Verizon, Sprint, At&t

I currently have Samsung Epic 4G. It is $29.99 plus $10 smartphone data fee

You should keep grandfathered data plan. why can't swap your data plan to Samsung G3?

My bill shows 4GB
Yes, 4G LTE and mine is Thunderbolt. Used VRS on it is awesome.

As it was mentioned, everyone has different needs and options. My iPhone with AT&T is 35.00 a month. I don't use it that much; what I get is DataPlus 200 MB for iPhone for 15.00 and 20.00 for Messaging Unlimited. With surcharges and fees, my monthly bill is 35.48. If I plan on extended use, there are tons of Wi-Fi places where I live and I never go over my monthly allotment.

All this bickering is for the birds! Lol....

My bill shows 4GB
Yes, 4G LTE and mine is Thunderbolt. Used VRS on it is awesome.

Oh, Android. I get it. I safely assume that Verizon throws 4G into your Thunderbolt.

I am using my grandfathered unlimited iPhone 4 with AT&T.

You should keep grandfathered data plan. why can't swap your data plan to Samsung G3?

Sprint said they wont do it. They said that I will be forced to get $55 data plan if I get Galaxy SIII

and I got email from Sprint Relay

Hello Shane, thank you for contacting Sprint Relay Customer Service. The information at the online store at www.sprintrelaystore.com is correct. All of the newest smart phones on the Data Only Plan for the Deaf begin at $44.99 per month plus the $10 premium data fee which makes the total monthly recurring charge $54.99 per month. Previous plans cannot be "grandfathered in". If you have any other questions concerning your device or your Sprint plan, please contact the correct department at vcs@sprint.com.

I can see why the price keep climbing. Blame on everyone that goes crazy about wireless, and the demand is higher now. It is now seller market, meaning that wireless provider knew you can't sarcface if they increase the price. Bottom line is P R O F I T. They want to make money that is all.

Right now the wireless spectrum is full, and it gives opportunity for provider to jack up the rates.

I can see why the price keep climbing. Blame on everyone that goes crazy about wireless, and the demand is higher now. It is now seller market, meaning that wireless provider knew you can't sarcface if they increase the price. Bottom line is P R O F I T. They want to make money that is all.

Right now the wireless spectrum is full, and it gives opportunity for provider to jack up the rates.

The higher monthly will probably cause people to use prepaid phones with refill minutes.

Speaking about full wireless spectrum, Verizon could shut CDMA off and use LTE as primary.

at&t is starting shrink the GPRS/EDGE and eventually shut them off in major cities like NYC.
http://gizmodo.com/5890331/att-has-started-forcing-2g-users-to-3g

Update: at&t is shutting GPRS/EDGE (2G) off in NYC.
http://www.cultofmac.com/169462/att-starts-2g-network-shut-down-in-new-york/

The higher monthly will probably cause people to use prepaid phones with refill minutes.

Speaking about full wireless spectrum, Verizon could shut CDMA off and use LTE as primary.

at&t is starting shrink the GPRS/EDGE and eventually shut them off in major cities like NYC.
AT&T Wants to Kill Its 2G Network

Update: at&t is shutting GPRS/EDGE (2G) off in NYC.
AT&T Starts 2G Network Shut Down In New York | Cult of Mac

That because AT&T is working on increasing 4G LTE towers across the USA like Verizon does.

That because AT&T is working on increasing 4G LTE towers across the USA like Verizon does.

It is unaffected for 4G LTE because they are on 700/1700 MHz since 2G/3G/HSPA+ use 850/1900 MHz.

at&t is killing 2G to free up for 3G/HSPA+.

at&t LTE is pretty open and free up, unlike Verizon that where their LTE is very congested in major cities like NYC, LA, DC, Chicago, etc.

ATT can't kill 2G, it's used for the GSM network services which are used for voice calls and SMS/MMS text messaging. If they don't have 2G these services would no longer work.

ATT can't kill 2G, it's used for the GSM network services which are used for voice calls and SMS/MMS text messaging. If they don't have 2G these services would no longer work.

at&t uses 3G for voice and SMS/MMS.

That what they are doing in NYC right now.

It is unaffected for 4G LTE because they are on 700/1700 MHz since 2G/3G/HSPA+ use 850/1900 MHz.

at&t LTE is pretty open and free up, unlike Verizon that where their LTE is very congested in major cities like NYC, LA, DC, Chicago, etc.

AT&T said 4G LTE will roll out by end of next year. You will see AT&T LTE will spread across the country next year.

Verizon already roll LTE out on major metro cities like Atlanta area, Dallas area right now as well as I saw that Verizon LTE still roll more and more anywhere in US on the Verizon map.

AT&T said 4G LTE will roll out by end of next year. You will see AT&T LTE will spread across the country next year.

Verizon already roll LTE out on major metro cities like Atlanta area, Dallas area right now as well as I saw that Verizon LTE still roll more and more anywhere in US on the Verizon map.

That's incorrect, at&t 4G LTE already rolled since last year.
AT&T Announces Summer LTE Rollout Plans (2011)
AT&T's 4G LTE markets now total 39, trail Verizon's 258 | Mobile - CNET News (2012)
AT&T expands its LTE footprint, adding 7 new markets (2012)

at&t uses 3G for voice and SMS/MMS.

That what they are doing in NYC right now.

Yeah for the major area, I know it's 3G APN.
I means for the rest of USA between LA <-> NY are still using 2G services. Ever drive in WV, outside of VA, MD, TN, KS, MO, NM, OK and all the middle states? Some people I know who live there still using EDGE.

Most of those area are 2G service due to it's cheaper and GSM coverage is cheaper/stronger than 3G coverage.

I wonder what will happen for people who come visit US from international? European phone will useless because their 3G bands aren't compatible with AT&T.

Yeah for the major area, I know it's 3G APN.
I means for the rest of USA between LA <-> NY are still using 2G services. Ever drive in WV, outside of VA, MD, TN, KS, MO, NM, OK and all the middle states? Some people I know who live there still using EDGE.

Most of those area are 2G service due to it's cheaper and GSM coverage is cheaper/stronger than 3G coverage.

I wonder what will happen for people who come visit US from international? European phone will useless because their 3G bands aren't compatible with AT&T.

I'm not saying that at&t is shutting all 2G off but more limited to region that where wireless spectrum is full or into deficit so shut 2G off resolve the issue to free up the wireless spectrum. It will take probably 10 years for GPRS/EDGE to be permanently shut off nationwide like at&t did to TDMA, or could be much earlier if wireless spectrum is in serious deficit.

There is alternative for international tourists are use T-Mobile service for 2G.

Blame on FCC for flawed system that why our wireless frequencies are not same as Europe and Asia.

AT&T LTE will be eventually congested as well.

Back