Engine
Titan SE CC
5.6-liter DOHC 32-valve V8 engine
317 hp @ 5,200 rpm
385 lb-ft of torque @ 3,400 rpm

RAM 150
5.7 Liter Hemi V8
345hp and 375 lb-ft of torque

Don't forget the weight of the truck might be a factor why it's faster than the heavier Dodge RAM. Gear ratios and torque curve plays the role, too.

I almost bought 4X4 Durango w/ 5.7 Hemi engine. But I decided to get 2x2 Durango w/ 4.7 engine because I don't need full time AWD. Truck is heavy enuf to drive through snow and ice. I didn't have problem with it when we had snow.. I realized that I was lucky not to get one with Hemi because Durango w/ 5.7 Hemi engine requires 16 sparkplugs YIKE!! IF you don't believe me, Just check out Dodge dealership! Gas mileage is pretty much the same as 4.7 L.

Catty

I almost bought 4X4 Durango w/ 5.7 Hemi engine. But I decided to get 2x2 Durango w/ 4.7 engine because I don't need full time AWD. Truck is heavy enuf to drive through snow and ice. I didn't have problem with it when we had snow.. I realized that I was lucky not to get one with Hemi because Durango w/ 5.7 Hemi engine requires 16 sparkplugs YIKE!! IF you don't believe me, Just check out Dodge dealership! Gas mileage is pretty much the same as 4.7 L.

Catty

I'm aware that new hemi engine uses 2 spark plug per cylinder, hence the high horsepower/torque ratings.

I'm aware that new hemi engine uses 2 spark plug per cylinder, hence the high horsepower/torque ratings.

Hemi on Durango have more pulling power than my Durango. Nearly 10k lbs comparing to mine 7,400 lbs (4X4 durango pulls at 7,200 lbs because it's AWD and power from engine transfer to all 4 wheels weakens it)

Catty

Hemi on Durango have more pulling power than my Durango. Nearly 10k lbs comparing to mine 7,400 lbs (4X4 durango pulls at 7,200 lbs because it's AWD and power from engine transfer to all 4 wheels weakens it)

Catty

Nice! You have a strong towing ability with your durango.

Catty

so you have a boat since u always wear a captain hat, correct ? :)

Back