U. S. workers worse off

It is no coincidence that the U.S. lags behind China, and many other countries, in math and science education.

Yeah... Japan and India, too!

You can't possibly blame unions for this problem.

Unions help combat the decrease in wages that is mentioned in that article. I make more at an unionized than non-unionized job. The benefits are more than worth it.

Exactly. Those greedy unions. How dare they try to bring a greater standard of employment and living to their members?

:cool2:

yes that is the good side of Union - to improve overall quality for workers and decent wages. The bad side is - they got greedy.... very greedy like MTA and Construction. Now you wonder why they prefer to hire illegals.

Not decrease but you mean INCREASE. The wage can't get any lower. and yes it's true - benefits under unions are lot better but it costs a great deal of money... just look at our American automakers mess.

Don't you guys notice that blue collar jobs especially mechanic (plumber, car mechanic, etc.) seems to be making more money than ever? and they don't even break some sweat like white collar people. Charging $100-200 per hour!?!? especially for people with only high school educations or never went to college?? This is injustice.

Don't you guys notice that blue collar jobs especially mechanic (plumber, car mechanic, etc.) seems to be making more money than ever? and they don't even break some sweat like white collar people. Charging $100-200 per hour!?!? especially for people with only high school educations or never went to college?? This is injustice.

Are you being sarcastic here?

A huge company, Haier, is owned by China in America. I believe that it is in Florida. Many people who got a layoff now work this company in order to pay their mortgage as last resort. China is expanding this company in other states in the future.

A huge company, Haier, is owned by China in America. I believe that it is in Florida. Many people who got a layoff now work this company in order to pay their mortgage as last resort. China is expanding this company in other states in the future.

Yeah, they make Air Conditioners.

Basically the more jobs we outsource, the more we are boosting China's economic power because now China is able to give the jobless a job and the worker is able have some buying power. Multiply this times 1 billion and you've got a problem for the US.

I don't suppose that China is going to let go of those blue collar jobs that we've outsourced to them that now drives their economy.

I wish our government would tax companies at a higher rate that outsource jobs to countries where labor laws are non-existent and the labor is cheap, that way at least the companies would be putting some of that profit back into our own country for social services for the now jobless.

There are talks of my company shutting down, I have two options either I can draw unemployment or I can get a job elsewhere.

And which countries are receiving the majority of our outsourced jobs? China, Japan, and India.

Actually its mexico & central america but all the top-end forbes companies do buisness worldwide, so youre right in a way....

Simple companies have just said fuck it, we can pay a mexican 3$ an hour instead of an american 8$ an hour doing warehouse work for example. Hundreds of companies flew the coop after NAFTA was launched.

I am being to wonder if American people are really lazy just because they are supposed to make anything that made in America. Or, our government is hurting our companies due too much taxes. I don't follow up the news because it is too many things going on in our country.

I am being to wonder if American people are really lazy just because they are supposed to make anything that made in America. Or, our government is hurting our companies due too much taxes. I don't follow up the news because it is too many things going on in our country.

In bold, that's not true, it's expensive labors, many companies are relocate to oversea for cheap labor to prevent any some of inflation and more other reasons.

I bought a wrench for 4 dollars that made in China. I went to another store which cost 14 dollars - the exact same design tool with a different name. It also made in China.

If it is an American wrench for 6 dollars, I would buy it. I have not seen a tool that made in America. Where are U.S.A. tools now at all stores? Thanks a lot most store owners have no concern about American jobs!

It is worst for deaf people not able to find a job. It is worst than hearing people because many deaf people are on welfare, and they want to work a full time job. It seems to me that Mexican people and deaf people are related due the communication. You know the rest of it.

It is worst for deaf people not able to find a job. It is worst than hearing people because many deaf people are on welfare, and they want to work a full time job. It seems to me that Mexican people and deaf people are related due the communication. You know the rest of it.

How much more ignorance do you have left to spew?

Are you Deaf at all? If you're not and you're painting Deaf people with such a broad stroke, perhaps this community isn't for you.

How much more ignorance do you have left to spew?

Are you Deaf at all? If you're not and you're painting Deaf people with such a broad stroke, perhaps this community isn't for you.

nah, I have met some young Mexican people, and they are very nice. They had a hard time to speak in English. They work in many restaurants all the times. They rather to do something else, but they can't because of their communication. Deaf people want to work, but some companies won't hire them because of their deafness especially their communication. The companies could be troubled with the ADA law. Isn't that correct, BradB08?

If they will not hire deaf people based on deafness alone, it is the job of people to report them for it. If you don't report them, they will never learn.

I bought a wrench for 4 dollars that made in China. I went to another store which cost 14 dollars - the exact same design tool with a different name. It also made in China.

If it is an American wrench for 6 dollars, I would buy it. I have not seen a tool that made in America. Where are U.S.A. tools now at all stores? Thanks a lot most store owners have no concern about American jobs!

Now, labor cost in China is spike, it would make companies to be on reverse to increase of manufacturing job in US or move to other countries, such as Mexico. You could check my link for more info about cost spike in China.

http://www.alldeaf.com/topic-debates/55551-chinas-cost-spike.html

nah, I have met some young Mexican people, and they are very nice. They had a hard time to speak in English. They work in many restaurants all the times. They rather to do something else, but they can't because of their communication. Deaf people want to work, but some companies won't hire them because of their deafness especially their communication. The companies could be troubled with the ADA law. Isn't that correct, BradB08?

Well, deaf people can communicate via writing or typing if their english skill is meet to standard like I did at all time, being for deaf is more known as non-voice communication since Mexicans use voice in different language, both of them couldn't compare.

Back