unknown pregnancy

SkullChick

Reaction score
I'm curious if you know anyone that didnt know they were pregnant until baby popped out of the body? I do, my fiance's cousin had baby girl she didnt know she was pregnant until severe cramps so her mother took her to hospital and nurse told her shes having baby and she said 'what? no im not" then had baby she was shocked and next day she decided to keep baby, she was 5 pound and today shes i think 8 month old now, very fiesty and ahead of the game in development she probably will be walking in few months.

she didnt know because she didnt gain weight she lost weight so it looked like she didnt lose any weight but really it was baby weight and she was on bc and have spotting so she thought it was period and she didnt have any symptoms or feel kicking so she didnt know....

so does it ever happened to you before or know someone that did?

just curiousity lol

odd.... you know it's hard to not notice a huge preggie belly lol

I have heard of it. But I think it is often although not always, teenagers in denial because they don't want to believe it is possible.

Whenever I hear these stories, it makes me wonder if these people are simply in denial.

Seriously, there are a lot of things that can happen when you're pregnant.

If you're not gaining/losing weight, but your body appearance changes abnormally... then that's a red flag.

If your period stopped, that's a red flag.

If you've had morning sickness and/or mood swings, that's a red flag.

If you've had unusual food cravings, that's a red flag.

That's a lot of red flags that shouldn't have been overlooked.

I remember reading an article about this guy whose girlfriend suddenly gave birth. She kept saying that she didn't understand how it happened. The boyfriend was supportive cuz he kept thinking it was a miracle considering how they had never had sex. :eek:

Oh yea I have heard of it. My best friend is 'one' of them but she found out she was pregnant till she was about 7 months along. She went like :shock: :eek3: but she was glad to have only one. As long as her daughter is healthy. She'll be 14 in April! :eek3:

Yikes...but it's hard to believe that CAN happen....When I got pregnant, it was very noticeable, I had a huge freakin belly and my son was always kicking me! lol

I remember reading an article about this guy whose girlfriend suddenly gave birth. She kept saying that she didn't understand how it happened. The boyfriend was supportive cuz he kept thinking it was a miracle considering how they had never had sex. :eek:

I agree, A lot of red flags would be right there to notice the difference.

Also, another red flag would be - the hormones hence, the mood swings during the pregnancy.

Uh, Say what? A miracle? WTF? Seriously, How twisted can this get when one can get pregnant when they have never had sex? Sheesh. I'm sorry, I find this amusing but at the same time, I'm shaking my head on this one, haha.

Uh, Say what? A miracle? WTF? Seriously, How twisted can this get when one can get pregnant when they have never had sex? Sheesh. I'm sorry, I find this amusing but at the same time, I'm shaking my head on this one, haha.

Simple: :lol: IT'S JESUS! :lol:

odd.... you know it's hard to not notice a huge preggie belly lol

true, my friend from germany did not know yet, that she is in 5 month pregnant. strange!!! she took wrong time one BC pills. her doctor told about BC, maybe it work or not, then she should take another BC pills. she felt more weight. so, it weird and waiting to get PMS. it is still not coming, so she was going to female doc and check it out.
the doc said, congratulation you got baby. She was like :shock: and look at her belly. she is not slim, chubby.
her son is healthy, but her pregnancy was in 5 month and drunk some alcohol, when she was in Deaflympics in Denmark.

-jiro
I know its odd but she didn't gain any weight she have big hips so I've seen her before she gave birth her tummy was normal only tiny pooch like she always had it.

And not all women experiences symptoms like morning sickness, kicking, food craving, no period.
I've heard many women had period-like spotting through pregnancy no food craving, no morning sickess. But most of them have obvious bump so they knew except steph (fiance's niece) she didn't have any bump at all. Very strange lol

Thank god I'm skinny so I'd notice lol

This reminds me of an article I read years ago when I was in high school.

There was this girl who was doing a science project on eating healthy food and junk food.

She had one girl eat junk food and another girl eat healthy food.

The girl who ate junk food never gained weight.

The girl who ate healthy gained weight.

It turns out that the girl who was eating junk food... had high metabolism. She was burning calories so fast that she never really gained weight from all of that sugar.

As for the girl who was eating healthy food, she was pregnant. So, she was gaining weight the right way.

So, the experiment was a bust. ;)

Oh, yes. I suggest you ask ultrasound techs. They do have stories to tell. Ultrasound tech told me lots of stories when ladies find out that they're pregnant. Some even accused her of lying! She goes," See that? You're having a baby!" She loves her job. *grin*

Whenever I hear these stories, it makes me wonder if these people are simply in denial.

Seriously, there are a lot of things that can happen when you're pregnant.

If you're not gaining/losing weight, but your body appearance changes abnormally... then that's a red flag.

If your period stopped, that's a red flag.

If you've had morning sickness and/or mood swings, that's a red flag.

If you've had unusual food cravings, that's a red flag.

If you're not gaining/losing weight, but your body appearance changes abnormally... then that's a red flag. Not unless you're overweight, they couldn't tell whether they're pregnant or simply overweight

If your period stopped, that's a red flag. Well, some may have irregular period or none at all, it's hard to tell whether they're pregnant.

If you've had morning sickness and/or mood swings, that's a red flag. some pregnant women don't even have morning sickness at all.

If you've had unusual food cravings, that's a red flag. That applies to women who are going through PMS, it doesn't make any difference.

That is very difficult to know whether they're pregnant or not. However that situation is fairly rare though.

If you're not gaining/losing weight, but your body appearance changes abnormally... then that's a red flag. Not unless you're overweight, they couldn't tell whether they're pregnant or simply overweight

If your period stopped, that's a red flag. Well, some may have irregular period or none at all, it's hard to tell whether they're pregnant.

If you've had morning sickness and/or mood swings, that's a red flag. some pregnant women don't even have morning sickness at all.

If you've had unusual food cravings, that's a red flag. That applies to women who are going through PMS, it doesn't make any difference.

That is very difficult to know whether they're pregnant or not. However that situation is fairly rare though.

You're right... but if ALL of those listed didn't happen, that's definitely a red flag.

You're right... but if ALL of those listed didn't happen, that's definitely a red flag.

Yes but that poses a problem since they are NOT aware. How are they supposed to know unless they go to the dr for a regular check up to find out they are pregnant. Usually some found out they're pregnant during the regular check up from their primary doctors, not OB/GYN.

Yes but that poses a problem since they are NOT aware. How are they supposed to know unless they go to the dr for a regular check up to find out they are pregnant. Usually some found out they're pregnant during the regular check up from their primary doctors, not OB/GYN.
We should know our own bodies. If our bodies suddenly change when we don't change, then that's a sign of something different going on.

Hmm... suddenly overweight, period suddenly stops but still eat like you're having your period ('PMSing'), etc... that's definitely a problem.

When a person doesn't have her period for at least 2 months straight, then she should see a doctor. I know a few people who had that problem. Turned out to be ovarian cysts, being pregnant, or a few other reasons. At least, they knew to see a doctor.

Back