Vick to serve 10-12 months in prison

...It's biggest wrong to have dogfighting, it has NOTHING with races.
That's right. The biggest local arrests for dogfighting in South Carolina were white men.

"...Tant, of Charleston, emerged as a brutal local figure in 2004 when he was arrested and ultimately pleaded guilty to 41 criminal counts of dogfighting. He was sentenced to 40 years in prison, one of the longest convictions for dogfighting in U.S. history. He had grown to become one of the world’s most successful breeders of ferocious pit bulls."
Charleston.net

"...Phillip Michael Maffei could spend the next three years in a South Carolina prison after a jury convicted him Thursday of felony dogfighting and animal torture charges.

Circuit Judge George James Jr. sentenced Maffei to five years in prison and a $5,000 fine on each charge, to be served concurrently. The Walterboro man is expected to spend three years in prison with the balance suspended and three years on probation on his release. The sentence came an hour after a jury of 11 women and one man found Maffei guilty."
Charleston.net

I think Vick should come up here and go to work in the chicken plant upon his release find out what REAL work is!! Make him earn his keep.

Even though he is in the millions in debt right now, he will likely sell every possession he has to pay off his financial obligations.

I hope when he gets out no NFL franchise will want anything to do with him, he's bad PR.

I hope he gets to live in a shitty apartment for the rest of his life and realize that unlike him many people have to work for a full day just to earn the gas to work and one meal.

If I were a part of the "rehabilitation team" then I would tell Vick to auction off EVERYTHING except one small house and one vehicle and cut his wardrobe to 1/4 of what he has now- and only 2 pairs of shoes. Every penny of the auction should first and foremost go to paying fines and leftover legal bills and repaying the falcons, and whatever is left is to be donated to an animal shelter. He doesnt get to keep a DIME of the money. And oh yeah - no cell phone or pagers either. Now he has to go down to the unemployment office and go through filling out applications for shit-ass wal-fart jobs, start right back from the bottom then work your way back up. He's got to EARN every ounce of respect that he wants and needs back and it starts with some elbow grease.

If he wants to play football - he can join a city-league but thats going to be hard in Atlanta.

And oh yeah dont forget - a lifetime ban on owning animals of anykind or being near animals, kennels, or other animal holding facility.

i read the newspaper yesterday that actress whoopi goldberg is going to defend vick. god why!

Back