Vegetarian or Meat eater

I'm definitely a meat eater. I start feeling sick when trying to subsist on beans and tofu for my protein. I also work out a lot and like to pick up heavy stuff for fun lol

you dont subsist on just tofu and beans that be awful diet,plenty of cook books with quick nutrious meatfree meals..one day i take my own advice and use one

my teens/late teen years I ate bakery bread like it was going out of style, My young adult life and now I am a Big meat eater and always has been, but now I also eat a lot of tomatoes, right off the vine like an apple, I eat onions pretty closely, but has to be on something but if I can get a mild onion I will devour it..lol I love mushrooms and sea foods as well.

meat meat meat, and salads, with meat in it. Seriously that's almost all I eat, and smoothies with as much protein as I can get in them. Meat I eat is mostly boneless pork loin ( I get huge cuts from Costco and cut them up into chops) chicken, turkey and seafood, salmon, some tilapia, and sometimes shrimp, which isn't really all that great for you, but I'm just not that anal about my food and flipping love shrimp, BIG ones. Oh and eggs, lots of eggs.

I figure going by our teeth, which are made for eating meat and vegetables, we should probably be eating a meat, otherwise evolution wouldn't have given us the teeth for it.

Actually our teeth are most similar to cows, giraffes, horses, etc. We have flat square teeth. Our jaws also moves side to side to where we can chew in a circular motion like the grass eating mammals I spoke of.

Actually our teeth are most similar to cows, giraffes, horses, etc. We have flat square teeth. Our jaws also moves side to side to where we can chew in a circular motion like the grass eating mammals I spoke of.

Those are the back teeth the molars, out front teeth and canines are a different story, we have the teeth of omnivore, we need both plants and meat. I never said that we had the teeth of a carnivore and should eat ONLY meat ;) and those molars are not flat, they're jagged, and any lateral movement while chew is minimal. Our teeth are MOST similair to chimps, and other primates, which makes sense due to evolution. They have the teeth of an omnivore, not a herbivore. Herbivore teeth are much flatter and they don't have canines at all, there is usually a huge gap between where they're front and back teeth are. Very LITTLE similarities between our teeth and an herbivores teeth.

You must reading vegetarian info, they cherry pick facts and compare compare carnivore teeth and herbivore teeth ignoring omnivores like chimps, pigs and bears completely.

Those are the back teeth the molars, out front teeth and canines are a different story, we have the teeth of omnivore, we need both plants and meat. I never said that we had the teeth of a carnivore and should eat ONLY meat ;) and those molars are not flat, they're jagged, and any lateral movement while chew is minimal. Our teeth are MOST similair to chimps, and other primates, which makes sense due to evolution. They have the teeth of an omnivore, not a herbivore. Herbivore teeth are much flatter and they don't have canines at all, there is usually a huge gap between where they're front and back teeth are. Very LITTLE similarities between our teeth and an herbivores teeth.

You must reading vegetarian info, they cherry pick facts and compare compare carnivore teeth and herbivore teeth ignoring omnivores like chimps, pigs and bears completely.

Fair enough on the omnivores statement. It's my understanding that it's not so because we do not have incisors. Well... technically we do but they're not the same. Regardless, I will definitely take your word on it as I don't really know all that much about this. I just knew the thing about our front teeth and motion of jaw.

As I type this... I am having steak and eggs for breakfast. Shit... I'll even eat a vegetarian for breakfast if I can put some tabasco sauce on it.

I am a vegetarian, so by definition that means no animals that had to die, including sea food (rennet and gelatin). I limit my dairy and don't drink milk-But am not vegan because I do occasionally have it.

Those who don't eat by-products (eggs, milk, honey, )are vegans.
People who eat only fish are pescatarian.

It is a huge struggle to have society understand vegetarians and vegans, so I do feel it' important that people understand the meanings of the words before using them.

I have to be extremely careful in restaurants who use fish oil in sauces etc and do not tell me because they think fish is vegetarian. They get this idea usually from misinformed people who think that fish isn't an animal. Which is quite puzzling because they do fall under taxonomy animalia.

I have been vegetarian for 9 years now. It's never been a struggle to switch. I feel healthier-As long as I stay away from desserts ;)
My boyfriend is also a vegetarian for three years now.

As for meat vs no meat debate, it's now up to the person. There's nothing that is stopping us from making the choice. Nothing about our body or our teeth to force us to go vegetarian or to eat meat. We have free will and intelligence to create a healthy lifestyle. We survived the ice age by the means we could. Now that it is over with I have a choice and can get a healthy, balanced diet without animal cruelty. That is my personal choice. So arguments aside on whose teeth look like what...It comes down to whether or not you accept what is happening to the animals and to the planet as a direct result of CAFOS. Not just for animal cruelty but realizing it has destroyed animal habitat/wet lands, contributed to creating disease like influenza, and polluted the air and water more so than all the cars on the planet put together (like when feces is dumped into our drinking water).

I don't accept animal cruelty, but I don't judge people who eat meat. Not many people connect their meals to what is happening. It's a hard thing to do and changing from what our culture teaches us, is even harder.

But, interesting side note: Gorillas have fangs I would not want to mess with- They are strict vegetarians..vegans maybe.
I wonder where they get their protein? (joke for the vegetarians out there ) :p

I'm a Jane fan, love her work and studies. She has so many interesting stories to share about animal emotions too- though many anecdotal.

We know that gorillas as a general rule eat a mainly plant based diet/fruit etc and 2% goes to the bugs. Low percentage, they are currently classified as herbivores.

However, my point being that looking at fangs so sharp and big you would expect them to be great hunters. Able to take down a lot of flesh for food. That isn't what they are used for. Their teeth don't predetermine them as carnivorous. Which is why I brought them up during a debate about what our own teeth tell us to eat.

Guinea pigs for example will open their mouths wide in a yawn just to show their sharp teeth off to others. This isn't about biting or killing, but to display dominance. Most guinea pigs won't even resort to biting -It's mostly flee or freeze.

I believe that the gorilla probably has sharp teeth for displays such as this as well as puncturing tough/hard fruit. Will a gorilla occasional kill and eat an animal? Probably. I think of them as individuals with personalities. I also know many animals will kill to defend a territory and eat the body to not attract predators to their family. Theories are out there, nevertheless, their main diet is not hunted food and the point remains the same-That our teeth don't predetermine what we eat as human beings. The slaughter of millions of domestic animals per day- is not justified by our anatomy. I don't judge a person's choice-but they can't say they don't have one based on their physiology.

i thought gorllas were veggi,i know chimps and baboons eat meat.
that intresting kink

i thought gorllas were veggi,i know chimps and baboons eat meat.
that intresting kink
No proof yet that they eat meat like monkeys.They found DNA in the feces. One theory is that they are consuming insects that were feasting on dead animals. DNA could also get in by a monkey feasting on the gorilla feces to get the seeds out.
More research needs to be done.

I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian. (Eat eggs and milk)

Never could eat as much meat as most people (gave me gas) and made the switch way back in 1989.

It did improve my endurance somewhat,probably due to increased glycogen (muscle sugar) storage.

In my 1st marathon in 1977,I "hit the wall" at mile 17 and had to walk the rest of the way. In my last 2 marathons in 1991 and 1992,with the same training program,I hit the wall somewhere between miles 22-23.

I'm not an evangelical vegetarian;if you want to eat meat,go ahead. I don't and it works for me. I have very good health,thank God.

Thinking about a return to distance running. (5ks)

Some years ago, I tried to stay eatting meat free meals but it only made me sick. So, I stopped for my health reasons.

I feel like crap when I don't eat meat, and cannot satisfy my hunger until I do. I am extremely active and my body needs protein, a lot of it. I've had nights where I've plowed through the contents if the cupboards and fridge but don't feel sated until I got what my body needed, meat.

I feel like crap when I don't eat meat, and cannot satisfy my hunger until I do. I am extremely active and my body needs protein, a lot of it. I've had nights where I've plowed through the contents if the cupboards and fridge but don't feel sated until I got what my body needed, meat.
My bf lifted weights and was very fit and athletic as a vegetarian. He stopped working out due to a job this year, but if you are unable to be vegetarian, it's nothing to do with working out and being physically active..It is probably due to not knowing how to substitute properly. It's always up to you, but it can be done :)

Darling I don't want to and feel no need to. Meat suits me just fine thanks.

Wirelessly posted

Beef, chicken, seafood! Love meat. Not too big on pork. I also eat Veggies. I like varity in my diet. I have actually lost weight just eating meat and veggies, by cutting out on the high carbs veggies.

My bf lifted weights and was very fit and athletic as a vegetarian. He stopped working out due to a job this year, but if you are unable to be vegetarian, it's nothing to do with working out and being physically active..It is probably due to not knowing how to substitute properly. It's always up to you, but it can be done :)

FYI Ambrosia knows what she is talking about. You say you don't care one way or another but you sure couldn't tell by your posts. People do what they feel is best for themselves, doesn't make it right or wrong.

Eat clean train mean!!! Actually I'm at the gym right, have to rest on minute between sets. Doing 6 sets of 5 reps deadlifts 100 pounds (plus the bar so 115) and barbell military presses, 25lbs, each hand. I have a hard enough getting enough protein in, I don't even want to think about doing that while cutting meat, pfffft does my body good :D

Back