twice surgery on cochlear implant

has your audi tried changing your program ? I'm have read here that some people have had thier programs changed and it has helped the headaches
but I am only going by what others on this board who have CI's say.
but I am guessing if you are talking to your doc about a new one you most likely already have gone this route.

ps have you had any CAT scans ? I know some MRI's are out due to the CI but the CI might not be the only thing causing the headaches thier are always options .

He does not have CI anymore. It was removed.

He is telling you he thinks the new technology is much better and he thinks he will have better luck if he can get reimplanted with the new cochlear implant.

I will tell to my psychiast for my implant. I tell to my psychiast and family doctor decision. I don't know if I talk to doc about a new one implant. I need to figure out notice plan I let know required to ENT. That is help my doctor reason help courage to insurance and coverage medcation with cochlear implant. I let know ready my time. I have to ready my idea. I do handle to my doctor listen to my story about to cochlear implant. You should be future for my implant. I wish be good idea. I want to happier change my otherwise control my thinking about to cochlear implant. I should be exact to 100% percents for implant. That is difficult. I know really pretty complication I don't want to loss my feeling because I should be focus my cochlear implant. be try hard work and try help my communication to my psychiast and dr family mention to think so do accept. I really understand my pleasure.
:wave:

Saskatchewan Surgical Care Network

anything I can do to help, I will try English is a hard language to learn and work with.

has your audi tried changing your program ? I'm have read here that some people have had thier programs changed and it has helped the headaches
but I am only going by what others on this board who have CI's say.
but I am guessing if you are talking to your doc about a new one you most likely already have gone this route.

ps have you had any CAT scans ? I know some MRI's are out due to the CI but the CI might not be the only thing causing the headaches thier are always options .

I thought Nucleus Freedom is safe for MRI.

cochlear implant

i agree you are correct. I think so safe MRI. I know why MRI safe. I know you are be safe, you are fine..

i hope be getting my implant. I wish be going to cochlear implant....

tell to psychiast to observation cochlear implant.

you think so agree or disagree, I let know you should be question cochlear implant is twice surgery for my implant. I think so help you question, I guess help you I will talk to psychaist to my implant. I let know question things. I wish be see if you know more surgeyr my implant.

I wait for my implant for patient.. I am tired who is canada for in Cochlear implant is doctor or audloglist. I sign legal is 18 yrs old strict to permission to you adult decision that is true.

Pinky there is 3 strength of MRI (0.2 1.5 and 3 telsra) the first one and 1.5 telsra would need alot of tight padding. the higher telesra would require small surgery to remove magnet from your head.

Copy and Pasted from Cochlear website

Why do I need to think about MRI scans before choosing an implant?

Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is a technique for taking pictures of soft tissues inside the body. It is a valuable imaging method increasingly used by doctors to help diagnose a wide range of diseases and injuries. Cochlear implants vary in their level of MRI safety. Some may restrict your ability to have an MRI scan, while others are quite safe. Because your implant is with you for life, it is important to consider MRI safety now and for the future. Currently MRI scanners can be categorised as follows:

Low strength, e.g. 0.2 tesla
Medium strength, e.g. 1.5 tesla
High strength, e.g. 3.0 tesla

Are MRI scans safe with a cochlear implant?

The magnetic field in MRI scanners exerts force on any magnetic materials in the vicinity. This can be an issue for people with some cochlear implants, particularly those with a fixed magnet. If you have one of the Nucleus® 24 range of cochlear implants, you can safely have an MRI scan up to 3.0 tesla. This is made possible by the design of the implant, and its removable magnet. Up to 1.5 tesla, the implant’s magnet is left in place for an MRI scan.* Over 1.5 tesla and up to 3.0 tesla, the magnet is temporarily removed. This is done with a simple, outpatient procedure. Cochlear is the only manufacturer with this exceptional level of MRI safety.

* Over 0.2 T and up to 1.5 T, a head bandage is applied. Refer to the Warnings and Precautions leaflet, available from Cochlear.

REFERENCES: 1. Kanal E, et al. Safety Considerations in MR Imaging. Radiology 1990 Sep;176(3):593-606. 2. IMV MRI Cencus Market Summary Report.

Thank you i already remove my implant.

Pinky there is 3 strength of MRI (0.2 1.5 and 3 telsra) the first one and 1.5 telsra would need alot of tight padding. the higher telesra would require small surgery to remove magnet from your head.

Copy and Pasted from Cochlear website

Why do I need to think about MRI scans before choosing an implant?

Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is a technique for taking pictures of soft tissues inside the body. It is a valuable imaging method increasingly used by doctors to help diagnose a wide range of diseases and injuries. Cochlear implants vary in their level of MRI safety. Some may restrict your ability to have an MRI scan, while others are quite safe. Because your implant is with you for life, it is important to consider MRI safety now and for the future. Currently MRI scanners can be categorised as follows:

Low strength, e.g. 0.2 tesla
Medium strength, e.g. 1.5 tesla
High strength, e.g. 3.0 tesla

Are MRI scans safe with a cochlear implant?

The magnetic field in MRI scanners exerts force on any magnetic materials in the vicinity. This can be an issue for people with some cochlear implants, particularly those with a fixed magnet. If you have one of the Nucleus® 24 range of cochlear implants, you can safely have an MRI scan up to 3.0 tesla. This is made possible by the design of the implant, and its removable magnet. Up to 1.5 tesla, the implant’s magnet is left in place for an MRI scan.* Over 1.5 teresla and up to 3.0 tesla, the magnet is temporarily removed. This is done with a simple, outpatient procedure. Cochlear is the only manufacturer with this exceptional level of MRI safety.

* Over 0.2 T and up to 1.5 T, a head bandage is applied. Refer to the Warnings and Precautions leaflet, available from Cochlear.

REFERENCES: 1. Kanal E, et al. Safety Considerations in MR Imaging. Radiology 1990 Sep;176(3):593-606. 2. IMV MRI Cencus Market Summary Report.

Thank you so much information to pretty MRI scan up. I already be getting remove my implant magnet......

that is why reason important to surgery my implant. I think so twice for my implant. I ready my magent is new implant. I should be more important to question;
:thumb:

Travis, have you spoke to your audiologist about you reconsidering surgery again for the implant?

sure I will tell to audiologist

Travis, have you spoke to your audiologist about you reconsidering surgery again for the implant?

I let know my psychiat to permission for my implant. I am not sure I wish be surgery for my implant. I let know ready my dr.spafford and i will phone to my psychiast to ready for my audiologist., I should be pay for implant i don't know when pay insurance for implant i don't know I am not sure.

Back