U.S. woman goes ‘all out’ with 30,000-calorie Christmas feast

I don't even understand how it is possible.

From the article:
The massive feast consisted of two 25-pound turkeys, two maple-glazed hams, 15 pounds of potatoes, five loaves of bread, five pounds of herb stuffing, four pints of gravy, four pints of cranberry dressing, and 20 pounds of vegetables.

Simpson also had room for dessert as she consumed “salad” made of marshmallow, cream cheese, whipped cream and cookies.
:jaw:

um... I don't think this article is being completely accurate. Is it really possible for one person to eat two turkeys and two hams in two hours? i doubt it...

And yes. Disgusting.

Oh, that is sick, all right. No, I don't believe she would go that far like that. Why would she want to go up to 1,000 pounds? She would kill herself eating just like John Candy who had a eating disorder. Being fat is no picnic, even I am fat, too. I would rather be thin any day. I don't eat like what she eats. Yew. No, thanks. :roll:

um... I don't think this article is being completely accurate. Is it really possible for one person to eat two turkeys and two hams in two hours? i doubt it...

And yes. Disgusting.
Maybe she doesn't like the drumsticks...:eek3:

WTF. I'd explode if I ate that much. I wouldn't even get past the 3rd serving of food.

The article said she was planning to try to bulk up to 1000 pounds - that sounds REALLY wasteful!

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Captivate (i897))

Thats load of bullshit. She's known for lying and attention.

It's excessive gluttony. It has no redeeming value. I imagine she will have a lot of health issues if she doesn't already.

Yeah, and?

My point is... if they want to do that to their selves, why is it your business?

If you getting a tattoo disgusted me, and I went on a forum saying that you disgust me because you got a tattoo - would it matter in the end? Not really.

It is also a sin to mark your body for your body is a temple, basically... and its also a sin to participate in glutton.

What I am saying is.... even though the feat is disgusting to some, it shouldnt matter.

Welcome to America ;)

(BTW, I've ate 8500 calorie in one sitting before, and I can believe 30k is within reach for an experienced feaster)

Good Lord that's just nasty. Her husband and two young children will end up burying her at a young age. Humans typically start having life threatening issues at around 700 pounds so I am thinking she won't get past 800 pounds. She'll end up crushed under her own weight. Now if it was balanced with muscle mass, via weightlifting then yeah maybe, but still that's just huge and disgusting.

I have a friend who easily weighs between 300-400 pounds and she already has a shitload of problems that are related to her weight. Her asthma is getting worse, her back hurts, her joints hurt, she feels tired all of the time the list goes on and on and she swears she has 18 diseases. I'm thinking she's also hypochondriac but I don't say anything other than try to encourage her to get out and exercise more.

I don't think she realizes that this is just as dangerous as anorexia and other similar eating disorders.

Good Lord that's just nasty. Her husband and two young children will end up burying her at a young age. Humans typically start having life threatening issues at around 700 pounds so I am thinking she won't get past 800 pounds. She'll end up crushed under her own weight. Now if it was balanced with muscle mass, via weightlifting then yeah maybe, but still that's just huge and disgusting.

I have a friend who easily weighs between 300-400 pounds and she already has a shitload of problems that are related to her weight. Her asthma is getting worse, her back hurts, her joints hurt, she feels tired all of the time the list goes on and on and she swears she has 18 diseases. I'm thinking she's also hypochondriac but I don't say anything other than try to encourage her to get out and exercise more.

I don't think she realizes that this is just as dangerous as anorexia and other similar eating disorders.

I've been back and forth at this thread a couple times trying to figure out how I wanted to reply. The first thing that popped into my mind before I even read the article was "This woman HAS an eating disorder!"

There's no doubt about it, folks. She has an eating disorder; binge eating disorder. She also probably has a few comorbid disorders going on, too.

But, here's where I part ways with most of you. I feel compassion for this woman. Her attitude is appalling. I will grant you all that, but when you're eating disordered, you truly are ill. You have no compass for moderation whatsoever.

I know, because, I've been in recovery from bulimia and binge eating disorder, myself. I am not willing to get too discriptive about what I ate, how much, or what I did with the food once it went in, but, I will say this... It was a LOT, and, I didn't always keep what I ate in me.

Eating disorders are very hard to deal with. You truly don't realize how ill you are in most cases. I didn't. I tricked myself into thinking I was fine because I didn't suffer a lot of health issues. But, the truth was, I was suffering. It has taken me 13 long years to get my eating under control. I've been behavior free since '08, and, I'm very proud of that accomplishment.

This woman needs help. Whether or not she gets it remains to be seen, but in the mean time, please try to have a little compassion for things like this. We don't know the whole story here. We just know what we read.

Thank you.

Yeah, and?

My point is... if they want to do that to their selves, why is it your business?

If you getting a tattoo disgusted me, and I went on a forum saying that you disgust me because you got a tattoo - would it matter in the end? Not really.

It is also a sin to mark your body for your body is a temple, basically... and its also a sin to participate in glutton.

What I am saying is.... even though the feat is disgusting to some, it shouldnt matter.

Welcome to America ;)

(BTW, I've ate 8500 calorie in one sitting before, and I can believe 30k is within reach for an experienced feaster)
Whatever...I can have an opinion whether or not it matters to you or anyone else.

I don't understand how a human stomach could process that much food in such a short time.

How does she afford her weekly food bill?

I don't understand how a human stomach could process that much food in such a short time.

How does she afford her weekly food bill?

The stomach can stretch, but truthfully, she's at extreme risk for stomach rupture. All bingers are if they do it regularly enough and consuming a large enough amount of food. That's what makes binge eating disorder so deadly; or one of the things. Among them are the typical things we usually hear about:

diabetes
heart disease
fatty liver disease
stroke.

and more...

It's why bariatric surgery has become so stinking popular.

As for the food bill question, many bingers can't. They wrack up a sizeable debt by putting their grocery bill on their credit cards. I've also known people who have stolen food to supply their binges. That's how sad this is. It drives people to extremes.

Back