UPDATE: Desktop snap

Due to a format of my harddrive -- have put up a different picture. :)

Attachments

• Resize of Capture.jpg
    Resize of Capture.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 63
I WANT THAT WATERRATS! do u have one in rainbow? hehe u know me and my rainbow freakness!

LinuxGold said:
About Linux, the Linux itself is the UNIX-clone free Operating System. The direct competitor to Microsoft's Servers/Workstations. Linux can come in different flavors -- varying on how the directory tree, services and so on was designed.

Redhat is Linux, created by Redhat company to meet customer's specific needs.

There are another companies i.e.:

Slackware
Debian
Suse
etc...

There are SOOOO many different things that can come in Linux's desktop, depending on windowmanager (KDE, gnome, Enlightenment, WindowMaker etc...) and it doesn't matter whether it is Redhat or whatever.

Can you read? :P This is a thread for posting images of what YOUR DESKTOP looks like! Who cares about little bitty info?? If you are saying Linux has diffy looks, please post which ones are you using?

javapride said:
I WANT THAT WATERRATS! do u have one in rainbow? hehe u know me and my rainbow freakness!

:rofl: Well, you can do a search -- Google it and maybe you'll find a rainbow desktop you like. ;)

Deaf258, I was wondering the same thing -- couldnt' see anything of what the linux looks like -- :confused:

I wish I did that, but I got it from www.gfxartist.com. My job, maybe you haven't heard of this job title, it is mapping technician. My job description is to receive the data from the satellite that take pictures of the lands.

hey you guys have awesome desktop!!!

kuifje75--- ooo i love that.. its like nature that people polluted..

lasza!!! looks like jawbreakers.. (drools) lol love that rainbow color too! far out.. something different than common signs.. ya know what i am talking about ... hehe..

Waterrats!! love that mountain! with cloud around it.. ooo.. spooky! :)

Deaf258---- *kick* your butt.. change something awesome makes you *perks* lol.. :) like you said its boring. unboring then!

*huggs*

screen.jpg

I use two monitors at once for the same HD.. more desktop space for me! The pic is an unedited digital photo I took of the local fjord near my home just this recent summer.

I dont have status bar showing at the bottom since I use auto hide. heh heh... optimized, that's me.

Last edited:
erm...how did u guys put desktop in here??

I'm computer illiterate :o

I'm still learning though :P

Hm...it depends on if you have a picture viewer/editor like ACDSee 5.0 -- it'll take a snapshot of your desktop. There's another way with MSWord2000 -- using 'Print Screen SysRq' button. (it's on the keyboard)

After you've done the snapshot, you'll need to resize the photo and attach it when you do a new reply -- 'manage attachments' that's where you can attach a photo you've saved on your hard drive. :)

ah just press CTRL + Print Screen/Sys Rq... no special program needed for this
Then open any photo program... create new file ( CTRL + N), then paste ( CTRL + V).. voila! remma to resize it lol

New desktop....:lol:

Java I know you'll drool over this and go green with envy :lol:

Attachments

• Resize of Resize of desktop1.jpg
    Resize of Resize of desktop1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 31
WaterRats13 said:
New desktop....:lol:

Java I know you'll drool over this and go green with envy :lol:
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I WANT THAT PUTA HOW did U GET THAT??:??? ARGHHHHHHHHHH :bash: on the desktop ARGHH I NOW am going to TRY this again!

AKWDJhoerhqi at u waterats IM soo ENVY!

Hope this works :-X

here's my Desktop this is my Screen name also in my AOL, don't berate me for being on assholeonline :)

( took me forever to do this JEEZ!) finally figured a way out :)

Attachments

• krazymochadt2.jpg
    krazymochadt2.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 31
eek SOWWY for it being huge MY bad I was attempting to resize it Sigh why do i always have a snafu???

by the way i credit jams aka pinkster for her making this in feb :) thanks JAMS ur heaven sent! I LOVE this!

Last edited:
Back