UPS To Gays: No Marriage No Benefits

BUCK

Reaction score
The story from 365gay.com The daily gay newspaper online [ UPS To Gays: No Marriage No Benefits ]
Gay News From 365Gay.com

(Trenton, New Jersey) Despite a New Jersey Supreme Court ruling that same-sex couples must have the same benefits as married couples, and a state law creating civil unions to comply with the ruling United Parcel Service says it will not provide health and insurance benefits to the civil unioned partners of its workers in the state

It looks like i will be shipping things by the US post office from now on.
No more shipping by UPS. and i live in illinois

How not to post a post!

How not to post a post!

This afternoon I posted the UPS story.

I get a half a hour to eat, and I spent 15 mins to eat.
I just got back from the café and I logged onto the net and started looking at the blogs, I like and the gay news sites. When I seen the UPS story I thought to post about it

I was going to post more then what the news story had, but when I looked and seen the time I was over my lunch time, so I highlighted what I had put down and hit delete, and save real fast then logged off the net. Well when I got home I see that I missed a line.

How not to post a post!
1. don’t post on your lunch hour.
2. Keep a eye on the time.
3. Before posting make sure when you hit delete, make sure all of what you was looking to get ride of is highlighted, don’t miss some thing.

No more shipping by UPS. and i live in illinois, And we are waiting on a civil union type bill to pass in this state, i just hope that whats going on in New Jersey will not happen in ILL.

Last edited:
The story from 365gay.com The daily gay newspaper online [ UPS To Gays: No Marriage No Benefits ]
Gay News From 365Gay.com

It looks like i will be shipping things by the US post office from now on.
No more shipping by UPS. and i live in illinois

It's very diffcult to get shipping after you order something from online then you have get life with UPS.

Numerous of store online like Best Buy are exclusive to UPS but FedEx isn't available.

You have options to stop order from online anymore.

After happened then I'm still order UPS to shipping when order from online store, though.

Work at UPS aren't better than wal-fart, Best Buy or other store department, not just for benefit but policies are much stricter and easier to get fired.

So sorry i ment my shipping by UPS i will use the post office to ship things, it's slower but it gets there. with no trouble.

No wonder big businesses are shipped to oversea for cheap labor.

We Americans are too expensive to hire.

I don't know what the big deal is... People complain that gay marriages will end in divorce. Well, 50% of straight marriages do, so get over it. I think anyone should have the right to divorce ;)

But yeah, I'm gonna put UPS on my no-no list now.

I don't know what the big deal is... People complain that gay marriages will end in divorce. Well, 50% of straight marriages do, so get over it. I think anyone should have the right to divorce ;)

But yeah, I'm gonna put UPS on my no-no list now.

It's actually in bible belt, more than 50%.

Bible belt region is in southeast USA.

After happened then I'm still order UPS to shipping when order from online store, though.

Work at UPS aren't better than wal-fart, Best Buy or other store department, not just for benefit but policies are much stricter and easier to get fired.

You're full of shit. UPS is known to have one of the best benefit packages available to its employees, and because of union protection, its damn near impossible to get fired.

UPS is known to have one of the best benefit packages available to its employees, and because of union protection, its damn near impossible to get fired.

That sucks that they have such a great bennie package and union, but they are zero tolerance on same-sex couples. It is obviously an issue for them to allow bennies for same-sex couples. Their way of weaseling out of it is to require a marriage license. Where in the US will they give same-sex couples the right to marry? NOWHERE. So, end of story. Less for them to dish out.

You're full of shit. UPS is known to have one of the best benefit packages available to its employees, and because of union protection, its damn near impossible to get fired.

Hell no, UPS has strict policy on tardies and arrive to work, such as fail to call in or unable to work due bad weather then would be in termination or something, that what my co-workers told me, though.

I'm not talking about benefit, you are misunderstood my post.

Hell no, UPS has strict policy on tardies and arrive to work, such as fail to call in or unable to work due bad weather then would be in termination or something, that what my co-workers told me, though.

I'm not talking about benefit, you are misunderstood my post.

Either your friend is misinformed or he is lying. The Teamster's union is notorious for fighting to keep UPSers jobs. I know this from experience. I worked for UPS for two years. Half the employees no call, no show at least once or twice a week. Some won't even show up for weeks, and their jobs are no where near in jeopardy. So I stand behind my original statement: Your statement is bullshit.

Either your friend is misinformed or he is lying. The Teamster's union is notorious for fighting to keep UPSers jobs. I know this from experience. I worked for UPS for two years. Half the employees no call, no show at least once or twice a week. Some won't even show up for weeks, and their jobs are no where near in jeopardy. So I stand behind my original statement: Your statement is bullshit.

Excuse me, I don't appreciate that.

Don't blame on me, just go blame on co-worker at my store.

That sucks that they have such a great bennie package and union, but they are zero tolerance on same-sex couples. It is obviously an issue for them to allow bennies for same-sex couples. Their way of weaseling out of it is to require a marriage license. Where in the US will they give same-sex couples the right to marry? NOWHERE. So, end of story. Less for them to dish out.

but... UPS does offers benefit for single? I means not married.

I think it is so...

Guido, for honest, at first, I always thought UPS is best place to work, even better than Target, Wal-fart or other retail store until one of co-worker told me about bad thing on UPS, that make me to hard to believe that what he said then I decided to posted it until you found my post and called BS, it wasn't directly to my thought. I had found that you used to worked at UPS for 2 years then I started to believe what you said. Almost none of employees at my workplace are my best friend, some of them are make fun of me to being deaf and I don't like that.

I'm apologize for brought up about bad thing on UPS but I'm supposed not to mention it until someone who used to work at UPS before like you did.

I do not know about this. Many of us do not have union so we are screw if we done wrong and we get fired. Only those who are belong to union then they are safe.

I have a something to tell you: you knew, it is unfair to gay couples in other states that doesn't have a gay marriage for benefits or
gay person can't get a benefits, I feel bad for them. If they were
union and can easily get fired, though. What mean for this word "union" for
that is for benefits or making a gain earn money, that is right? I am dunno.
By the way, I wish for gay couples can get a benefits from UPS. :(

But, I glad I am not having to be requiring a paying for my health
insurance that is seem so expensive, because I have least more than
one disabilities so I don't need benefits.

I do not know about this. Many of us do not have union so we are screw if we done wrong and we get fired. Only those who are belong to union then they are safe.

Yup, that's true.

Wal-fart is strongly anti-union, eek...

Back