twice surgery on cochlear implant

Smithtr

G.G.H.T
Premium Member
Reaction score
if you think so risk on cochlear implant is? I don't know surgery twice on surgery on implant. I don't think so not sure, I know difficult to complex on cochlear implant. I don't know how can you know help me. I am not sure :hmm:

i don't know how dangerous on risk surgery,. i don't know I am not sure I don't want to trouble sick. beacuse If you not insurance, I don't know

I've had an re-implant from a N22 to a N24C and it went through beautifully. (The original implant failed so I had it taken out and replaced/upgraded and the doctor was able to fix the original scar so it didn't show as much).

There is always a risk with ANY surgery - there was a risk with mine as the doctor never performed an explant/re-implant and was on the phone with a doctor in Seattle, instructing her how to do mine.

I don't know who was more excited - me or the doctor (she was pratically jumping up and down in glee - saying that it went beautifully and the old channels were barely hanging in there when she took it out - 3 of the 22 channels were inside the cochlea... )

It depends on the circumstances involved.

scribbler86-smithr had his implant removed due to headaches and asked for it to be removed to to these headaches and complicatios if im not mistaken. If im not mistaken I doubt insurance wud pay for a 2nd implant especially since the first one was asked to be removed by the OP.

I am not sure what is twice for cochlear implant

scribbler86-smithr had his implant removed due to headaches and asked for it to be removed to to these headaches and complicatios if im not mistaken. If im not mistaken I doubt insurance wud pay for a 2nd implant especially since the first one was asked to be removed by the OP.

I don't know I guess I think so hard to cochlear implant. I think so not easy, but my cochlear implant is complication, really I guess I hope be you complication.. I guess I want to happy future, i don't know what is happened i guess I wish be cochlear implant is good, I want to new implant is wire cochlear for my ear. I want to upgrade want to good cochlear

I don't know I guess I think so hard to cochlear implant. I think so not easy, but my cochlear implant is complication, really I guess I hope be you complication.. I guess I want to happy future, i don't know what is happened i guess I wish be cochlear implant is good, I want to new implant is wire cochlear for my ear. I want to upgrade want to good cochlear

When did you get CI? My third cousin has 2 CI. He got first implant for 1 year later. It was not work. He got re-implant surgery to get a new nucleus freedom. It help him to hear a lot better than old CI. He got second CI surgery last year ago.

The surgery is always be risk for any kind. Do you have a headache? You might re-implant to fix. I don't know what brand of CI do you have. I asked to audiologist which is the best CI brand. She said nucleus freedom is the best than other brand. The freedom is ready for technology at long life.

By the way, I will have a surgery for first CI in June.

really I am surprised you are lucky

When did you get CI? My third cousin has 2 CI. He got first implant for 1 year later. It was not work. He got re-implant surgery to get a new nucleus freedom. It help him to hear a lot better than old CI. He got second CI surgery last year ago.

The surgery is always be risk for any kind. Do you have a headache? You might re-implant to fix. I don't know what brand of CI do you have. I asked to audiologist which is the best CI brand. She said nucleus freedom is the best than other brand. The freedom is ready for technology at long life.

By the way, I will have a surgery for first CI in June.

I figure out my doctor for dr.Derald Oldring for my cochlear implant,. I need to go to doctor. I send to my doctor. I want to new implant. I think so better so good for implant. I think so channel is not enough 22 because I figure out my think so possible guess I know really surgery my implant is really hard. I want to nucleus freedom for my CI. I think so good idea. I think so figure out my family doctor let know make sure discuss to Dr.Peter, I don't know when I am not sure.....

you can always try the other ear if it is a candidate. Just a thought for you to consider.

i figure out try consider

you can always try the other ear if it is a candidate. Just a thought for you to consider.

I want to find my idea. I am very exciting about to cochlear implant. that is sound great.. I am happy...

I am very exciting about to interest about to my cochlear implant. If I supposed to surgery my re-implant. I should be upgrade my implant. let know approve my implant. I don't know when if you should be let know more deep my implant.

I figure out my doctor for dr.Derald Oldring for my cochlear implant,. I need to go to doctor. I send to my doctor. I want to new implant. I think so better so good for implant. I think so channel is not enough 22 because I figure out my think so possible guess I know really surgery my implant is really hard. I want to nucleus freedom for my CI. I think so good idea. I think so figure out my family doctor let know make sure discuss to Dr.Peter, I don't know when I am not sure.....

My audiologist said nucleus freedom have a new 24 channel from 22 channel. I am going to get n24. The AB is 16 and Med El is 12 channel. That's why I picked Freedom.

If you have problem with headache and see your audiologist. I hope it will be work out for you.

My audiologist said nucleus freedom have a new 24 channel from 22 channel. I am going to get n24. The AB is 16 and Med El is 12 channel. That's why I picked Freedom.

If you have problem with headache and see your audiologist. I hope it will be work out for you.

There's Nucleus 24 that released in late 90's and Nucleus 22 in mid 80's until late 90's or early 2000's.

Freedom has more benefits than Nucleus 24.

There's Nucleus 24 that released in late 90's and Nucleus 22 in mid 80's until late 90's or early 2000's.

Freedom has more benefits than Nucleus 24.

No I am talking about CI body with electrical.

I have not had CI sugary but I have had over 100 other surgarys do to a condition I have ( same plumbing tho) and any time you go under general anesthetic thier is risk but today the risk of death is VERY VERY low. it is clearly your choice weather or not to get a new implant but now the healing time is lower due to new techniques , if you have allready had it once you know what you are looking for on that part. if you chose to get it fixed I hope it gose well for you.

someitmes depend on headache

I don't know what is my neuoglist for observation to my headache. I experience my headache is really sensetive for easy headache. I am guess I really hard to complex...... That is why difficult. I know really not funny. I know medication is strong anti migriane headache. I don't know my history family really my uncle Jeff has headache mirgraine. I don't know depending of doing what is hitting my headache.
I don't have migraine. I don't have one migrane I am lucky.

I know I am scared really worst to my headace. If I am better heal my headache since one year ago that is pretty improve feeling really glad of hear.
i am final I will back to cochlear implant. My doctor worried about to my implant. I will tell to psychiast and ENT deterimine for my implant. Really I hope be you should be better important to cochlear implant,

that is complication to cochlear implant

I have not had CI sugary but I have had over 100 other surgarys do to a condition I have ( same plumbing tho) and any time you go under general anesthetic thier is risk but today the risk of death is VERY VERY low. it is clearly your choice weather or not to get a new implant but now the healing time is lower due to new techniques , if you have allready had it once you know what you are looking for on that part. if you chose to get it fixed I hope it gose well for you.

I understand really condition really you damaged your ear. I dosn't think so guess I wonder I guess I will twice to my cochlear implant. I should be ready my implant. I let know my cochlear implant. If I should be getting new implant I want to upgrade implant. I should be wish future techniques is really expensive for insurance for inspector my implant. I have coverage my medication because reason my medication help you control my body for seizure because reason my implant. I don't know difficult promote is observation mental with approve implant. I let know deep analyze figure out my think so difficult really hard to complication.. I tell to my psychaist to more question to implant....

Travis,

I don't know the reason for the removal of your first CI, but I would strongly advise you to really think about whether you should have a re-implant. It may not be a good idea. Also, the there is a possiblity that a surgeon won't reimplant due to the fact that you had the first CI removed. If you really want to pursue getting another CI surgery, your first step should be to consult an ENT and go from there.

Good luck.

I am strong try changelle is re-implant

Travis,

I don't know the reason for the removal of your first CI, but I would strongly advise you to really think about whether you should have a re-implant. It may not be a good idea. Also, the there is a possiblity that a surgeon won't reimplant due to the fact that you had the first CI removed. If you really want to pursue getting another CI surgery, your first step should be to consult an ENT and go from there.

Good luck.

I want toi getting discuss to Doctor ENT. I am very strong because I am very courage to hear. I want to good brand cochlear implant. I let know ENT. I want to speak to Dr.Spafford permission approve my implant. You cannot force. I am decision strong because choice my chance reason you know he want to cochlear implant. I am very strong because my choice reason my responsibility but I really very strong my family. I let know strong my choice decision, I am really my choice decision. Because I know ask my family want to hear. I understand you don't ignored to me because you should be respect to Smithtr, I know you are not able to something probably because you are know important to support. I know respect to me. I like to positive. I don't want to trouble. I want to strength my opinioin, I want to skills real help you I want to be happy and smile; let really change real world because you are happier . I know you are best life. Doesn't be change think but i need to more happier and respect to technical fix on cochlear implant..

I don't know what is my neuoglist for observation to my headache. I experience my headache is really sensetive for easy headache. I am guess I really hard to complex...... That is why difficult. I know really not funny. I know medication is strong anti migriane headache. I don't know my history family really my uncle Jeff has headache mirgraine. I don't know depending of doing what is hitting my headache.
I don't have migraine. I don't have one migrane I am lucky.

I know I am scared really worst to my headace. If I am better heal my headache since one year ago that is pretty improve feeling really glad of hear.
i am final I will back to cochlear implant. My doctor worried about to my implant. I will tell to psychiast and ENT deterimine for my implant. Really I hope be you should be better important to cochlear implant,

has your audi tried changing your program ? I'm have read here that some people have had thier programs changed and it has helped the headaches
but I am only going by what others on this board who have CI's say.
but I am guessing if you are talking to your doc about a new one you most likely already have gone this route.

ps have you had any CAT scans ? I know some MRI's are out due to the CI but the CI might not be the only thing causing the headaches thier are always options .

has your audi tried changing your program ? I'm have read here that some people have had thier programs changed and it has helped the headaches
but I am only going by what others on this board who have CI's say.
but I am guessing if you are talking to your doc about a new one you most likely already have gone this route.

I will tell to my psychiast for my implant. I tell to my psychiast and family doctor decision. I don't know if I talk to doc about a new one implant. I need to figure out notice plan I let know required to ENT. That is help my doctor reason help courage to insurance and coverage medcation with cochlear implant. I let know ready my time. I have to ready my idea. I do handle to my doctor listen to my story about to cochlear implant. You should be future for my implant. I wish be good idea. I want to happier change my otherwise control my thinking about to cochlear implant. I should be exact to 100% percents for implant. That is difficult. I know really pretty complication I don't want to loss my feeling because I should be focus my cochlear implant. be try hard work and try help my communication to my psychiast and dr family mention to think so do accept. I really understand my pleasure.
:wave:

http://www.sasksurgery.ca/individual/s/spafford-peter.htm

Back