Uggghhh!

FeistyChick

Reaction score
i need some of your suggestions!!! :(

my CI keeps falling out... and it is DRIVING ME UP THE WALL! :squint:

cuz i move my head a lot, lie down to watch tv, lay on my bf :)giggle:), play with my hair/move my hair, swing my hair, etc.... GRRR!

i have tried everything to keep it from falling out! :ugh3:
such as clipping the coil wire with a clip, barretts, even used double sided tape which i detested cuz it made it very uncomfy cuz it pulls my hair when i take it out to adjust the S/V :( or it just feels like i am stuck into something :lol:... then she gave me a pack of MIC LOCK... but for some reason it just won't stay on or doesn't feel right (maybe i am not putting it on right? but the problem is, my ear boop doesn't feel comfy and it is already making a fooking line on the bottom of my ear boop where my earrings are! :squint: and also it slips off and at one time i found it on the floor! :ugh3:

so how do you guys deal with it/put up with this? any suggestions??? :fingersx:

EDIT: sometimes i get so paranoid when i am out of the apt cuz i am afraid of losing it since i don't always feel it "glued/magneted" to my head! :(

i need some of your suggestions!!! :(

my CI keeps falling out... and it is DRIVING ME UP THE WALL! :squint:

cuz i move my head a lot, lie down to watch tv, lay on my bf :)giggle:), play with my hair/move my hair, swing my hair, etc.... GRRR!

i have tried everything to keep it from falling out! :ugh3:
such as clipping the coil wire with a clip, barretts, even used double sided tape which i detested cuz it made it very uncomfy cuz it pulls my hair when i take it out to adjust the S/V :( or it just feels like i am stuck into something :lol:... then she gave me a pack of MIC LOCK... but for some reason it just won't stay on or doesn't feel right (maybe i am not putting it on right? but the problem is, my ear boop doesn't feel comfy and it is already making a fooking line on the bottom of my ear boop where my earrings are! :squint: and also it slips off and at one time i found it on the floor! :ugh3:

so how do you guys deal with it/put up with this? any suggestions??? :fingersx:

EDIT: sometimes i get so paranoid when i am out of the apt cuz i am afraid of losing it since i don't always feel it "glued/magneted" to my head! :(

Er...I'm not quite clear on what is falling off. It appears to be the CI processor itself and it won't stay on your ear. Does the magnetic coil transmitter stay on your head?

Ummm...if it is the processor, I don't know what to say as I never had trouble with that staying on. I can do the jig, move fast, play most sports with it on (assuming I'm not sweating like a mug) and all that jazz.

I have heard that you can get the ear hook to bend in a certain way using warm/hot water. Maybe that might help.

Ohhh I dunno someone's thread that Boult told this person about how to keep CI to stay on the head not sure who someone's that he posted after someone :)

k, thanks monkey girl! :D

i'll wait this out to sees if he see this thread, if not, then i will PM him! :thumb:

Last edited:
Er...I'm not quite clear on what is falling off. It appears to be the CI processor itself and it won't stay on your ear. Does the magnetic coil transmitter stay on your head?

Ummm...if it is the processor, I don't know what to say as I never had trouble with that staying on. I can do the jig, move fast, play most sports with it on (assuming I'm not sweating like a mug) and all that jazz.

I have heard that you can get the ear hook to bend in a certain way using warm/hot water. Maybe that might help.

BOTH!!! :(

i even use the longer hook because the smaller hook was bothering my ear and also made the processor fall off ... it now feels better but the processor still falls off :( - it is the same thing with the magnetic coil too :( it is just so frustrating! :(

my magnetic is #2... the audiologist won't give me a stronger magnetic because apparently my skin is TOO THIN for a stronger magnetic that the skin will break/wear out :(

how strong is your magnetic in the coil?

i even use the longer hook because the smaller hook was bothering my ear and also made the processor fall off ... it now feels better but the processor still falls off :( - it is the same thing with the magnetic coil too :( it is just so frustrating! :(

my magnetic is #2... the audiologist won't give me a stronger magnetic because apparently my skin is TOO THIN for a stronger magnetic that the skin will break/wear out :(

I use a #2 like you and it works like a charm. Have you "shaved" a little spot where the magnetic coil thing goes? The rest of your hair can go over it. The helps alot of people. I have very short hair and thus hair never is a factor for me.

As for the ear hook, try to get it (the little one maybe) to bend the way you want using warm/hot water and maybe it won't bother you as much. You do have to get used to it a little. I have a little soreness from time to time.

I use a #2 like you and it works like a charm. Have you "shaved" a little spot where the magnetic coil thing goes? The rest of your hair can go over it. The helps alot of people. I have very short hair and thus hair never is a factor for me.

As for the ear hook, try to get it (the little one maybe) to bend the way you want using warm/hot water and maybe it won't bother you as much. You do have to get used to it a little. I have a little soreness from time to time.

YOU ARE JOKING!!!??? right??? (gulps) :shock:

YOU ARE JOKING!!!??? right??? (gulps) :shock:

Er...nope. Some ladies and some guys have to do if they can't get a good attaching situation. It only has to be a little spot such that the rest of your hair goes over it easily and no one the wiser.

My magnet is the top strength #5 and I reckon I'd like it to be stronger. I have very thick hair. I would ask your audie to at least let you trial a stronger magnet but promise to regularly check the site for soreness etc.

When you said you tried double sided tape did you use the 3M surgical double sided tape? My friend who had the same problem as you tried it and she swears by it. She only puts a little underneath the processor. I tried it and it does seem to keep it on pretty well!

Er...nope. Some ladies and some guys have to do if they can't get a good attaching situation. It only has to be a little spot such that the rest of your hair goes over it easily and no one the wiser.

UH OH!??? :shock:

i have NOT ONCE HEARD any females say that THEY shave a small piece of their head where the magnetic coil "snaps" into??? :dunno:

:Ohno: i am afraid to shave a small piece of MY OWN HAIR cuz i could easily shave off a big jug of hair- ACCIDENTLY!!! :rofl: I THINK NAWT! :D unless someone that i can trust can do it in a NEAT WAY! :squint:

EDIT: another thing, when i pull my hair back, i don't want to see a "shaved" hole my head! :P

UH OH!??? :shock:

i have NOT ONCE HEARD any females say that THEY shave a small piece of their head where the magnetic coil "snaps" into??? :dunno:

:Ohno: i am afraid to shave a small piece of MY OWN HAIR cuz i could easily shave off a big jug of hair- ACCIDENTLY!!! :rofl: I THINK NAWT! :D unless someone that i can trust can do it in a NEAT WAY! :squint:

EDIT: another thing, when i pull my hair back, i don't want to see a "shaved" hole my head! :P

I haven't shaved my hair under the magnet spot but I have cut a little bit of hair away to help it stick better. It doesn't look at all obvious.

My magnet is the top strength #5 and I reckon I'd like it to be stronger. I have very thick hair. I would ask your audie to at least let you trial a stronger magnet but promise to regularly check the site for soreness etc.

When you said you tried double sided tape did you use the 3M surgical double sided tape? My friend who had the same problem as you tried it and she swears by it. She only puts a little underneath the processor. I tried it and it does seem to keep it on pretty well!

i BEGGED AND PLEADED with the audiologist until i was out of breath, trying to convince her to give me a stronger magnetic... she said NO! because as i explained in the above, my skin is too thin :(

I haven't shaved my hair under the magnet spot but I have cut a little bit of hair away to help it stick better. It doesn't look at all obvious.

please don't take this personally or as an offensive, but are you a female? it is hard to say with your handler :Oops: cuz no females EVER told me that they shaved or cut a piece of their hair??? :hmm:

Back