if some deafies avoid video phones?

I find myself putting away the VP for dust to settle upon it, why? I think I'm just too shy! Argh, how frustrating. I wish I didn't care about who was on the other end of the screen but I do :( Does anyone have a similar problem?

I do. I use Skype only and only to my immediate family. The left side of my face has partial paralysis from an illness I had, and it does move oddly, and look a bit different even when I don't sign or speak.

So there is at least one more here.

I am getting better at it with the stage fright. Part of the reason why is that I have low opinion of my signing skills, even though people say otherwise...

Yay, Bott... we're peas in a pod ;)

Souggy, that is another reason. I hang out with the hearing too much and I am rusty with my sign language, I must change that soon!

Am a VP user and not afraid of it, which it helps improve my ASL Skills! ;)

My only two Deaf friends (not virtual) were in town today. I am so rusty I felt like level one. sniff...

Yes, I get a bit odd about the vp. Bad hair, no makeup, wrong glasses, stupid shirt, lack of asl confidence, you can mix or match. I will often use i711 rather than hovrs so I can hide in the type.

My only two Deaf friends (not virtual) were in town today. I am so rusty I felt like level one. sniff...

Yes, I get a bit odd about the vp. Bad hair, no makeup, wrong glasses, stupid shirt, lack of asl confidence, you can mix or match. I will often use i711 rather than hovrs so I can hide in the type.

Haha, exactly. I often have to check myself on the vp before I dial, make sure my hair looks tidy and there's no visible bra laying in the background :shock:

Haha, exactly. I often have to check myself on the vp before I dial, make sure my hair looks tidy and there's no visible bra laying in the background :shock:

Buy a hat. It's what I do.

Fedora, pork-pie, flat cap, Fisherman's cap... take your pick.

Buy a hat. It's what I do.

Fedora, pork-pie, flat cap, Fisherman's cap... take your pick.

I actually have a green corduroy, pork-pie hat from the 1950's that I bought in a thrift shop.

I also have a sock monkey hat.

I don't think wearing either one would make me want to talk on VP to anybody but my family.

I actually have a green corduroy, pork-pie hat from the 1950's that I bought in a thrift shop.

I also have a sock monkey hat.

I don't think wearing either one would make me want to talk on VP to anybody but my family.

That it won't, but it does get me over the anxiety of hiding my messy hair.

I like your hat pic, Souggy, maybe you could loan her one?

Are you a male or female?

If you're a fella, pfft... it's only expected for you to have poofy hair :cool2:

Haha. I just have been mocked and teased because of my "afro hair" or comments like "get a damn haircut." I like it, but I don't like being made fun of.

Haha. I just have been mocked and teased because of my "afro hair" or comments like "get a damn haircut." I like it, but I don't like being made fun of.

Aw, no insults on my part :) your hair is welcome in my off-topic thread! :wave:

So... beside having underwear being caught in a hurricane, feeling inept with one's ASL skills and bad hair-- why else you don't use a VP?

Hm, I think you named it all :roll:

Oh yes, here's another reason. I don't have a single soul to VP, quite pathetic actually. My friends are hearing and use cell phones, but I gave my phone back to my ex so pfftt... (wipes off shoulder) don't need an excuse for him to pester me ;)

P.S. I could VP my poor sissy, but we're too busy traumatizing each other on FB ;)

Back