US policeman used Taser on 72-year-old woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
more like..... crashing into other car with her 2-tons pick-up truck or hitting the person doing a tire repair at emergency lane.

Again with the "if". That didn't happen, now did it?

But what did happen was that the cop tazed a 72 year old woman accused of a traffic violation.

Jiro and Babyface think the cop is justified for tasering the lady.

Jillio and Liebling dont...

All 4 of you wont convince each other of who is right and who is wrong so might as well give it up. :lol:

Yeah, let's just hope neither one of them ever find employment as a security guard at an old folks home!:giggle: "Slow that wheel chiar doewn, old woman!" ZAP!!!

1. your emotions tell you its unprofessional it wasnt , 2.he did ask several times to back away and stand on the other side of the truck , 3.its not uneccesary to taser anyone I dont care if shes an old lady if she has the cojones to stand up to a cop what happens next is her own fault , 4.doesnt matter if they have a weapon. combativness is combativeness the officer maintained his cool because lord knows some people would whip the fire out of her so Id say he did a good job

No, she followed Police Officer´s order for got out of her car and stand... Police Officer suddenly pushed her without ask to go safe place that he can talk her or ask her to come with him to safe place to talk. His roughly behavior got her mad.

I am not saying that I defend old lady but I see what Police Officer doing is an unprofessional.

Here is your post # 49. I don't see the medical evidence. Nor even all of the study.

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C., Jan. 15 (UPI) -- Taser stun devices police use to subdue fleeing, belligerent or dangerous suspects play no role in fatal heart attacks, a U.S. university study says.

The three-year study by Wake Forest University's medical school found no links between the 50,000-volt weapons and fatal heart attacks, the researchers said in the Annals of Emergency Medicine, published by the American College of Emergency Physicians.

The devices manufactured by Taser International Inc. (NASDAQ:TASR) are carried by more than two-thirds of U.S. police agencies. Tasers are controversial because some people hit by their electroshock projectiles were injured or died.

"We finally have a real-world estimate of the risk associated with these weapons ... and we found that to be low," study author Dr. William Bozeman said.

"That's important because these are violent encounters, and a small scrape or bruise is simply not the same as serious head injury or life-threatening internal injury," he told the Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel.

Researchers from five medical schools reviewed 1,201 shock-arrest cases and tied three serious injuries and no deaths to the devices, the researchers said.

They attributed the two deaths to a combination of prolonged struggles, drug abuse and preexisting medical conditions.

Amnesty International said last month Taser shocks "caused or contributed to at least 50 deaths" in the United States between June 2001 and August 2008.

Coroners attributed most of those deaths to other causes, such as drug intoxication or "excited delirium," the human rights groups said. It defined "excited delirium" as "a term often used to describe someone who is in an agitated or highly disturbed state."

this 3-years study was performed by MEDICAL professionals. need a new pair of glasses? :lol:

But what did happen was that the cop tazed a 72 year old woman accused of a traffic violation.

finish the sentence she was also combative and disobeyed direct orders thats why she was tazed

Please answer my question -

so what happens if you refused to sign the ticket? I want to make sure you're aware of traffic law since you're bragging about your 40 years of driving experience.

Like I said, Jiro, don't have a crystal ball. Neither do you. Play pretend with your action figures. You can control all the outcomes that way. Real life has variables.

correction - what DID happen was that the cop tazed a 72 years old woman because she was combative, argumentative, and resisting arrest.

this 3-years study was performed by MEDICAL professionals. need a new pair of glasses? :lol:[/QUOTE}

Nope. Still is not definitive evidence that taser does not cause death. Maybe you need to read your citations a bit more carefully.:cool2:

Mod's Note:

It's time to cool it down and the thread is closed for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back