"Turn your Hearing Aid up!"

Oh, boy. Sounds like my boss. Sorry that any one else has to go through this. My boss tells me I talk funny, shows how "funny" she is by showing people how I cannot hear her. Yeah, she stands behind me and talks when others are around. I turn around to find boss there. I am surprised. She thinks that is funny. She wants me to repeat what she said behind my back. She thinks it is one big joke to show off to others that way. She also sends rude and bigotted emails. Not too funny, huh?

Oh, boy. Sounds like my boss. Sorry that any one else has to go through this. My boss tells me I talk funny, shows how "funny" she is by showing people how I cannot hear her. Yeah, she stands behind me and talks when others are around. I turn around to find boss there. I am surprised. She thinks that is funny. She wants me to repeat what she said behind my back. She thinks it is one big joke to show off to others that way. She also sends rude and bigotted emails. Not too funny, huh?

Maybe you should report her. That is no way for a supervisor to act around her employees.

How rude! I remember i used to work at Meijer supermarket in 2004. I worked there for 9 months. Until Meijer's company have changed the position for disabilities. We have no long on bagger position anymore. My boss wanted me to work at night and do carts pushing. I have a poor vision at night. My mom concerned about strange would grab me at parking lot. The manager forced me must to wear hearing aids at night in dark. Next day, I called to boss and tell that I quit job. I can't work at night in dark outside due to my vision problem. My husband helped me to request the paper about quit job for reason. He didn't like the people's treat on disabilities, cashier, baggers like crap! After I quit job and two weeks later my husband quit job and transfer to new job.

Yeah, I want to report her. I am thinking that I would probably just lose my job. We have an at-will policy. They can fire you for no reason or any reason. I have saved all the nasty emails though. The local DARS group did witness her hostility. She now doesnt want them in the office. They used to come every 6 months or so for a checkup visit. Just to see if I needed equipment or what the employee relations were like. She said they distract me from my work. I have worked here for 11 years now. It was not always like this though.

Yeah, I want to report her. I am thinking that I would probably just lose my job. We have an at-will policy. They can fire you for no reason or any reason. I have saved all the nasty emails though. The local DARS group did witness her hostility. She now doesnt want them in the office. They used to come every 6 months or so for a checkup visit. Just to see if I needed equipment or what the employee relations were like. She said they distract me from my work. I have worked here for 11 years now. It was not always like this though.

It doesn't matter what their policy is, the state laws can say otherwise despite what your workplace policy may be.

I have had that happen many of times

Is it nice for a boss to tell you to turn your hearing aid up in front of workers. The workers laughed of course. That's embarrassing. Perhaps a hearing dog would help.

No it is not right for employer or anyone to jest around and say turn up your hearing aids. It is embarrising but I go along with it a laugh about it not to rock the boat. there could be leagal ground for that.

When a person says this to me--I will fly off the handle and tell them what I think of them. And if no apology is forthcoming--I wouldn't hesistate to smack them beside the head.

I don't care if it's a boss or not.

It's just like going to the doctor's office and he is telling you to lose weight when he himself is 100 pounds over weight!

Pretty bad analogy when you paid the doctor to take care of your health. Would you prefer a doctor not to tell you that if it will improve your health, even if he or she is overweight?

:hmm:

nah, you're not off the topic. Thanks for your reply. This part of my life is over. Well, i mean, as a christian, i may view as god using the deafs as a sign to the public. What i mean is, somehow, throughout my life, i leave a ~trail~ of mishaps or destruction like angles doing the work of the show in the public while i move on in life. You'll have to recognize the signs. My boss is out of the job as well as myself. 7000 workers got laid off because of an immoral business move during the wall street burps. Usually, many years later, our rude pals get what goes around comes back around. We're almost, always, the innocent folks managing the hard times in our lives but it seems to me god's angels work hard to mark the evils on their forehead for display on judgment day while we see the the brilliant, glorious treasures in our mansions down the diamond covered streets.

amen!!!!

Back