Vertigo..

MsGiglz

Reaction score
(please move or merge if same post)

Do you have experience the vertigo?

I do.. it drive me crazy.. i had it 24/7 :( even meds are still trying to work it..

No, but my 86-year-old grandmother has it. Whenever she would turn her head around to look other way, she would lose her balances and pass out.

I am still doing some research to find answers to see what could be done to make it disappear/go away. Right now she is doing some in-home therapy.

I admit I am still uneducated about vertigo.

I still have that vertigo for over 20 years. I already explained this in your another thread. ;)

If you have it everyday.. or for long time..

I cant stand.. i have kids here with me.. its so hard to concreate or try to give them attention .. everytime i move my head.. i get real dizzy..

I am taking meds.. meclizine.. its been 3 days.. its not really better yet.. it was like 85% before.. now more like 45%.. still take easy..

are you guys able to drive with that? I drove but scared.. I know its not safe tho.

Reply to posts: Brian-- Yes, its been 2nd time I passed out or feel whoosh pressure then passed out.. or.. my eyes went spinning in circle (like drunk).. i passed out and vomit.. or mild spinning .. I get really get sick in tummy.. but rining in my ears high or low.. its been crazy.. i had them low for while then getting wrose last 2 years (just ring in ears) then last April got reallly worse.. spinning and stuff..

Tweetybird.. if you have them in all your life.. how can you tolerance with that? I cant stand it.. i want it stop.. I will not give up see dr about it.. cuz i want my mind clear.. and feel better so i can get along with kids or go out with kids..

Veritgo :rl:

I feel your pain because I've been there twice, severely just like you're having. It has started 8 years ago. I moved my head down too quick then all of a sudden the room was spinning for 3 hours straight. Even with my eyes moving side ways quickly and I threw up from that. I was scared shytless! So, I took benedryal which contains antihistamine and that helped to get rid of fluids in my ears. After awhile I learned to deal with my veritgo like anytime I feel "floating" in my ears and/or woozy in my head then I know when NOT to turn quick. Also, I take sudafed or claritin to clear it up. Oh yes, driving is very hard when you have it. I had to pull over once to keep from my head spinning because once it spins it stays spinning for hours. Fk that! I think with my case it's allergies. My brother has a experience with vertigo last year for the first time in 44 years. I've had it for 8 years now. I hope with the help of medication you'll feel better again. Hang in there!

Catmandu.. Umm..

those meds you just mentioned.. i have in handy.. I will try.. but i will take before i go bed..

but..

I find this interesting.. ALOT. i mean ALOT. of my deaf friends who have them..... Ages 30-50.. have vertigo.. still struggling.. Um.. I find it interesting why? cuz that birth year.. german measles.. or rubella .. whatever..
I wonder.. and WONDER if it related to it.. I would like to have it check and investigate more.. Umm..

sighs. (still struggling)

Sorry guys, i didnt come back sooner..

I couldnt get on computer or anything. been in bed rest or couch.. try not to get my eyes movements or room spinning.. its really sucks..

by the way.. Catmandu........ you mentioned those meds.. I went to Pharmacy store that i feel its safe to discuss what meds which NOT to mix with my meds.. Meclizine..

Pharmacist said.. If you are still taking meclizine.. and dont take meds which contains antihistamine or Pseudoephedrine ... it could kill you.. or end up bad.. so I took just Non drowsy-- sudafed ..

So, i asked him that if i stop taking medclizine.. how long should i wait till to take those which contains antihistamine? he said 24 hours.. no less..

ughh.. I told him that Meclizine isnt working for me.. he said dont take then.. call your dr..
sighs..

still having the same dizzy and ringing.. almost passed out few times and feeling vomit few times.. but i took myself to bed and go sleep or lay down.. cant be bothered.. :( kids are worried.. sigh but they have been so busy to keep company by my grandparents or cousins.

I had veritgo once...dr told me to take dramaine that for carsick pills... so i did...vertigo never returns...

I had veritgo once...dr told me to take dramaine that for carsick pills... so i did...vertigo never returns...

Wow... are you sure that dramaine will work ? I've been hopin' that one day my vertigo will gooo away. It ain't noo fun to have vertigo... it interrupted my daily activities sometimes, especially when I go to S L E E P.

Wow... are you sure that dramaine will work ? I've been hopin' that one day my vertigo will gooo away. It ain't noo fun to have vertigo... it interrupted my daily activities sometimes, especially when I go to S L E E P.

It wont hurt you to try it.. it is over the counter in drug store... it is cheaper...It worked for me....it never returns....

Sorry guys, i didnt come back sooner..

I couldnt get on computer or anything. been in bed rest or couch.. try not to get my eyes movements or room spinning.. its really sucks..

I'm so sorry that you are still dealing with that. :( That was pretty much what I did, sit or lay down until it goes away, but be very careful when you get up. Hang in there.

by the way.. Catmandu........ you mentioned those meds.. I went to Pharmacy store that i feel its safe to discuss what meds which NOT to mix with my meds.. Meclizine..

You did the right thing by asking the pharmacist for your own safety.

Pharmacist said.. If you are still taking meclizine.. and dont take meds which contains antihistamine or Pseudoephedrine ... it could kill you.. or end up bad.. so I took just Non drowsy-- sudafed ..

I looked up meclizine on google and I recalled that you've been vomiting so is that what its for? I see this medicine also contains antihistamine.

So, i asked him that if i stop taking medclizine.. how long should i wait till to take those which contains antihistamine? he said 24 hours.. no less..

ughh.. I told him that Meclizine isnt working for me.. he said dont take then.. call your dr..
sighs..

still having the same dizzy and ringing.. almost passed out few times and feeling vomit few times.. but i took myself to bed and go sleep or lay down.. cant be bothered.. :( kids are worried.. sigh but they have been so busy to keep company by my grandparents or cousins.

Okay then call the doctor and find out what he says. You can't be like this too long because it affects you and your family. Thank goodness for your families to take care of your kids.

I have this constant ringing in my right ear for a month now and it is bothering me a lot now. I'm due for physical next month and if this continue I'm going to mention this to my doctor. I can't stand it. It seems like it happens every time I eat. Strange. *shrug*

Keep us posted okay?? *HUGS*

Catmandu-- thank you ! huggs.

I have been deep reading.. over websites .. trying to find out how or theres way to rid of it.. I mean go away for a week and it will attack for few days till i get take care of.. instead of having 24/7.. its really crazy.. sometimes... I just want take gun to my head.. I dont want that..

but.. there are interesting websites..
MedlinePlus: Dizziness and Vertigo

Slide show: Canalith repositioning procedure - MayoClinic.com "Adjusting head position to relieve vertigo"

dang.. keep your head upright for 48 hours even as you sleep... lol

I tried to find website.. I lost it.. it says try to change eatting habits.. so I am starting excerise (slow pace).. and changing eat.. just picked up basic diet daily pattern..
Since I gained pretty much weights after I stopped smoking.. So I thought I am going to fight my negativity vibes and spirits same time dieting and excerising. :)

sighs.. still trying to read to find something interesting.. there are MANY different ways about it.. even there are surgery for it too.. yikes.. LOL

:)

I get it about once every two months. I use over the counter sea sickness medicine now cause it's cheaper and I can keep a fresh bottle in my medicine cabinet without worry. The medication just helps with the nausea so that you can hold off until your middle ear can adjust your balance again. There is no cure-yet.

Thanks MsGiglz for the information. If you ever find that 'eating habit' site please post it here right away otherwise you'll lose it again. :giggle: Yes, I heard about the surgery. Basically putting the "rocks" together. I know how funny that sounds, but that's how. My brother fell on the back of his head on ice during ski trip 2 years ago and the "rocks" in his ears were all over the place and it caused him to have vertigo. I don't think he had the surgery. Just letting the nature take its course, but it took AWHILE.

I almost always get vertigo when I play video games or computer games. Dunno why, but it is annoying, I can't play games for that reason. :(

Wow... interesting..

So far.. 3 days, my eatting pattern changed.. just very basic diet.. like I picked up from my man's diabetic eatting pattern daily.. that go by grams.. and protions limited.. and drank alot of water.. of course i cant resist diet pop.. so i drink 1/2 can at noon .. and 1/2 later evening.. to satisfy my needs than gone cold turkey..

exercise everyday.. morning 15 min.. evening 30 min..
I am glad we living this area.. but at first i was doing slow pace walk.. few days. then do regular walk.. there are long hill and down..

i have lost weights already so i dont want drop fast.. so i just take it easy.. :)

It wont hurt you to try it.. it is over the counter in drug store... it is cheaper...It worked for me....it never returns....

Thanks ! I will try and see, if it works for me... :)

(please move or merge if same post) Do you have experience the vertigo? I do.. it drive me crazy.. i had it 24/7 :( even meds are still trying to work it..

I explained about my experience. It was reallly awful !!! It called " Labrynthitis "

Read this link what I did explain. Also, the medication is very helpful but it makes you sleepy.

http://www.alldeaf.com/topic-debates/7843-does-your-labrynthitis-symptoms-simular-my-condition.html

Hope, the information is helpful for you. Get well soon !

Labyrinthitis

I explained about my experience. It was reallly awful !!! It called " Labrynthitis "

Read this link what I did explain. Also, the medication is very helpful but it makes you sleepy.

http://www.alldeaf.com/topic-debates/7843-does-your-labrynthitis-symptoms-simular-my-condition.html

Hope, the information is helpful for you. Get well soon !

Labyrinthitis

Thank you!!.. whoa.. your thread sound like what i went through..
still working on with ENT.. the meclizine isnt working..

I am afraid to try other meds.. that i already sick wrose..

it came back after i was trying to change eatting pattern.. but i still stick to it cuz it makes me feel better but the dizzy part is still in the way..

Back