USB OBD II Scanner

I suggest AutoEnginuity® - OBD2 Scan Tool - Professional PC and PDA Diagnostics

Not working in a shop for a few years now, I sold my OTC Genesis and went with the AE software and the Ford enhanced package.. Nice setup for the price. Have a Sun/Snap-on Lab scope for diagnostics too. the AE software actually does some stuff that my Genisys didn't do.. such as key reprogramming.

I suppose to get a new AE scanner last few years ago cuz I know computer little. I use my old SnapOn scanner and also use a shop's SnapOn Solus Pro scanner. When I get good knowledge of computer things then get AE scanner. Dst

mine is Waekon Fuel Injector Quick Probe # 76462. All you see is blinking LED when touch the injector body or connector. If no blinking LED is indicates no fuel injector pulses. I use it a lot and can use to check solenoids such as EVAP purge, EGR or relays.

Nice tool you have. It's just for electronic issue only right? I am not sure if I should buy it or not. EVAP purge, EGR, or relays? Then I will probably buy one!

So I like to use fuel injector tester and pressure fuel gauge to find plugged or electronic issue only.

Nice tool you have. It's just for electronic issue only right? I am not sure if I should buy it or not. EVAP purge, EGR, or relays? Then I will probably buy one!

So I like to use fuel injector tester and pressure fuel gauge to find plugged or electronic issue only.

yes, electrical but you cant backprobe the injector connector to check voltage cuz it is sense the vibration such as solenoids like you put your hand or fingers on the injector and feel click click click. If no click feel, indicates fuel injector is not working. How did I bought it? By thru SnapOn dealer that he demo me this tool, then I addicted to bought it. Worth it and very good for deaf mechanics. Not many hearing mechanics use them, they use old fashion stethoscope to listen the clicks in the injectors.
Fuel Injector tester? OTC have them but I don't own it.
Fuel Pressure Tester...... I think Harbor Freight Tools have it .... cheaper price. My tech have a master fuel injection pressure tester from HFT. Not bad. All tools you want cheaper tools is HFT. I still shop HFT stuffs not bother me.

yes, electrical but you cant backprobe the injector connector to check voltage cuz it is sense the vibration such as solenoids like you put your hand or fingers on the injector and feel click click click. If no click feel, indicates fuel injector is not working. How did I bought it? By thru SnapOn dealer that he demo me this tool, then I addicted to bought it. Worth it and very good for deaf mechanics. Not many hearing mechanics use them, they use old fashion stethoscope to listen the clicks in the injectors.
Fuel Injector tester? OTC have them but I don't own it.
Fuel Pressure Tester...... I think Harbor Freight Tools have it .... cheaper price. My tech have a master fuel injection pressure tester from HFT. Not bad. All tools you want cheaper tools is HFT. I still shop HFT stuffs not bother me.

Very true, I don't know why college made me how learn to check injector with scope but I do feel a click/pulse/like that and instructor prefer check with scope or FI tester over feel. :dunno:

I already own fuel pressure tester for $30 or something. It's worth it! I can't live without it!

Nothing to wrong with HFT. I alway check customer's review online first then buy a item at store.

Very true, I don't know why college made me how learn to check injector with scope but I do feel a click/pulse/like that and instructor prefer check with scope or FI tester over feel. :dunno:

I already own fuel pressure tester for $30 or something. It's worth it! I can't live without it!

Nothing to wrong with HFT. I alway check customer's review online first then buy a item at store.

You can check the fuel injector waveforms with a DSO (Digital Storage Oscilloscope) when you suspect something wrong with fuel injector drive circuit.
The test leads from a DSO, cant reach the injector deeper in the valley or under the upper intake manifold, can backprobe the PCM or bulk connector sides to test the waveforms. The FI quick probe is a good way to check the injector pulses in the valley or under the manifold.

About 2 years ago, I worked in a 76 gas station to took a care of a 1994ish Ford F150 pick up truck with a 5.0L EFI that my technician who was not able to fix the misfire problem after he throw new spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor. He wrote a note to me that he replaced a remanufacture distributor last year along with new spark plugs then a customer said he drove it for 2k miles less a year, when the engine was starting to be misfire when accelerated. I feel like I pull my hair to think what is next. He (tech) took dayoffs, this truck was sitting on the station's side for almost week.
I made some diagnostic strategy on a misfire problem. I double check with codes cuz he didnt log or check it in the first place. I pulled 2 ignition codes I think it was PIP module (ignition module). Fuel press ok, spark ok. I checked TPS ok then I hook up my Fluke 98II scope to check KV, found normal then backprobe PIP module at distributor housing to see the waveform, found nothing wrong with it, next step to check fuel injector, I backprobed the injector and watched the waveform seem ok but I blip the throttle lever to observe the waveform, suddenly I saw the waveform went crazy like rocket to 50 volts, like I said what a heck. I went back to distributor housing again, removed rotor to examined the pick up coil inside, found the window tabs were rubbing by contact the rectector where the pick up coil in the place, then I pulled a distributor housing, found bad worn driven shaft bushing. I got another reman distributor and solved misfire problem.

deafsmogtech - Oh boy, hmm. I wish that you own a garage shop in my town because you know how to solve any problems. :)

deafsmogtech - Oh boy, hmm. I wish that you own a garage shop in my town because you know how to solve any problems. :)

Huh? You want me to live in New England? Whooaaa. No no no..... I can't stand cold to freeze weather. No thanks. I'm sorry. The temperature in Orange County, SoCal is about 75 degree rite now at 10:45 in the morning. Dst

Huh? You want me to live in New England? Whooaaa. No no no..... I can't stand cold to freeze weather. No thanks. I'm sorry. The temperature in Orange County, SoCal is about 75 degree rite now at 10:45 in the morning. Dst

Darn it! You are clever. I was hoping that you didn't think about it. ;)

Back