U. S. workers worse off

I bought a wrench for 4 dollars that made in China. I went to another store which cost 14 dollars - the exact same design tool with a different name. It also made in China.

If it is an American wrench for 6 dollars, I would buy it. I have not seen a tool that made in America. Where are U.S.A. tools now at all stores? Thanks a lot most store owners have no concern about American jobs!

It is difficult to shop for toys for my nieces and nephews. Unfortunately, almost 90% of toys are imported directly from China. Where the heck do the rest of 10% of toys go?

And because of it, we had a huge recall on toys made in China that were painted with lead based paint. It is not just an economic issue, it is an issue of health. Lead poisoning from paint does damage to a child's brain.

nah, I have met some young Mexican people, and they are very nice. They had a hard time to speak in English. They work in many restaurants all the times. They rather to do something else, but they can't because of their communication. Deaf people want to work, but some companies won't hire them because of their deafness especially their communication. The companies could be troubled with the ADA law. Isn't that correct, BradB08?

i have no sympathy for that at all. Speak english or die.

Mexicans not speaking english and deaf people not being able to communicate due to communication issues are 2 things on opposite ends of the stick. One is plain ignorance and one is plain discrimination.

Speak English or die? The more you open your mouth, the less I like you.

just because we both like the misfits doesnt mean i need new friends either.

Id explain why i said what i said, but id probaly get banned.

Oh yup, that seems little extreme after he said like way that.

Not all Mexicans are unable to speak english, many of them but not majority (means over than 50%) are currently learn to speak english, that how I was experienced when live in CA in last 2 years ago and Mexicans are cool with me.

I don't support on new immigrant law that tighten the policies and would affect to legal immigrants, it would in result to ruin their society, I prefer to stick with existing immigrant law. Not all illegal immigrants are Mexicans, even illegal immigrants aren't counted into census either.

If people have problem with them, such as unable to speak english then need leave them alone instead of being negative or bash against them.

Oh yup, that seems little extreme after he said like way that.

Not all Mexicans are unable to speak english, many of them but not majority (means over than 50%) are currently learn to speak english, that how I was experienced when live in CA in last 2 years ago and Mexicans are cool with me.

I don't support on new immigrant law that tighten the policies and would affect to legal immigrants, it would in result to ruin their society, I prefer to stick with existing immigrant law. Not all illegal immigrants are Mexicans, even illegal immigrants aren't counted into census either.

If people have problem with them, such as unable to speak english then need leave them alone instead of being negative or bash against them.

if i was an employer and they didnt speak any english, i wouldnt care how qualified they are, id never hire any. I'd like to communicate without the use of an annoying interpreter......which most companies would never hire anyway.

Double standards, eh?

So, basically, a person who cannot speak English, does not deserve an interpreter? Is that what you mean?

if i was an employer and they didnt speak any english, i wouldnt care how qualified they are, id never hire any. I'd like to communicate without the use of an annoying interpreter......which most companies would never hire anyway.

You could get in trouble for discriminate against them for not speak english or fail to offers interpreter, depends on situation of policies and requirement, many companies are multilingual, especially on retail, fast food, some restaurant, software and others.

At our job, we do have few latino employees who don't speak english, that's not big deal for me.

Most latino kids who immigrate to USA and attend at school, they have take english courses, especially on credit requirement from high school, they are required to take english courses or classes as 2nd language or they won't able to graduate with diploma, even after that, some of them have trouble to speak english very well, unlike American who raised in USA and learn to use english as first language.

Double standards, eh?

So, basically, a person who cannot speak English, does not deserve an interpreter? Is that what you mean?

he could sure, but fuck it, why deal with the hassle if he couldnt? Save yourself the trouble. He'd have to be really fucking good at what he does if i was to consider otherwise.

You could get in trouble for discriminate against them for not speak english or fail to offers interpreter, depends on situation of policies and requirement, many companies are multilingual, especially on retail, fast food, some restaurant, software and others.

At our job, we do have few latino employees who don't speak english, that's not big deal for me.

Most latino kids who immigrate to USA and attend at school, they have take english courses, especially on credit requirement from high school, they are required to take english courses or classes as 2nd language or they won't able to graduate with diploma, even after that, some of them have trouble to speak english very well, unlike American who raised in USA and learn to use english as first language.

now see thats what i dont have a problem with. People willing to pick it up, and learn rather than people whove been here 10 years and still dont know what the fuck 10 words are in english. Those can eat a dick and go back where they came from.

he could sure, but fuck it, why deal with the hassle if he couldnt? Save yourself the trouble. He'd have to be really fucking good at what he does if i was to consider otherwise.

I work with several people who cannot speak good English. If I were their lead, I would be working harder to make our documents easier for them to understand. I can think of many ways I would help improve the work environment for them, such as making documents in both English and their native languages so that they can grasp how to say things in English.

They are not lazy people. They work hard, they raise families and they do everything they can to communicate effectively.

now see thats what i dont have a problem with. People willing to pick it up, and learn rather than people whove been here 10 years and still dont know what the fuck 10 words are in english. Those can eat a dick and go back where they came from.

amen!

What tripe. I've belonged to a union, and see no need for them, but your argument is a bunch of BS. We are talking NYC. Do you know how expensive it is to live there? $63,000 wouldn't go very far.

Yeah those poor corporations, yelling at us to spend spend spend, but then get pissed when they need to pay us. My heart bleeds.

this is what happens if you let Union Party gets too greedy. Look at MTA (NYC Subway) workers... if you recall from 3 years ago - NYC caved in and boosted up the benefit package and salary for MTA workers... and their average salary is lot higher than average college graduate. If not - well at least MTA worker doesn't have any college education debt. sad, huh?

MTA Average Salary
Bus or Subway Operator.....$63,000
Subway Conductor............$54,000
Station Agent...................$51,000
Cleaner............................$40,000
Average MTA Worker..........$52,000

now you wonder why corporations are outsourcing the jobs. Lesson of the story? STFU & WORK!

that's just one small part of the reason. Other big part is... it's simply "scio-economic" change or whatsoever going on in the world. India puts a lot of money in improving its workforce and manpower to handle "white collar job" or tech jobs. A huge huge major advantage for India - they can speak english. Because of English language, they work for cheap. because of cheap labor - American companies put a low priority on customer support department by outsourcing this to Indians. Same for drone jobs such as data input, data analysis, etc. Ever wonder why there are some extra fees for "premium tech support" ? That goes to American technicians.... who actually speak english.

sorry but I had to type this quick. Gotta go to shopping. Forgive me if there are some errors in this.

What tripe. I've belonged to a union, and see no need for them, but your argument is a bunch of BS. We are talking NYC. Do you know how expensive it is to live there? $63,000 wouldn't go very far.

Yeah those poor corporations, yelling at us to spend spend spend, but then get pissed when they need to pay us. My heart bleeds.

unfortunately - they're living with luxury. They have expensive watches, large plasma tv, PS3, a nice car. and they don't even work that hard. How I know this? this subway mechanic (with rolex watch) was talking to my friend about the raise. He was bragging to us that he does nothing all day most of time and he's enjoying reaping in $$$$$. so yes I believe that is bullshit.

NYC? expensive? You must be talking about Manhattan. There are plenty of places like Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens that are quite affordable. Not exactly a great neighborhood but you can live comfortably.

Back