Vibrating under the bed,

I also have this traveler clock. It's battery-powered and it works pretty nice when i travel.

That works pretty well for me. I use it for when I'm not at home. I don't sleep with a pillow, so I stick it under the mattress. It's a bit more work when I get up to turn off the thing, but it certainly gets me up and going in the morning without reaching for the snooze.

I have a Sonic Alarm. Kind of expensive but the quality rocks, mine is about 5 years old and still works like new.

Ah Sonic Alarm clocks, they're the bane of my life!

I've had the traveller clock - shakeawake alarm clock (UK product) - excellent clock except I've broken 5 of them so far in the last 20 years cos everytime it goes off - I automatically think 'earthquake!' and jump out of bed pronto and slither underneath the bed only to find out it was that blasted clock vibrating away. :Oops:

Inadvertently I taught myself to promptly find the alarm clock first thing it goes off in the morning and throw it across the room - thus breaking it. I've tried it under the mattress and somehow semi asleep I manage to find it and throw it or break it.:shock:

I've managed to wean off myself from this destructive habit cos it was costing me time and money.

Now I wake up at 5am just before the alarm goes off and turn it off before it activates - Works a treat! :roll:

Inadvertently I taught myself to promptly find the alarm clock first thing it goes off in the morning and throw it across the room - thus breaking it. I've tried it under the mattress and somehow semi asleep I manage to find it and throw it or break it.:shock:

Now I wake up at 5am just before the alarm goes off and turn it off before it activates - Works a treat! :roll:
:laugh2: When I was in college, I would, in my sleep, disassemble the alarm clock when it went off. Once I caught on to my subconscious, I moved the alarm clock under the bed, and away from an arm's reach. It worked until my subconscious got the better of my conscious mind again by learning to move the bed from the wall just enough one night, and disassembled it one-handed. I finally put it somewhere where I'd have to get UP and turn it off.

I've also developed the habit of waking up just prior to the alarm going off. Well, it works, but I wish I could sleep in.

Ah Sonic Alarm clocks, they're the bane of my life!

I've had the traveller clock - shakeawake alarm clock (UK product) - excellent clock except I've broken 5 of them so far in the last 20 years cos everytime it goes off - I automatically think 'earthquake!' and jump out of bed pronto and slither underneath the bed only to find out it was that blasted clock vibrating away. :Oops:

I've managed to wean off myself from this destructive habit cos it was costing me time and money.

earthquake? in London? :scratch:

I had one of those bed vibrators, but my wife keeps borrowing it and she never returns it.

When travelling, we use our Blackberry Curve pagers if necessary.

Back