Vegetarian "meat"

I wouldn't really consider having 2 eggs every day as Moderate. To me that would be a little accessive. I know that when I was pescotarian I did not have eggs every day. On average I had 6 free range eggs that lasted me about a week.

Although I don't think that was as unhealthy as the dairy or fish I used to consume.

My dad, who has a heart condition, seperates the bit which contains most of the colesterol when he has eggs.

I did not suggest in my previous post to eat egg everyday but one to two egg a day is a moderately. It's immoderately to eat egg everyday.

Okay, it's not just eggs who cause heart condition but processed meats including unhealthy nutrition as well.

Excellent point, Liebling. If I eat eggs with yolks; I usually don't eat any meat that day. This is because yolks contains all the colesterol that you need for the day.

I personally think eating an egg more than 3 or 4 times a week is rather excessive.

Vegetarian "meat"

Hi fellow veggie friend :) I'd like to get to know you. My names Valerie

Since this seems to be revived.....

I was vegan in college and ate lots of beans, cereal with soymilk and meat substitutes <tofu dogs etc>. It was a combination of animal welfare and health reasons why I did that. I actually didn't - and don't - like the taste so much of the fake meat things but didn't want to be part of the problem with factory farming.

I've never been a "meat and potatoes" person and don't like meat much.

Now- I actively avoid most of the fake meat things because they are often filled with a lot of food fractions< soy or wheat protein isolates...or whey protein and I can't eat diary> and in the case of soy - can be genetically modified. I avoid GMO soy, wheat and corn.
I prefer to eat more whole food, getting protein from local and organic eggs, sustainable fish choices, nuts/seeds, legumes and I do eat lots of whole grain oatmeal with almond milk.

My diet would be considered plant-based, whole foods.

Back