Universal Health Care

Do you think there should be Universal Health Care?

• Yes

Votes: 34 55.7%
  • No

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • Don't know

Votes: 12 19.7%

• Total voters
i rather for someone who works that need to have health insurnace!! it encourages people to work more than being stay home. most people wants health insurance. so get their butts back to work when they are not in serious health.

i rather for someone who works that need to have health insurnace!! it encourages people to work more than being stay home. most people wants health insurance. so get their butts back to work when they are not in serious health.

Not all workplace has health insurance, even some workplaces don't have good or overpriced health insurance either.

If you are hearing and don't have any disability status then you would nothing to get anything to make money, just no money to support life.

IMHO, having a tax backed UHC would break the back of our US economy whereas you can kiss the United States of America goodbye. Hello, UN takeover.

Yiz

Several workplaces only offer contractual positions meaning the employees wont get health insurance. It should be a crime.

Self-employed people don't get company health insurance.

As a private practice terp, I don't get health insurance from any of my clients. Some of my clients are contractual long-term relationships, some are just one-time or infrequent relationships. But none of them provide insurance, and I certainly don't expect it from them.

Actually, making health insurance the responsibility of the government, and thereby giving the government power to reel in out-of-control HMOs and pharmaceutical companies, will take a lot of financial burden off many businesses, especially small business owners, which can only HELP the economy.

Self-employed people don't get company health insurance.

As a private practice terp, I don't get health insurance from any of my clients. Some of my clients are contractual long-term relationships, some are just one-time or infrequent relationships. But none of them provide insurance, and I certainly don't expect it from them.

I was referring the private and public sector where they offer those who are grandfathered in health insurance but the new employees contractual to avoid paying for the costs associated with health insurance. I do no agree to this practice. Most people cant afford to buy health insurance. I have been there before and I had to go two years without health insurance.

I was referring the private and public sector where they offer those who are grandfathered in health insurance but the new employees contractual to avoid paying for the costs associated with health insurance. I do no agree to this practice. Most people cant afford to buy health insurance. I have been there before and I had to go two years without health insurance.
I would actually support separating health insurance from employers. That health insurance is not cheap for your employer either and really, you're still paying for it. That's part of your compensation package and if that weren't there, the salary part would be higher. The reason employers commonly do that is because they get tax breaks on health insurance but not salary.

There are several advantages to separating health insurance from employers. One major one is that if people have to buy their own health insurance directly from insurers, they can switch jobs more easily without having to worry about losing their insurance.

Does wal mart want everyone to require to obtain the health insurance?

If so then I'm very opposing because I never satisfy with option of health insurance from wal mart due price and prefer to sticking with government sponsored health program to cut my cost.

No way to mandatory health insurance to everyone.

maybe govt's health care would control certainly whatever they want to make sure they're not fat.

"You better see doctor and accept their recommend to exercise or no health care for you!"

maybe govt's health care would control certainly whatever they want to make sure they're not fat.

"You better see doctor and accept their recommend to exercise or no health care for you!"

Not happen in Germany, Japan or UK, you are just on your own risk.

I would actually support separating health insurance from employers. That health insurance is not cheap for your employer either and really, you're still paying for it. That's part of your compensation package and if that weren't there, the salary part would be higher. The reason employers commonly do that is because they get tax breaks on health insurance but not salary.

There are several advantages to separating health insurance from employers. One major one is that if people have to buy their own health insurance directly from insurers, they can switch jobs more easily without having to worry about losing their insurance.

It's nice idea, having dedicated health insurance is great idea and no need to worry if you lose the job, I would like to seeking for affordable dedicated health insurance and government help maybe required to make affordable.

It's nice idea, having dedicated health insurance is great idea and no need to worry if you lose the job, I would like to seeking for affordable dedicated health insurance and government help maybe required to make affordable.
All the government would need to do is transfer the tax breaks from corporations to individuals. Your company may stop offering you health insurance, but they would have to raise your salary an equivalent amount to keep you there. After all, you're worth what you're worth. Companies don't offer health care to be charitable.

When people have to choose between all possible options rather than just the few their job provided, they're more likely to shop around and compare prices, not only between insurance companies, but also doctors. Creating competition is the way to go.

Other than that, there's not a whole lot the government can do directly to decrease costs. They can institute tort reform which would require spitting in the faces of the trial lawyers, one of the Democrat party's major constituencies. It's amazing how much waste goes into avoiding lawsuits (unnecessary testing, increased prices of medical equipment, invisible costs of companies pulling out of markets because the danger of lawsuits is too high). They can also lessen restrictions on drug tests, health insurance mandates, etc.

Really, most of what they can do involves pulling themselves out of the market. Think about it. If we already have an inefficient system, how will piling government bureaucracies on top of it make it more efficient? Bureaucracies are not exactly models of efficiency.

Actually, making health insurance the responsibility of the government, and thereby giving the government power to reel in out-of-control HMOs and pharmaceutical companies, will take a lot of financial burden off many businesses, especially small business owners, which can only HELP the economy.

. . . and who would know our health care better than the government, huh, Alex? A government that can't balance its own budget wants to step in and dictate my healthcare. :roll:

When Hell freezes over, pal!

I believe there should be universal healthcare for sure. However, I have lived both in Canada and in the U.S. (maryland) and I find that even thought you do pay alot more vs us (i live in ottawa, on canda now) your wait times and hospitals are overall alot better than ours. For example, I do cheerleading and gymnastics...whenever I got hurt, which was often enough, or had to go to the hospital for anything, I never waited more than 20 minutes EVER to get into a room. Here in Canada, our wait times to get out of the waiting room and into a room are ridiculous! I once waited 6 hrs to get into a room and I'm asthmatic and was misdiagnosed with pneumonia. It was ridiculous...i think the least amount of time I've waited in an ER waiting room in Canada was at least an an hour. I won't even begin to talk about wait times for MRI, CT's, etc.

Yep, very good point. The wait times here are just way out of wack. And you've definitely got it right with the MRI's a CT's. My dad is head of the department that runs CTs at a hospital and the wait times are usually 6 months to a year. Well some people don't have that long... they might have 6 months or a year to LIVE. Luckily anyone who knows my dad usually gets in within a week or a couple days (he has to do the scheduling, so it's perfect). It pays to know people. :)

true that! If I recall correctly, my work is paying about $5,000 (along with some deduction from my salary) for my health/dental/vision insurances as part of benefit package.

I actually prefer a straightforward pay - just pay me for my work and that's it. For other stuff such as insurance, I'll get it myself. simple as that. no problem. That's why I do not believe in income tax. The government needs to rework their tax incentive and tax breaks regarding health insurance.

true that! If I recall correctly, my work is paying about $5,000 (along with some deduction from my salary) for my health/dental/vision insurances as part of benefit package.

I actually prefer a straightforward pay - just pay me for my work and that's it. For other stuff such as insurance, I'll get it myself. simple as that. no problem. That's why I do not believe in income tax. The government needs to rework their tax incentive and tax breaks regarding health insurance.

Okay. What if you get a layoff and how does this work for you? What about if your wife is pregnancy that needs to take care of at a hospital?

Okay. What if you get a layoff and how does this work for you? What about if your wife is pregnancy that needs to take care of at a hospital?

1. be smart with your money and create a saving account
2. I'm sure there will be a government assistance program
3. i'm sure after all these reforms and stuff.... the medical care will be lot cheaper than now

Back