Uggghhh!

I am am using a number 3 magnet but my audiologist will give me a number 4. It all depends on how thick your skin flap and the issue with the hair. As long you are not bruising the skin with too much magnetic force you should be okay. :fingersx:
Mine is number 4. I had 3 but fell off. So audiologist switched to number 4, it is much better.

Whats the number do u have Feisty??

I have had my coil jump to the corner of a wall where the metal corner bead is located when I'm leaning up against a wall. The only time I stick it to the Frig is to keep it off the counter. My Cat likes to make sure Gravity works and I'm afraid of what my dog would do. I normally take it off when I go outside to shovel snow since the processor makes my ear so darn cold so I stick it to the Frig. I also have trouble with my coil sticking to skin when I lay on my wifes arm or my hand for a little while.

I'm sure you have tried screwing the magnet out so it is closer to your skin. Has this helped any? It does a little for me.

Sorry, I have not had problems with my processor coming off unless the coil sticks to the corner bead or I catch the personal audio cable on something when using the XM.

Good luck and hope you are able to get this to work better.
Steve

Yeah, it's very short. I don't have much problem with it falling off - I have 2 magnet strengths - #2 and #3 and both stay on just fine but I prefer #3 just simply because I like to be able to feel the coil on my head - makes me feel more secure.

GUESS WHAT!???

i saw my audi today... i complained about the damn magnet coil falling off and all... she finally gave in! :D and gave me a #3 magnet! :hyper:

AAAHHH! MUCH BETTER! i feel it on my head and it feels more secure like you said! :thumb:

GUESS WHAT!???

i saw my audi today... i complained about the damn magnet coil falling off and all... she finally gave in! :D and gave me a #3 magnet! :hyper:

AAAHHH! MUCH BETTER! i feel it on my head and it feels more secure like you said! :thumb:

Hope it won't affect your "thinned skin" later on? :Ohno: Do keep an eye on it though.

GUESS WHAT!???

Who said complaining never solved anything? :D

How are you doing with the ear hook business? Getting any better?

GUESS WHAT!???

Finally - I am glad you are happy with #3.

Good luck. ;)

i need some of your suggestions!!! :(

my CI keeps falling out... and it is DRIVING ME UP THE WALL! :squint:

cuz i move my head a lot, lie down to watch tv, lay on my bf :)giggle:), play with my hair/move my hair, swing my hair, etc.... GRRR!

i have tried everything to keep it from falling out! :ugh3:
such as clipping the coil wire with a clip, barretts, even used double sided tape which i detested cuz it made it very uncomfy cuz it pulls my hair when i take it out to adjust the S/V :( or it just feels like i am stuck into something :lol:... then she gave me a pack of MIC LOCK... but for some reason it just won't stay on or doesn't feel right (maybe i am not putting it on right? but the problem is, my ear boop doesn't feel comfy and it is already making a fooking line on the bottom of my ear boop where my earrings are! :squint: and also it slips off and at one time i found it on the floor! :ugh3:

so how do you guys deal with it/put up with this? any suggestions??? :fingersx:

EDIT: sometimes i get so paranoid when i am out of the apt cuz i am afraid of losing it since i don't always feel it "glued/magneted" to my head! :(

Like I suggested, wrap something around your head with a bandage or a turban or something like that to keep your device in place. :giggle:

GUESS WHAT!???

YAY! :applause:

GUESS WHAT!???

Great news!

And as for the concern about your skin your audiologist will be checking that area every time you go for a map. You can also self check for any sign of soreness.

Great news!

And as for the concern about your skin your audiologist will be checking that area every time you go for a map. You can also self check for any sign of soreness.

thanks! :)

what do i look for in between my mappings? so i can make sure the skin doesn't get worn out or something that will freak katziepoo out! :D

i don't go back until the 19th! :shock: as she will be "sunbathing" and playing golf out in the wild west-- while i freeze my ass off here! :squint:

So glad to hear you got a stronger magnet. Hope that solves your problems!!

FiestyChick... you should pm Bear.. she has same problem with magnet... it wont stays on her head.... her hair is long... she told me alst wek she is thinking about getting her air cut short... I strongly suspected it was all about magnets... You better explain to Bear

FiestyChick... you should pm Bear.. she has same problem with magnet... it wont stays on her head.... her hair is long... she told me alst wek she is thinking about getting her air cut short... I strongly suspected it was all about magnets... You better explain to Bear

who is bear? :hmm:

my hair is long too... it is kinda thick because i have a bodywave/perm... but i plan to grow it out anyway...

can you encourage her to read this thread? so she can see all of our posts? before she makes her "final and regretful" decision??? :shock:

If I remember correctly Bear has resigned from AD so she may not be able to see these posts? Also she has an AB implant and I am not 100% sure if they have different strengths of magnets the way Cochlear users do. Perhaps Boult could clarify?

I also have longish hair but tie it back in a bun at the back of my head.

thanks! :)

what do i look for in between my mappings? so i can make sure the skin doesn't get worn out or something that will freak katziepoo out! :D

i don't go back until the 19th! :shock: as she will be "sunbathing" and playing golf out in the wild west-- while i freeze my ass off here! :squint:

Just regularly feel the spot where the magnet normally sits with your fingers. You will be able to feel if it is getting tender or sore. Also another sign of a magnet that is too strong is a burning sensation in that same area.

SxyPorkie, I think Bear is no longer registered with AD.

Back