Utah State Senator: "Gays are probably the greatest threat to America."

Jolie77

Premium Member
Reaction score
SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) - Utah state senator Chris Buttars is now comparing some in the gay community to radical Muslims.

Buttars makes this strong comment in an upcoming documentary about Prop 8.

And they come just a year after remarks by Buttars greatly offended many African-Americans.

In late January of this year, Senator Buttars sat down for an interview with documentary maker and former ABC 4 reporter Reed Cowan.

Cowan’s documentary is called, "8: The Mormon Proposition. "

In it, Buttars not only makes the comparison to radical Muslims, but also suggests that gays could pose the greatest threat to America.

Because the documentary has not yet aired, we can't show you the video of senator Buttars speaking.

But ABC 4 has seen it.

And in the audio clips which ABC 4 received permission to broadcast from Reed Cowan Productions, Buttars makes several equally strong comments.

Sen. Chris Buttars: "Homosexuality will always be a sexual perversion. And you say that around here now and everybody goes nuts. But I don't care."

Just one year ago, Buttars found himself in hot water locally and nationally for this comment on the senate floor.

"This baby is black...this is a dark, ugly thing."

And even though Buttars says in the documentary interview,..."the ACLU - bless their black hearts...," it’s his other comments which may get the strongest reaction.

Like this one which the documentary maker confirms is about gays.

"They're mean. They want to talk about being nice. They're the meanest buggers I have ever seen."

And just seconds later, Buttars draws a comparison between some gays and radical Muslims.

“It's just like the Muslims. Muslims are good people and their religion is anti-war. But it’s been taken over by the radical side.”

Buttars also claims he's "killed" every gay rights bill in the legislature for the last 8 years.

He also talks about gay marriage being the beginning of the end.

Buttars: "What is the morals of a gay person? You can't answer that because anything goes."

And finally, this is how senator Buttars refers to the "radical gay movement."

"They're probably the greatest threat to America going down I know of."

Now, in the interview, senator Buttars also talks about a certain type of reported gay sexual activity which he claims is taking place.

But ABC 4 does not consider that appropriate for its news content.

EXCLUSIVE: Senator Buttars compares some gays to radical Muslims - ABC 4.com

This is just asinine. *shakes my head*

From the article:

Now, in the interview, senator Buttars also talks about a certain type of reported gay sexual activity which he claims is taking place

How would he know what's taking place? :cool2:

Gays aren't the biggest threat to America. Bigoted, hateful people like Buttars are.

Let me see if I understand his position:

The economy can be so desperate children are starving to death: And the world can be torn apart by suicide bombers --

But none of that is a problem so long as no where in the U.S. are two gay guys hiding in a corner cuddling.

True but he didn't say what was taking place and I'm curious to know what's taking place.

Afterall--we don't know if it's accurate or not.

Well, he did refer to "going down" in the previous sentence.:giggle:

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

oh great..... we've got another version of Geert Wilders :roll:

I found the sexual comment that was deleted from the ABC website:

Some say Buttars has gone too far with anti-gay statements
February 18th, 2009 @ 6:02pm
By Richard Piatt and Becky Bruce

Utah State Sen. Chris Buttars isn't ashamed of his stand against what he has called the "homosexual agenda."

But today, some people are wondering if recently-released anti-gay sentiments have gone too far. One group has requested an apology; another is even asking for Buttars to resign.

The comments are audio clips from a an hour-long interview for a documentary on Proposition 8. In them, Buttars says, "Homosexuality will always be a sexual perversion. And you say that around here now, and everybody goes nuts. But I don't care."

Referring to gay activists, Buttars says, "They're mean. They want to talk about being nice. They're the meanest buggers I have ever seen. …It's just like the Muslims. Muslims are good people, and their religion is anti-war, but it's been taken over by the radical side. …They're probably the greatest threat to America going down I know of."

Buttars also made more explicit comments in a video posted, but later removed from YouTube today. "It's too ugly to talk about. I don't want to talk about it. One thing is called pig sex," he said.

Together, the comments are so offensive to gay rights activist Jacob Whipple he wants Buttars to resign. "If he's making comments off the cuff like that, if those are his philosophies, I don't believe he belongs in an elected seat," Whipple said.

So far, Whipple is alone in calling for Buttars to resign. But the group Equality Utah points out Buttars' comments demonstrate the need for the very Common Ground initiatives the Legislature has already defeated this year. [Click here to read Equality Utah's entire statement]

Buttars speaking publicly about his comments, but on a state Senate blog, he said he thought the documentary producer, Reed Cowan, would "treat both sides fairly and treat me fairly."

"I took Reed at his word and am disappointed," Buttars wrote. [Click here to read Reed Cowan's side of the story]

At the Capitol, Senate President Michael Waddoups said Buttars was speaking only for himself, not the Senate. "Senator Buttars, I don't even know he was speaking as a senator. I got the feeling that he was speaking out as Chris Buttars, a concerned citizen," Waddoups said.

In his statement, Buttars said he believes traditional marriage is the foundation of our civilization and says he will continue to oppose policy that undermines that foundation. [Click here to read Buttars' entire statement]

Last year, Buttars took heat for a comment some thought was racist. During the interview with Cowan, he said he just doesn't talk about that anymore.

What the h*** is "pig sex"?

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=5628917&autostart=y

Last edited:
Watch him be accused of having pig sex with a guy 2 years later......

Last edited:
awesome, that senator have guts to saying about it. Don't everybody have opinion and to be a fighter instead have gays poking around? ha

Thanks for finding more information to this, Byrdie.

WTF is pig sex? I have to wonder - is it in refer for the anti-gay comment that is offensive? :hmm:

Back