US policeman used Taser on 72-year-old woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would I want him to do? Start with the basics they used to be trained in before they had pepper sprays and tasers to rely on to assert their authority.

Present a non threatening demeanor and attempt to calm the subject while defusing the situation.

Often letting people rant until they wear down is all that is needed.

Psych 101 and patience.

She is a 4'11" 72 old lady, all he has to do is stand in front of her to keep her from going anywhere. I've known several cops who could have talked her into signing the ticket.

The officer did stand to prevent her from going back to car. the driver was combative and argumentative. in order to control the situation, the officer had to arrest her.

again - we're all humans. we all do the same jobs differently. It's easy for you to sit there and criticize, assuming what you just suggest would work. This is no different from telling parents how to discipline their children. or telling mechanics how to fix this car. or telling managers how to run the business. or telling Lakers how to win the game

You can train 10 officers all you want but each of them will respond to same situation differently.

I would say he did not respond differently. I would say he responded exactly as he was trained to do.

The question is what should he be trained to do in OUR society. How the population view the police and how the police view the citizenry plays a huge role in the type of society we live in.

Stopping crime is easy. Stopping belligerence is easy. The KGB did an excellent job.

We as a society seem to have lost any coherent ideals we may have had. We need to reexamine the basics, not deal with each individual situation. Once an ideal is established then the individual situations will be obvious.

I would say he did not respond differently. I would say he responded exactly as he was trained to do.

The question is what should he be trained to do in OUR society. How the population view the police and how the police view the citizenry plays a huge role in the type of society we live in.

Stopping crime is easy. Stopping belligerence is easy. The KGB did an excellent job.

We as a society seem to have lost any coherent ideals we may have had. We need to reexamine the basics, not deal with each individual situation. Once an ideal is established then the individual situations will be obvious.

because the society has gotten more violent and dangerous. that changed the culture for police. Think about how did the officer armed with just a whistle and baton changed to batman-like officer.

because the society has gotten more violent and dangerous.

I disagree that society has gotten either more violent or more dangerous. I remember teenagers having gang wars just to while away a Saturday night. I remember bars on skid row where knife fights weren't even commented on in the news because they were so common.

The perception once was, "Most people are honest, hard working people, treat them with respect."

The perception now is, "One person out of every hundred million is a deranged serial killer. Treat everyone as though they are that person."

And this perception is not just true of the police. It is true of many average citizens. Nowadays people do not regularly look you in the eye -- And their reasoning is they don't want to set off the occasional loony.

However, economic times are getting rough, and when the economy goes bad so do people. Every economic downturn has had a corresponding upturn in crime.

This will have to be responded too. How it is responded too will be a large factor in the type of society we live in 20 years from now.

The economic downswing will end. Sooner or later things will change, but the way society handles malcontents will not change. They will stay in place as they always have.

What was done in the past impinges on today. What we do today impinges on the future.

So we should tread carefully,

But I sincerely doubt we will.

I have to agree that when the economy takes a turn for the worse, there seems to be an increase in crime especially with thefts.

I disagree that society has gotten either more violent or more dangerous. I remember teenagers having gang wars just to while away a Saturday night. I remember bars on skid row where knife fights weren't even commented on in the news because they were so common.

The perception once was, "Most people are honest, hard working people, treat them with respect."

The perception now is, "One person out of every hundred million is a deranged serial killer. Treat everyone as though they are that person."

And this perception is not just true of the police. It is true of many average citizens. Nowadays people do not regularly look you in the eye -- And their reasoning is they don't want to set off the occasional loony.

However, economic times are getting rough, and when the economy goes bad so do people. Every economic downturn has had a corresponding upturn in crime.

This will have to be responded too. How it is responded too will be a large factor in the type of society we live in 20 years from now.

The economic downswing will end. Sooner or later things will change, but the way society handles malcontents will not change. They will stay in place as they always have.

What was done in the past impinges on today. What we do today impinges on the future.

So we should tread carefully,

But I sincerely doubt we will.

because many places have more and more populations. 300 million and counting. Did we have this in the past? nope.... The "1 out of ---" has gotten more probable and more and more officers get slain or seriously injured. It's a simple cause-and-effect situation.

because many places have more and more populations. 300 million and counting. Did we have this in the past? nope.... The "1 out of ---" has gotten more probable and more and more officers get slain or seriously injured. It's a simple cause-and-effect situation.

Let us say for a minute this is the true and simple answer. Which, considering the three mile island study is worth serious consideration, what are the most obvious solutions?

One is grant the police more power.

Two is doing everything feasible to slow down population growth.

I vote for number two.

Let us say for a minute this is the true and simple answer. Which, considering the three mile island study is worth serious consideration, what are the most obvious solutions?

One is grant the police more power.

Two is doing everything feasible to slow down population growth.

I vote for number two.

then you better go work for Chinese Government and no we are not giving police more power. We are giving police more equipment to deal with the situation. If you do not like taser and pepper spray, then invent something better and cops will GLADLY use it.

hahahaha stupid woman

Supposedly, this woman could be your mother. Who knows. You probably would be piss off at both cop and mother. I agreed with you that she is stupid. After she signs the paper, she could explain it to the judge whatever. The paper is not living, but a signature is a problem.

Supposedly, this woman could be your mother. Who knows. You probably would be piss off at both cop and mother. I agreed with you that she is stupid. After she signs the paper, she could explain it to the judge whatever. The paper is not living, but a signature is a problem.

"Rowdy, Rowdy"....I'd be embarrassed if it were my Mom...

:lol: this reminds me of.... crying woman at airport LOLOLOL

[yt]YKQcSZo33jE[/yt]

nah the cop did nothing wrong if it was my mother id laugh at her and tell she was stupid I doubt it since my mother was a cop, dad was cheif of police, I was a jailer, I doubt mum would do that, only a fool would fight with cops like that lol so I say again that woman was retarded

Yes he looks strong. and guess what? he can easily break her arms while arresting her and this will show up in the headline - "US police man broke 72-years old woman's arm while arresting her for refusing to sign speeding ticket" and the response from you guys will be same - STUPID COP!!! POWER TRIPPER!!! :roll:

pepper spraying has been proven and statically ineffective. Pepper Spraying is as risky as Taser because both will lead to respiratory failure and/or heart attack except the taser has a significant advantage over pepper spray - an ability to quickly subdue a non-compliant person in a safe, controlled manner. You cannot achieve this same result with pepper spray.

He did what he was trained to do - to arrest the driver for refusing to sign the ticket. The driver resisted arrest. The officer did what he can to arrest her.

Ideal:

In 1880's, a soldier hanged some innocent people and no formal legal.
In 1940's, a cop is friendly. He was probably a sort of soft heart.
Nowadays, a cop is brainwashed, mean, almost no mortal, and abuser.

It has been changed over the years since they made up the society.

nah the cop did nothing wrong if it was my mother id laugh at her and tell she was stupid I doubt it since my mother was a cop, dad was cheif of police, I was a jailer, I doubt mum would do that, only a fool would fight with cops like that lol so I say again that woman was retarded

Oh, I see. Okay.

Actually, I had a female neighbor who was in charge of chief of police department in Springfield, Mass. She had been a sort of harassed by some male chiefs police department for ten years because they were jealous of her intelligent. She is retired a few years ago, and she moved away somewhere.

Wow! What a biggest brat and rotten spoiled woman! ha ha ha.

ill translate

*nooo nooo noo nooo Im late for the my little pony concert.....waaaaaaa
your a broiled ox wang, waaaaaa I need to be there, little pony have green highlights!!!!!!, gahhhhhhhhhhh lol thats about it over and over

72 years old and tiny woman and big and paranoia police officer?

I can see that Police Officer suffers from a paranoia. Where is his professional and common sense on that disrespectful and stubborn old lady?

This is so STUPID.

*shake my head*

It is so obvious that the cop is big and tall. The lady is short and old. He can arrest her without using his taser gun. He really wants to shoot her badly because he is FIVE years old. That cop is really weird. He should be fired no matter what because he did not use his common sense. She would be dead easily if she has a heart pacemaker.

Yes I second that.

with the way she was acting and resisting, nope definitely no symptom of heart condition. If she has a pacemaker, then she wouldn't dare officer to taze her. After all - the cop took his taser gun out and warned her several times.

So what do you prefer? a cop aggressively arresting her while she's fighting back which can lead to broken arm? or do you prefer that the officer to throw her onto ground or car hood with his body weight on her while trying to handcuff her which can lead to broken ribs or other bones? or how about pepper-spraying her which can lead to respiratory arrest?

Let's face it - whatever the cop does to arrest her, it won't be pretty anyway. This situation can be easily avoided by simply signing the ticket.

No matter what but the police officer should use his professional and common sense.

I'm curious - what do you want the officer to do in this situation?

Very simple is use common sense and patience.

What the police officer did is an unprofessional.

72 years old and tiny woman and big and paranoia police officer?

I can see that Police Officer suffers from a paranoia. Where is his professional and common sense on that disrespectful and stubborn old lady?

This is so STUPID.

*shake my head*

disrespectful and stubborn old lady? before you start blaming police officer - you should be glad for police officer because he stopped this woman from speeding. This "disrespectful and stubborn" old lady was speeding 60 mph (96.5 kph) on 45 (72 kph)-mph zone. Do you have any idea how dangerous that is? This old lady could kill somebody!!!!!

let's see -
1. she was recklessly speeding 60 mph on 45mph-zone - a sign of NO COMMON SENSE and DISRESPECT for law
2. she was combative and disobeying police officer - a sign of NO COMMON SENSE and DISRESPECT for law
3. It's a law that refusing to sign the ticket will result in arrest - a sign of NO COMMON SENSE and DISRESPECT for law
3. this 72-years old lady was driving a 2-tons pick-up truck that can be a DEADLY WEAPON to anybody

:applause: to cop stopping this crazy reckless lady from hurting or killing people! I'm glad this woman was sent to jail! She posed a clear danger to public! Please stop thinking of her as some poor old lady. Think of her as a crazy angry lady who can potentially kill people with her huge truck because she was speeding too fast and not obeying law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back