UPS To Gays: No Marriage No Benefits

Either your friend is misinformed or he is lying. The Teamster's union is notorious for fighting to keep UPSers jobs. I know this from experience. I worked for UPS for two years. Half the employees no call, no show at least once or twice a week. Some won't even show up for weeks, and their jobs are no where near in jeopardy. So I stand behind my original statement: Your statement is bullshit.

That's correct...

That's correct...

Did you work at UPS before or got union?

Just check my #17 post but I think it's applied for employees with union, that's more safer than sorry.

I'm surprised that UPS doesn't support GBLT people. I know some GLBT people works for UPS. I need to do more research on UPS. If that is true, I will stop using UPS.

Please do not tell me that Fedex is anti gay too.

Why is "No marriage. No benefits." considered anti-GLBT?

Guido, Not forgot about depends on boss in individual warehouse, some bosses can be strict like pain ass but I guess that you got nice boss to make alot of flexiable.

Like one wal-mart store in other area are more strict than our store.

Vampy, It's Metroguy's opinion, I took his opinion too.

I'm sorry I agree with Vampy on that it does not necessarily mean that no marraige no benefits means anti GBLT. If you really stopped to think about it, that same rule would apply to any straight couple.

Before hubby and I married we lived together for many, many years and could not put each other on our benefits. So that rule not only affects GBLT's but also affects anyone in a relationship that isnt married.

You're full of shit. UPS is known to have one of the best benefit packages available to its employees, and because of union protection, its damn near impossible to get fired.

That's right, I've seen managers had talk with employees who had a problem with colleagues or doing unsafe conditions, or working too slow and they still working since or calling in sick too often, late for work... they still on the job. It's impossible to get fired unless you steal packages or contents from them. Union won't help you if you steal package/contents they just show you the door and kiss you ass good bye! Bosses hate Union because they chew their ass and make the employee stay on the job. I work for UPS over 11 years and I know how it goes with UPS.

Bosses hate Union because they chew their ass and make the employee stay on the job

That's right and very true. Unions are more on employees side than bosses depends on the circumstances. ;)

Should I apply for join the union to protect my job? Wal-mart is obviously anti-union, known from CBL.

Should I apply for join the union to protect my job? Wal-mart is obviously anti-union, known from CBL.

You can if there is union available for your job. Union costs money so once a month the union dues are deducted from the paycheck to pay the cost. Union cost varies from jobs where you work at.

I'm sorry I agree with Vampy on that it does not necessarily mean that no marraige no benefits means anti GBLT. If you really stopped to think about it, that same rule would apply to any straight couple.

Before hubby and I married we lived together for many, many years and could not put each other on our benefits. So that rule not only affects GBLT's but also affects anyone in a relationship that isnt married.

That is called Domestic Partnership. That is different story. Domestic Partnership and Marriage are different situations. Are you really sure that UPS is also excluded straight couples?

"UPS To Gays: No Marriage No Benefits" is not mean to end of the world.

Not only GLBT, UPS declined benefits for common-in-law marriage for some reasons even they live in one of 13 states with CL marrage recongized. My friend have to fight for their proofs. That's obivously, UPS is very very warying with anyone about benfits.

Myself, I work for UPS for two years. Am soooo happy with benefits. Feel so much secure with it. Last April, UPS benfits paid a total of $5,000 for one ganglion cyst removal from my right middle finger. Surgery take about 45 minutes. I paid nothing at all!!!

About Union, that is very true. Very impossible for get fired for any reason except stealing. Sadly, too many people quit from UPS for various reasons. Thanks to co-workers for call-in and tardiness so I can work more time and earn $$$$.

No marriage, no benefits are sounds too aggressive, that's not fair to single like me. :(

Health is BIGGEST issue in USA then we need insurance to protect us, same goes to single.

For me, I will REFUSE to marry to female, I'm not goddamn straight.

I'm proud to be 100% gay.

You can if there is union available for your job. Union costs money so once a month the union dues are deducted from the paycheck to pay the cost. Union cost varies from jobs where you work at.

Sure, thanks for info about union.

No marriage, no benefits are sounds too aggressive, that's not fair to single like me. :(

Health is BIGGEST issue in USA then we need insurance to protect us, same goes to single.

For me, I will REFUSE to marry to female, I'm not goddamn straight.

I'm proud to be 100% gay.

Yupp I am with you! It's NOT fair for gay man or lesbian woman to marry with oppose of its sex just to have insurance. Everyone DESERVE to have the health insurance, osbiviously.

And totally agree with you, even single do deserve to have the health insurance (myself preffered to be single forever).

Yupp I am with you! It's NOT fair for gay man or lesbian woman to marry with oppose of its sex just to have insurance. Everyone DESERVE to have the health insurance, osbiviously.

And totally agree with you, even single do deserve to have the health insurance (myself preffered to be single forever).

Move to canada will solve my problem.

Hello Banjo, see you soon. :D

Move to canada will solve my problem.

Hello Banjo, see you soon. :D

I understand how you feel. Canada offers freedom for GLBT people. Unforunately, Canada doesn't provide an equal right for the Deaf yet. :( I hope Canada will improve soon. By the way, Canada doesn't have good healthcare system since they're free to everyone in Canada. It has no competition for doctors to become better ones like we have in USA. Of course both USA and Canada have pros and cons.

That is called Domestic Partnership. That is different story. Domestic Partnership and Marriage are different situations. Are you really sure that UPS is also excluded straight couples?

Doesnt really matter if it is Domestic Partnership or not Metro the problem is if your not married most companies will say no benefits to the unmarried partner. Some UPS I do know will exclude unmarried straight couples as well. Im not saying all UPS is like that but some do. Not every single one is the same. And its not only UPS that has these *rules*. Many companies besides UPS will say no marraige no benefits. Im sorry if it sounds prejudiced or anything but I cant see how saying that would be anti-GBLT only. When it does affect millions of straight couples that arent married.

Many straight couples do not wish to get married out of fear of divorce. This rule is also not fair to them. why should marraige be forced upon anyone, simply so that they may be able to afford to live? I can understand how it would be cheaper on the company, but is it really our job to make things cheaper for them? Or is it our job to say hey, we work for you, we give you our valuable time. So therefore proper compensation packages that are with the times now is due us.

UPS now delivering gay benefits package

UPS now delivering gay benefits package

This from Good As you. [GAY]
Despite initially denying health benefits to the "civil-unioned" partner of a New Jersey-based lesbian employee, the United Parcel Service has re-reviewed their policies and determined that they can offer benefits to all gay couples who have been "civil-unioned" in the Garden State:

Check out the rest of the story, from Good As You.

UPS now delivering gay benefits package: Good As You

Last edited:
Back