Video phone

Shoshana

Reaction score
Years ago I had a VP from Sorenson--from packing and moving it broke and not sure where my mom has it--nor does she.

I live on my own now and after awhile it bothers my boyfriend to place my calls for me.

ANYWAYS--I am looking for a new VP. I would like something portable since I am in college, and I travel a lot.

The only two portable ones I am aware of is the PURPLE Mobile video and the VPAD.

Does anyone have experiences with these?

Also how would I go about buying one?

I applied for one, but know they gave out many free and wait list is long for free one so I rather save money and buy outright soon.

:ty:

if you have a laptop with a webcam, you can use convo (and its free)!

I would think that a cell phone that has video calling capabilities would be a good option as well...

I would think that a cell phone that has video calling capabilities would be a good option as well...

Unfortunatly I have a tmobile blackberry and stuck with contract with tmobile for another year--which means no phone with video calling until after that.

I have a relay Service on my laptop, P3, its great but my computer is on its way out :/ I am trying to save for a new computer--screen turns green and flickers sometimes, cant hold a charge and the charger is finky--the webcam lags too.

I emailed the company that makes the VPAD, no reply so I had my mom call the company, she said it went to voice mail and the mailbox was full...so dosent sound like good service at all. It sinks since college is around the corner!

Unfortunatly I have a tmobile blackberry and stuck with contract with tmobile for another year--which means no phone with video calling until after that.

I have a relay Service on my laptop, P3, its great but my computer is on its way out :/ I am trying to save for a new computer--screen turns green and flickers sometimes, cant hold a charge and the charger is finky--the webcam lags too.

I emailed the company that makes the VPAD, no reply so I had my mom call the company, she said it went to voice mail and the mailbox was full...so dosent sound like good service at all. It sinks since college is around the corner!

Can't your parents supply you with a laptop?

The company who made the VPAD is out of business. Terrible company.

If you can spare $300, I can find you a good laptop with webcam, brand new.

I still use relay service through online on my computer or laptop. LOL I manage to avoid using the video phone for now. :D

Can't your parents supply you with a laptop?

I wish...I am oldest of 3, My sisters are spoiled--dad has full custody, right now is hard because he owns his own business but is going slow right now. I Love my Dad (he had a liver transplant last year that saved his life) I dont want to add more stress so try to take care of it my own...Plus he pays for my rent and school so I try to do my part you know? :aw:

Years ago I had a VP from Sorenson--from packing and moving it broke and not sure where my mom has it--nor does she.

I live on my own now and after awhile it bothers my boyfriend to place my calls for me.

ANYWAYS--I am looking for a new VP. I would like something portable since I am in college, and I travel a lot.

The only two portable ones I am aware of is the PURPLE Mobile video and the VPAD.

I applied for one, but know they gave out many free and wait list is long for free one so I rather save money and buy outright soon.

It is not a video phone and I don't know what Florida does but Illinois issues equipment including a TTY with just certification from an audi or doctor. There might be less of a waiting list for that and would get you by in the mean time. Found this page FTRI - Home by going through ITAC (the agency in Illinois) which then linked to sites for other states.

The company who made the VPAD is out of business. Terrible company.

If you can spare $300, I can find you a good laptop with webcam, brand new.

WOW thanks for telling me this! I saw some online ebay for pretty cheap (not the VPAD but the other one--for about $50! would they not work?

I am interested! What brand laptop? why selling?

WOW thanks for telling me this! I saw some online ebay for pretty cheap (not the VPAD but the other one--for about $50! would they not work?

I am interested! What brand laptop? why selling?

Toshibas - they always have sales on them at $299.

If you want offer emails just ask. I get them every week.

Toshibas - they always have sales on them at $299.

IF you want offer emails, I get them every week.

This is great deal!

My dad told me about an hour ago that he has a Mac Book 12 just sitting there, in new condition, nothing wrong that he be willing to give me! Ive NEVER owned anything apple in my life! I know is very different from other computers Ive used (dell, HP, Toshiba) so ill have to learn how to use it, no problem. Excited!

If some reason he change his mind I will let you know for sure! Thank You so much Post from Hell!!

Does Apple have any relay services special or would I have to download one from online?

Also anyone know about the PURPLE MOBILE Video phone? I saw few on ebay for sale good price! feedback?:ty:

This is great deal!

My dad told me about an hour ago that he has a Mac Book 12 just sitting there, in new condition, nothing wrong that he be willing to give me! Ive NEVER owned anything apple in my life! I know is very different from other computers Ive used (dell, HP, Toshiba) so ill have to learn how to use it, no problem. Excited!

If some reason he change his mind I will let you know for sure! Thank You so much Post from Hell!!

Does Apple have any relay services special or would I have to download one from online?

Also anyone know about the PURPLE MOBILE Video phone? I saw few on ebay for sale good price! feedback?:ty:

Convo Relay from my knowledge is the only relay service out of all others that has a mac program for video calls.

:)

Hello there!,

Purple MVP no more in the stock, if you own mac or pc with a webcam you can download the P3 at Purple Communication website.

P3 system requirements;
PC: XP and above
Mac: OS X version 10.6.7 or above.

Back