Vegetarian "meat"

I agree with you.

I think the philosophy behind being a vegetarian is bullshit.

If they want a vege-burger, then they're obviously thinking "burger"... which is MEAT!

This is new to me! Since when does the beef industry have the copyright to the word, "Burger?"

I love veggieburgers, so pardon me while I take a bite from my veggieburger.:giggle:

I'm vegan for ethnical reasons. I like faked meat from time to time. I make myself a Pizza with supermelting vegan cheese, tommato paste and other filings and it tastes to me like the real thing.

Of course it wasn't always like that. When I first went Vegan I had really bad cravings for fried egg. I got over it though. Now vegan food is natural for me.

I'm vegan for ethnical reasons. I like faked meat from time to time. I make myself a Pizza with supermelting vegan cheese, tommato paste and other filings and it tastes to me like the real thing.

Of course it wasn't always like that. When I first went Vegan I had really bad cravings for fried egg. I got over it though. Now vegan food is natural for me.

I am just wondering if you ever heard of fake scrambled eggs? If there is one at a store, and I hope that it will be a good taste.

I am just wondering if you ever heard of fake scrambled eggs? If there is one at a store, and I hope that it will be a good taste.

No, but Tofu tastes very much like scrambled egg if you crumble it and add some ground turmaic (sp?).

Also thinly sliced fried Tofu tastes similar to the white of a fried egg but nothing so far tastes like the yellow bit.

In the us there's a frozen-foods brand called "Amy's Kitchen" and they sell a tofu scramble breakfast. It's pretty good, but the portions are tiny and the cost fairly high, about 4usd for one meal. You can look up how to make tofu scramble yourself online and it'll end up costing 3-4$ for (from a box of tofu) several good large servings you can refridgerate and reheat for later.

I've tried both, and I can generally replicate a decent tofu scramble. If I can cook it, -anyone- can. My idea of 'meals' often includes puffed rice cereal and soymilk, but I have been trying to be a bit more out there in what I cook. I've been looking all about online and I've found myself quite amazed at the good gluten free vegan foods one can make.

I dont care much for fake meats.... i eat fishes and poultry....

Well, it's your choice. We don't force you what to eat. But, we encourage you to consider trying to eat something different that might be interested to you. Vegetables do not hurt you, and they are good for you. That's all.

Many family doctors recommended their patients to eat more green vegetables and go on a diet. That has been done for many years so the doctors decided that it was not worth it to remind them because the patients often forgot what they need to be reminded.

The only thing that I really hate what people say that it is good to eat all kinds of meats especially the damn hunters. I cannot believe it. Some of us really understand what is going on with our "food system" as animal rights or Animal welfare, bovine growth hormone (rBGH), Genetically Modified (GM), and some others.

The meat contains a lot of acid that can hole your stomach if you eat a lot of meats everyday. The red meat is actually gray color which states that it is rotten - I do not understand this one. It is more important that we understand the difference between carnivore and herbivore. This is a big different between an animal and a human. Here is the link of the picture that I posted on http://www.alldeaf.com/796955-post117.html .

The natural acid inside meat is designed to kill the bacteria itself, but the more acid in it and the more you eat that can hurt your stomach. This was an evidence at a health convention a few years ago.

I love to eat a Tofu sandwich with different kind of lettuces that I bought at a veggie restaurant. It is a big sandwich which cost around 5 dollars. It was so good.

BBQ squirrel on a stick anyone? Aside from the joke, yeah... the 'fake' stuff tastes horrible. I once tried a "vege burger" and it tasted like bacon grease and carrots mashed up then fried. Nasty stuff.

BBQ squirrel on a stick anyone? Aside from the joke, yeah... the 'fake' stuff tastes horrible. I once tried a "vege burger" and it tasted like bacon grease and carrots mashed up then fried. Nasty stuff.

I am sorry that you dislike the taste. I can understand that. You have to get used it for awhile, and you will realize that you will love other kinds of veggies because your brain does not used to taste the different, but your body likes it. No worries. Some brands of veggie burgers are not quite good. Boca and Morningstar Farms are good.

But, it is much better for you to go to a veggie restaurant. I promise you that you will love the food at the veggie restaurant. The more you understand how to do the right thing for your food. Please don't worry about for the first time. Some restaurants offer a veggie food, but you have to make a best judgement before you order because some restaurant cookers (i.e. a non-veggie cookers) do not know how long it take to cook it. They think that it is the same as a real burger for a period of time on the stove.

Two weeks ago, I took my three friends out to a restaurant which called, "Veggie Restaurant." It is in Northampton, Massachusetts. I am sure that there are some different veggies restaurants out there - maybe some in your area - who knows. They eat the food, and they loved it so much. They want to go back in a few weeks. You don't have to expect to believe me.

I'm not a vegetarian. I do eat plants and meat. I have had tried eating all kinds of "fake" food. I'd rather eating natural sources than fake sources. Organic food are good, but they're expensive.

I would like to state my comment regarding E.Coli. My family have worked in hospitals for years. I am used to hearing all kinds of unpleasant and disturbing stories from them.

There are different types (strains) of E.Coli. We normally do carry E. coli and other "good" bacterias inside our intestines. Even you and all deaf users. I have them. Every human on the planet. Even plants and animals. Relax. They're harmless. Our bodies carry more microbes than human cells. They are even 10 times than human cells. We depend on good bacterias for our bodies. Without good bacterias, we become sick. Some of them help us digest food. Some of them even can make your skin clean! That's how our immune system is built to design to keep "bad" bacterias out from infecting us. I love good microbes. I don't mind them dancing all over my skins, so my immune system can play with them. The doctors can use bad bacterias as weapons to fight off diseases

If the "bad" bacteria E. Coli affects us, it can make us sick. We take antibiotics to kick E. Coli's butt and also "good" bacteria E. Colis' butts. Oh, well. It ain't perfect, but at least we can destroy bad bacterias. Gotta sacrifice our good bacteria buddies!

I love vegetables but when I eat a vegetable I want it to have the taste, smell, look, and texture of that vegetable. I want my carrot to taste like a carrot, not a fish stick.

That's just my preference.

Morningstar Farms and Boca sucks, that's bad for my taste. :barf:

Morningstar Farms and Boca sucks, that's bad for my taste. :barf:

My assume that you did not add something on the burger - like cooked onions, and tomatoes to make more flavor on it so that you would like it better than a plain one. I don't eat plain burgers because the taste is boring that has nothing on it.

Have you ever eat the Morningstar Farms sausages for a breakfast? This sausage is my favorite one. Unfortunately, it has a high corn fruit syrup (I think), and I really cannot understand why the company added it on the ingredients.

Any high fruit corn syrup is really not that good for us, and it just added on the food because the company thinks that the taste is better - I strongly doubt it because it makes no different between the syrup and without the syrup on the food. High fruit corn syrup is not a honey syrup if you know.

My assume that you did not add something on the burger - like cooked onions, and tomatoes to make more flavor on it so that you would like it better than a plain one. I don't eat plain burgers because the taste is boring that has nothing on it.

Have you ever eat the Morningstar Farms sausages for a breakfast? This sausage is my favorite one. Unfortunately, it has a high corn fruit syrup (I think), and I really cannot understand why the company added it on the ingredients.

Any high fruit corn syrup is really not that good for us, and it just added on the food because the company thinks that the taste is better - I strongly doubt it because it makes no different between the syrup and without the syrup on the food. High fruit corn syrup is not a honey syrup if you know.

Your assume is wrong, I usually added cheese, lettuce and mayo on this burger and tastes so horrible, majority is from burger then I found it is veggie burger then fuck it.

FYI, I don't like veggie food that's creative or filled with mixed of vegetable.

I prefer to eat traditional vegetable in separated from others, such as steak cube with carrot and mashed potato, sometime, I put peas, corn or bean in mixed with mashed potato on my plate and tastes so great. Everyone's taste are different, mine isn't same as your taste.

Your assume is wrong, I usually added cheese, lettuce and mayo on this burger and tastes so horrible, majority is from burger then I found it is veggie burger then fuck it.

FYI, I don't like veggie food that's creative or filled with mixed of vegetable.

I prefer to eat traditional vegetable in separated from others, such as steak cube with carrot and mashed potato, sometime, I put peas, corn or bean in mixed with mashed potato on my plate and tastes so great. Everyone's taste are different, mine isn't same as your taste.

Oh, you accidently bought a veggie instead of a real burger at a restaurant? If yes, then I am sure that this cooker who made it for you was a lousy job. It happened to me a few times at some restaurants (non-veggie restaurants). If you are here at my house, you will like my food better.

Oh, you accidently bought a veggie instead of a real burger at a restaurant? If yes, then I am sure that this cooker who made it for you was a lousy job. It happened to me a few times at some restaurants (non-veggie restaurants). If you are here at my house, you will like my food better.

No, I bought at grocery.

I don't believe meat eaters who say they hate soya/fake meats and go yuck every time they have it. They don't give it a chance.

My dad used to keep some powdered cows milk at mine before I turned my home into a meat and dairy free zone. I replaced it with powdered soya milk and he didn't even notice. Now my dad is ok about drinking soya milk. He has it in his breakfast instead of cows milk.

I also made this mango sorbet for my meat eating neibour who claimed she couldn't stand soya. She said she really liked the sorbet. Not realising I'd used soya cream to make it with.

I agree with you.

I think the philosophy behind being a vegetarian is bullshit.

If they want a vege-burger, then they're obviously thinking "burger"... which is MEAT!

You'll love this story:

When I was a server at IHOP, I approached a table that was just seated. I'm guessing it was a grandmother and her grandson (he couldn't have been older than 5). I get their drinks and take their order. The grandson wants a plate that has 2 bacon or 2 sausage and one egg. I asked if he wanted bacon, sausage, or both. The grandmother looks at me sharply and says, "He's a vegetarian!"
So I say "Okay" to her, then to the grandson, "How do you want your egg cooked sweetie?"
Then the grandmother says, "Oh, scrambled is fine."
:jaw:
I thought that, you know, eating chicken fetuses is against the vegetarian code AND a life style choice. This kid is less than 5 years old and already he is being deprived of many vitamins and proteins that he should need growing up!

This is a big different between an animal and a human. Here is the link of the picture that I posted on http://www.alldeaf.com/796955-post117.html .

I disagree. I think the word "Omnivore" is what you were looking for there. We have Canine teeth (because they are sharp and in the front and made for ripping meat) and we have flat molars in the back (so we are able to grind plants and leaves).

Back