Ugh What s wrong with my truck!!!

Phillips,

Wow the truck of yours is huge. Hopefully your truck issues will be sorted. *fingers crossed*

Dodge = Drips Oil Drops Grease everywhere

I had similar issue with my uncle's F-150 truck in last 2 month ago but different situation, I was drove to work for overnight until around morning then get out and start the truck and it won't run the engine the I called my uncle to get fixed but no lucky but he thought it was battery issue and it's not right after tried to replacing the new battery then won't work and end to towed to auto shop and found starter is bad then replaced into new starter.

My john deere tractor won't start after winter over (not use it for almost 3 months) So I found lot problem was battery died, bad fuel filter and fuel pump.

First, it won't start then recharger the battery. Engine got stalled, replace fuel filter. Engine got started then stop. Replace the fuel pump. Engine start and smooth. Just spend less than 1 hour. Thank god, John Deere part seller is only 5min away from my home.

If you are having hard time starting, Did you check sparkplugs?

Most of the time, Auto shop or Dealers put in cheap sparkplugs that last 3,400 miles and pockets rest of money.. I usually buy Bosch Platuim sparkplugs (regular platuim tip) that last 20,000 miles. I replaced sparkplugs on my 05' Dodge Durango and was freaked out that old sparkplugs had not been replaced since it was new. Sparkplugs had corrosion/rust on it's bolt and worn tip (I bought USED Durango last year so that's why I had corroded sparkplug). New Bosch Platuim sparkplugs fires up my truck 4.7L engine quickly and ran smoother than before. I did same on 05' Jeep Liberty (bought it when it's a 'baby', 00000.2 miles on Odo).

What area of the country are you in? Is it cold where you are?
Does it not start in the morning, but will start in the afternoon?

Your BF is right about not pressing the pedal to the floor while starting. In a fuel-injected truck, pressing the pedal will bypass the choke. If the choke is your problem, the shop may need to replace a sensor.

there is no choke on fuel injected engines...they just increase the amount of fuel, till temp sensor tell ECU that engine is warmed up..

Phillips. nope u may got spark plug control senor problem or ECM relay...just reset it by just unistall negitive cable from battery then count least 30 second then re install it .. it will crank up ..

Other word Hemi is joke and waste of gas. Dodge's non-hemi engine is better than Hemi for stable and mpg.

HEMI is a high performance V8 engine that gives you breakneck speeds when accelerating and going at top speed. It's not a joke and HEMI has been around since the '60's. Sure, it does eat gas but it gives you LOT of torque.

Is the truck diesel or gas?

Does the idea of Glow Plugs come to mind if it is diesel?

HEMI is a high performance V8 engine that gives you breakneck speeds when accelerating and going at top speed. It's not a joke and HEMI has been around since the '60's. Sure, it does eat gas but it gives you LOT of torque.

It's been around lot longer than the 1960's....developed in world war 2....
Chrysler developed their first experimental Hemi for use in the Republic P-47 fighter aircraft. The XIV-2220 engine was an inverted V16 rated at 2,500 hp (1860 kW). The P-47 was already in production with a Pratt & Whitney radial engine when the XIV-2220 flew successfully in trials in 1945 as a possible upgrade, but the war was winding down and it did not go into production. However, the exercise gave Chrysler engineers valuable research and development experience with two-valve hemi combustion chamber dynamics and parameters.

In addition to the aircraft engine, Chrysler and Continental worked together to develop the air-cooled AV-1790-5B V12 Hemi engine used in the M-47 Patton tank.

Chrysler developed their first experimental Hemi for use in the Republic P-47 fighter aircraft. The XIV-2220 engine was an inverted V16 rated at 2,500 hp (1860 kW). The P-47 was already in production with a Pratt & Whitney radial engine when the XIV-2220 flew successfully in trials in 1945 as a possible upgrade, but the war was winding down and it did not go into production. However, the exercise gave Chrysler engineers valuable research and development experience with two-valve hemi combustion chamber dynamics and parameters.

In addition to the aircraft engine, Chrysler and Continental worked together to develop the air-cooled AV-1790-5B V12 Hemi engine used in the M-47 Patton tank.

Interesting history!

mx757 Thanks for the info :thumb:

Hey do you of any reliable links for that info?

I would like to read more into it. :smoking:

Sequoias, Here is a link for some history of the Hemi engines Hemi History

Yes, Hemi used good for racer from 60's then stop make at 70's (I think) then make Hemi again around 90's.

I don't see any point that's American have around speed limits 80mph but who will go more than 160mph with Hemi engine? 0-60mph sec is awful.

Car and Driver:
Titan SE CC: 6.9 sec
Hemi QC: 7.1 sec
F150 XLT 5.4: 8.9 sec

Automobile magazine:
Titan LE CC: 7.8 sec
Hemi Laramie QC: 7.9 sec
F150 SuperCrew lariat: 9.4 sec

MotorTrend(truck of the year test):
Titan SE CC: 7.2 sec
Dodge SRT Ram: 4.8 sec (Hemi Reg Cab tested previously: 6.8 sec)
F150 SuperCrew lariat: 8.4 sec

TruckWorld.com:
Titan SE CC 4x4: 7.4 sec
Hemi Laramie QC 4x4: 8.2 sec
F150 SupCrew XLT 4x4: 9.1 sec

Thank for sharing the story.

Yes, Hemi used good for racer from 60's then stop make at 70's (I think) then make Hemi again around 90's.

I don't see any point that's American have around speed limits 80mph but who will go more than 160mph with Hemi engine? 0-60mph sec is awful.

Car and Driver:
Titan SE CC: 6.9 sec
Hemi QC: 7.1 sec
F150 XLT 5.4: 8.9 sec

Automobile magazine:
Titan LE CC: 7.8 sec
Hemi Laramie QC: 7.9 sec
F150 SuperCrew lariat: 9.4 sec

MotorTrend(truck of the year test):
Titan SE CC: 7.2 sec
Dodge SRT Ram: 4.8 sec (Hemi Reg Cab tested previously: 6.8 sec)
F150 SuperCrew lariat: 8.4 sec

TruckWorld.com:
Titan SE CC 4x4: 7.4 sec
Hemi Laramie QC 4x4: 8.2 sec
F150 SupCrew XLT 4x4: 9.1 sec

Nissan Titan? I had no idea that it is fast truck.

Engine
Titan SE CC
5.6-liter DOHC 32-valve V8 engine
317 hp @ 5,200 rpm
385 lb-ft of torque @ 3,400 rpm

RAM 150
5.7 Liter Hemi V8
345hp and 375 lb-ft of torque

I need vent!!!

Last week, My truck was in service for four days and find out what s wrong that sometime won't start!!! BUT They find nothing wrong with my truck :eek:

As a result, Today I was late for college class that I have hard time start my truck! .... so I have to press the gas then its will start but my boyfriend warned me Don’t touch gas while start it because my truck has fuel injection? :dunno2: So Called the Service and send truck back on this Thursday! :(:(

My truck is 2005 and only about 45K mileage :(

The best solution is to get rid of your truck. Use the bus or call the cab to give you a ride to ur school!

I haven't to take a truck to repair yet because since its seem fine!! :dunno2: :D

Back