UPS Settles Suit With Deaf Employees

SilenceGold said:
*BUMP*

I've been waiting for your answer, pimpdaddyposse! :p
Yeah! What's your answer?

pimpdaddyposse said:
I just answered it... above your previous posting...
Sorry, my bad. I just posted after you posted. Anyway, that sounds bad!

VamPyroX said:
Sorry, my bad. I just posted after you posted. Anyway, that sounds bad!
oh it's no problem, it happen to me sometime though...good day

Strange...All union workers should have the same rights in any ways to meet their accomadations. Boeing is wide known here in Seattle to recieve best possiblities. Athought, in the recent years, they have done strikes, lay offs, and dealt with sues or whatever. Well, after all, we're still screaming for our rights. We deaf people are doing the same thing.

Sabrina said:
After the rebuff over a promotion, Ms. Robichaud said, she decided she would "stop giving 150 percent." "I had the willingness to do whatever it took to move up," she said. "And then someone says, `No matter what you do, no matter what you put in, you're not going to go anywhere.' How would that make you feel?"

I know exactly how that feels all too well! I had to put up with 3 jobs with managers like that.

Job One: I was denied promotion to cashier. I asked the manager why and she said it is because I am a health risk to the employees and customers if I become a cashier. They based that on how would a Deaf employee handle a armed robbery at the store.

Job Two: I was fired along with all of the Spanish coworkers. The reason?? Just because the supervisor got tired of trying to communicate with me and other employees. He has a mustache and I couldn't lipread, and he doesn't understand Spanish.

Job Three: I found out from a coworker that the regional supervisor wanted me fired the day after I was hired! I didn't know about this until after they fired me 1 1/2 years later. I was fired simply because they don't want a Deaf employee asking to become a manager.

That's why I think hearing people should pay for SSI taxes because they don't keep Deaf peeps employed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Deaf258 said:
That's why I think hearing people should pay for SSI taxes because they don't keep Deaf peeps employed!

EXACTLY !!! I feel ya going thru the same thing
with too many obstacles.

I am new to the forum.

VamPyroX said:
Class member of what?

I should have clicked reply for the message. I am one of UPS employee. I work UPS four years.

Oh, okay... I'm gonna merge this thread with the appropriate thread.

Mod Note:
Thread merged with original thread. :thumb:

That's why I think hearing people should pay for SSI taxes because they don't keep Deaf peeps employed![/QUOTE]

I totally agreed with you. It is mostly hearing people's fault that deaf people dont have a good job. Also they dont want to help deaf school to be good school with good education. Like they should keep blind and deaf in seperate school. They shouldnt go together. If there are good education school everywhere for deaf as good as hearing school. Then it would be much easier for deaf people to go to college and have good job. Hearing people waste deaf people's life with suck education school and non-hiring deaf people. I have had a lot of problem with companies because of my deafies too. So we deaf people deserve SSI and SSDI.

Carolyn said:
I should have clicked reply for the message. I am one of UPS employee. I work UPS four years.

I was former UPS employee and had send me for sue lawsuit package. I fill up and wait til now I got this letter and check... seems interesting! Deaf has right to sue UPS for discrimination about driver or manager, whetever they wanted to be.

goodness few weeks ago I received a fat check from the attorney that's against UPS... anyway got a fat money and paid off my debts :mrgreen:

pimpdaddyposse said:
goodness few weeks ago I received a fat check from the attorney that's against UPS... anyway got a fat money and paid off my debts :mrgreen:

$1 million dollars? :naughty: Gimme moola, so I can pay off my damn college loans. :deal: just kidding. LOANS :rl:

one of my friend who used to work at UPS got HUGE CHECK from them!!! seesh i'm JEALOUS!

pimpdaddyposse said:

Yes it is!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: hehe I got one too!

DeafSCUBA98 said:
one of my friend who used to work at UPS got HUGE CHECK from them!!! seesh i'm JEALOUS!
You sure your friend got the check for the right reasons? I've heard of deaf employees who were treated fairly, but they take advantage of the lawsuit and ask for more money. Where's the honor in that? I have a few friends who worked for UPS and they tell me that it's one of the best jobs that they ever had cuz everyone is friendly, they even have ASL workshops from time to time so that they can communicate with my friends. Like I said, for some people... it's probably bullshit.

UPS workers are fine and friendly but some were not allow for us like be manager or driver... that is why - i have no complains but got my good credit for my complain about crime and hire me as wrong postition. that is worth it to get my FAT check :)

MizzDeaf said:
UPS workers are fine and friendly but some were not allow for us like be manager or driver... that is why - i have no complains but got my good credit for my complain about crime and hire me as wrong postition. that is worth it to get my FAT check :)
Did you ask them why they won't let you be manager or driver?

Back